Jalerian (a paint for Jal)

I finally did it!!! So, a very very very veeeeeery long time ago, I made a topic where I asked for self-mocs to draw. I made two, but I couldn’t finish the third because… school and life and punishments… But I finally did it! But you know what? @Jal isn’t on MB anymore so… YEAH!
Whatever. I made this draw anyway. And here it is!

Sorry for the low quality.
The torso was the hardest. This moc is 65% technic, so I couldn’t make it exactly like in the real life. I lost myself a couple of times, so I make a custom one. I also think that the legs are too short.
Whatever. Next is @Sammythekat
Vladin draws your Self-MOC! - #3 by Fidda

So what do you think?

3 Likes

The head is a bit misplaced, and the torso looks a bit disproportionate. Other than that, I think it’s good. I think you just need to work on the accuracy a bit more, and then you can start to work on developing your own style. It isn’t great, but the only way to get better is to keep drawing.

Taking a step back from the drawing, cropping the photo to more closely surround the drawing itself makes it a bit easier to see. That way, even with the same overall photo size, the artwork is larger. Just cutting out the dead space. Trying to make sure you’re taking the photo from directly above the paper also helps; that way the paper stays parallel with the frame.

1 Like

I can’t do this right now.

I’m not saying you should do a V2 this minute or anything like that; just some advice for future projects.

1 Like

Oh, then OK!

Thank you! I thought you are out!

1 Like