Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

He might not have to die, but it would definitely raise the stakes for one of the strongest Kal to be killed off or fused with.

I just thought of something really cool that ties back to G1. Remember when Tuyet was killed by Takanuva when she tried to get through the dimensional gate, in that alternate timeline? What if Umarak succeeds in fusing with Annona’s power, and the Toa force him through the gate and steal his mask away, killing him in the process?

That actually makes more sense, but the reason she was evil was because the Brothers had no restraint when creating her. I’d agree that she should be tied to the shadows, so maybe the Mask of Shadows feeds off of her power? That way, it can be introduced as THE taboo mask.

1 Like

Very true, at this point you have pretty much convinced me.:+1:

I like the idea but I would personally like it to happen later rather than immediately.

Exactly. Without the light there is only darkness.
And I really like the idea that they are already connected through shadow.

1 Like

I agree.

True. And Umarak might be able to communicate with Annona, since she is telepathic.

1 Like

This just seems like it was meant to be.

I just imagined the final battle borrowing an idea from a story I am developing.
The final battle takes place in the Well of Time located in the heart of Mata Nui, a place filled with bridges suspended above and ending with portals to different parts of time and space. Annoa the Shadowed One has found the well and intends to use it to wreak revenge on Mata Nui which would ultimately destroy the island and all life on it. The Nuva were given foresight of this event by Mata Nui and have planned for the day accordingly. Just before the moment of Annona’s victory, every Toa throughout all of time come through the portals and attack the Shadowed One. Annona is ultimately consumed by the light created by the combining of all the elements and collapses into the time pool portal below, scattering into oblivion. The Toa all become truly one with the Nuva and explode with elemental energy, reviving Mata Nui. Mata Nui however chooses to be a life force like the Nuva, returning to his body would be fatal to the island, and is known as the Nuva of Light.

The idea may need a little tweaking but I really like it.

2 Likes

I kinda assumed the past Toa’s souls melded with their respective Nuva upon their death, meaning that any succeeding Toa would be able to speak with all of their predecessors.

I think an ultimate final battle would be if Annona (who has now fused with Umarak, Vezon, and Brutaka), would be able to summon various powerful entities from other dimensions (or timelines) and force them to fight for her. For example, introducing Kal who survived in other timelines but died in ours.

The Toa would be forced to either team up with the surviving Kal or use their Nuva Forms to defeat her (via stealing her mask and banishing her into a void dimension). This dimension she is banished into is the alternate timeline in which she destroyed not only the Brothers, but all of the Nuva, where she would be tormented by a grieving Mata Nui for eternity.

1 Like

The thing about coming through time, it means they still can.

Oh you’re right, this could be even bigger, loving it. No “alternate timelines” please. Some of the Kal could have been summoned from the past, they were just assumed dead because of their absences.

Her mask would probably have to be destroyed in the process.
Again I don’t like “alternate timelines” as they don’t really work if you think about it.
I don’t think such an evil would be tormented by their greatest enemy grieving but rather feel ultimate victory. So being shattered through time sounds better to me.

The Toa could also make a Toa seal around Annona which could cause all her powers to implode on her/him/it.

1 Like

Very true, but that asks the question of how that affects the timeline of the past.

That could work. Although based on what I’ve added recently to Kal physiology (that they turn to stone when they die), it would be cool if the Toa traversed through an ancient Kal warzone during the War of the Brothers. They could see their stone figures frozen at the point of their death.

Fair enough. Maybe one of the Toa could steal the mask away (rescuing Brutaka and Vezon), undo the Annona fusion, and then shatter her through time with the Mask of Shadows?

Also, when I say Mata Nui is grieving, I mean he takes all of His hatred and wroth out on Annona. Like an eternal beatdown.

1 Like

If the Nuva already have some foreknowledge, I don’t think it would affect it at all. Each Toa is transferred to the Well of Time after they have completed their other duties thus why no Toa reverts back to a Matoran.

That would be very cool but I think that would probably have to happen at different time in the story. Maybe as a teaser as to what’s to come?

That could work but do we need/want two evil individuals to survive?

Oh I see, seems a little too dark though and not that happy of an ending.

1 Like

Didn’t know that was a thing, but I like it!

That could work. Or maybe the Mask of Life (if it’s on Artakha) could revive them just by being close to them, which would reignite the battlefield.

For the sake of the presence of lawful justice (trial through Axonn), Umarak could be imprisoned (the warden being Hydraxon). He would be depowered at this point (no mask), so he’d be imprisoned until the appointment of his execution (via Umbra).

Vezon might be pardoned, or serve a less extreme sentence. He’d lose his mask and spear, of course. In the event he is released, he’d be under supervision of Umbra.

Yeah, that’s kinda dark. Not a happy ending for evil. Thinking about it, Mata Nui wouldn’t really be in a different timeline since He pretty much invented it (Mask of Time being a fraction of His power, after all).

1 Like

Well only to the extent of this idea.

That’s a really good idea and I believe the Mask of Time may already possess this ability, so it is very plausible.

To save someone simply to execute them later is wrong on many different levels. I think we should leave the process as irreversible and end them together.

Agreed.

