Itzal - Shadow in disguise (Bionicle MOC)

Hello there.

I decided to build a toa metru like MOC with modifyed parts.

I wanted to build something simple, but only having him black didnt seem to intresting. So i used my costom painted kanohi hau. I painted the rest of the black parts the same way and i think it ended up pretty nice.

Because i used the standard metru build Itzal has the same stabillity as your standard toa metru set.

I did add a few additional tubes and a backpack for some cool looks.

I did make up a small backstory for him:

Itzal is a shadow toa that has haunted the matoran for centuries, tricking them into doing bad things by making it sound like its a good thing, making the matoran thinking that they are helping everyone.

His blades are hidden and are materialized when he needs them. He collects kanohi masks for sport, using them like makuta terridax used turaga duma as a cover. You could call him a mask theif.

Thats all for Itzal, a little anto toa theif.

25 Likes

Love the gritty paint job! Looks like something out of Waste Disposal or Project Toa.

2 Likes

Yes, im glad you like it. I took some insperation from project toa, have seen many people do that kind of busyed up look to their parts.

1 Like

Is that silver Krahkaan painted?

yes, it was black, but i have two so i used one.

1 Like

I really like the colors and the aesthetic, but Iā€™m questioning the reasoning behind connecting that tubing to the hands.

These modified parts are quite interesting. How did you accomplish that look?

I used a silver and gold pencils to do the gun metal and rust. I uses a hobby knife and silver pen to do the cracks.

1 Like