Joe Smith's Ridiculous CGI Art Topic

Ok, I’ve made a bunch of stuff, but only shared it to google plus…until now!

70 Likes

Why can’t I like this more than once?!

You have amazing talent.

7 Likes

Thank you Rakrondewl! I hope to enrich the Bionicle community! You are much appreciated! : )

5 Likes

A bit noisy, but excellent work nonetheless! What software do you render in?

3 Likes

I just saved the gif of the toa running. Good stuff :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@UmbraManis Blender, using renderfarms! Saves a lot of time :slight_smile:

@Hautaka Thanks Hautaka! I based it off of one image I saw from the 2001 lego catalogs! https://www.google.com/search?biw=1007&bih=749&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=lego+2001+catalog&oq=lego+2001+catalog&gs_l=psy-ab.3...22096.22557.0.22877.4.4.0.0.0.0.146.286.0j2.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.0.0.nO1lFKO-An0#imgrc=xM6-FmO5BU8dLM:

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

3 Likes

You should try out the latest build of blender 2.79 then, it has a denoiser which has cut down on my render times quite a bit!

4 Likes

Some of the characters are a bit iffy, but I’m impressed with your Toa Mata and the running gif you posted. Seriously it’s awesome.

7 Likes

@UmbraManis Cool! I will try that!

@Chronicler Some models are mine, the mata are not, but I made the materials, the lighting, environments and animated them!

Edited for Double Posting. Hey @JoeSmith please read our rules by clicking that highlighted text. Thanks! - Waj

4 Likes

this is for the most part pretty awesome,certain things look a little off, but it doesn’t matter

4 Likes

You’re here as I’m uploading new stuff! Yay!

14 Likes

Very Nice!

2 Likes

Makuta sends his forces to attack! What will you do? Defend the village! Protect the Matoran! Ready the Toa! You control the action with the Lego Bionicle Collection!

7 Likes

This is so cool, I don’t have much artistic talent/patience when it comes to 3D modeling, but as it becomes more accessible as a medium of expression, I hope to see more cool stuff out of the Bionicle community! Keep up the great work

1 Like

A bit rough around the edges in some places, but I quite like it. Good work.

4 Likes

Coming soon: Assassins creed style Bionicle trailer, featuring the Inika.

1 Like

https://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/b/4/b4a8de9d3a2825caffbb040b29151e421c4fced8.gif I love this avatar intro style animation for Gali

2 Likes

All of them seems to be pretty cool!

1 Like

Cool, but why are you using Google+?