1 Like

It’s mainly about due process of law, not necessarily saving them. It’s not just for someone to simply walk up to a weakened villain and execute them on the spot. If there’s a proper trial (in this case, where Axonn basically sees through all Umarak’s lies), then justice can be properly administered.

On the point of ending them while both are fused together, that seems incredibly cruel. From the way I understood the fusion happening, Umarak defeats Vezon and forces them to fuse together (maybe corrupting Vezon’s inner light so that he decides to try to fuse with Umarak, leading to Umarak taking full control). It would more humane for them to both be tried by Axonn and punished accordingly (since Umarak is literally the most evil being alive and Vezon is the result of an accidental fission).

1 Like

I see but even so, their lives might be out of the Toas’ hands as Annona would end them herself.

I saw Vezon and Brutaka as already being evil beings, so no light would be there to be drained. Upon the forced fusions with the other Kal, I imagined their minds would be lost as Umarak wouldn’t want them taking control over him and would thus they would be unable to be restored.

1 Like

Entirely possible for Annona to kill them. However, in the event that Umarak and Vezon are returned to normal, I doubt any of the Toa would straight up kill them (maybe some of the Kal would want to, like the zealous Umbra out of the need to smite evil, or Kulta out of his rivalry with Umarak).

Regarding Vezon: He’s kinda just insane. After Karzahni messes with Irnakk’s mind, Irnakk splits into seven personalities. Vezon is the personality that distances himself from the other Piraka and abandons his service to Makuta, either out of fear of being captured and killed for his mask, or not wanting to be Irnakk again.

Regarding Brutaka: While G1 Brutaka might have been morally questionable (turns antagonist, but then protagonist on probation), G3’s Brutaka could just be a courier between Ekimu and Artakha. Since the Kal have free will (and Brutaka’s an Ekimite), Brutaka would have chosen to serve Ekimu and not Makuta or Karzahni (if he knew about his existence) based on the principles that Ekimu believes in (free will and liberty, in this case). Therefore, he wouldn’t necessarily be evil. Questionable, at worst.

1 Like

I think, if we separate the fusions with the Kal, we should at least keep Annona and Umarak together as one being. I just think they would be really imposing as one entity and this way we don’t have to have any “innocent” Kal needlessly killed nor anyone executed later.
I could also see Vezon escaping through one of the portals as a little nod to g1.

I kind of imagine Vezon like The Dark Knight Joker, insane with a lust for blood. I also kind of saw him working for Karzahni not because he had to but out of some twisted sense of pleasure.

I really like this character arc for Brutaka. Maybe he could be an antagonist to the Toa at first but be shown to be a protagonist later as their end goals are the same?
He could be sent to recover the Mask of Time by Ekimu to save Mata Nui, ends up fighting the Toa as they “exiled” his master, and now possess the “only” thing that can bring Mata Nui back. Upon learning they have the same mission, they could join forces. Later Umarak could absorb Brutaka and in the final battle the Toa would save him.

1 Like

Agreed.

But Vezon’s an Exile. He’s the only Kal outside of Annona (assuming Annona is even a Kal) that has denounced any form of higher power. Because of his status, he would most likely be hunted in order to retrieve the mask he wears.

Notice the other Piraka’s descriptions regarding their personalities (which I based entirely off of G1). Only two of them are described as cruel (Hakann and Zaktan), while the rest of them have their own vices (aside from Reidak, he’s the best). Vezon, compared to the other Piraka, is somewhat empty inside. He has none of the personality traits of the others, and his only description is his tactical prowess.

I’d argue that the Mask of Life is the only thing that could bring Him back, but I could see the Mask of Time doing the same thing (through time magic, or something).

1 Like

Wasn’t he a character who delighted in the misery of others and was hungry for power? I feel if he thought it would be fun, he would do it no matter who it benfited. Because he is kind of freelance he may be employed by different organizations but not really loyal to any.

As we have associated Mata Nui with time, maybe they believe returning his mask would be enough to revive him. In the end it would be the combining of all the elements that revives him and destroys Annona. The Mask of Time was only thing keeping him alive and does not actually have the power in of itself to revive him.
I thought about trying to incorporate the Mask of Life but in the end, I don’t think we really need it. Plus, the powers creation and life are very similar.

1 Like

I checked BioSector. Vezon appears to be afraid of being fused with Vezok (all of the Piraka in G3), and is overly-possessive over the Mask of Life. He’s also insane. Later on, he develops this weird “I want to die” complex, probably because he doesn’t want to work under anyone.

Very good point. I like it.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the Bionicle Wikia and it gives the same impression. I wonder where I got the idea he was a bloodthirsty killer? It did say he took too much pleasure in murder but not that he was bloodthirsty. I guess you’re right, he isn’t really that evil rather just very negative and insane.

1 Like

Exactly. Kinda like Gollum, but with no multiple personality disorder…maybe…

There was a part where he wanted to attack someone for some reason (when he was an agent for the Order), but that never came to fruition. Maybe his aggressiveness stems from his paranoia?

1 Like

That is a pretty good example. As far as multiple personalities, he’s already a 7th of one.:stuck_out_tongue:

I think that works perfectly for his character.

1 Like