Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

I just remembered, I have another idea for Karzahnian Enamite, this one very original.

Il’athrass (The Tree with Thousand Eyes)

• A tree transformed into a Kal-like creature, located in TIro
  • Gargantuan in size, posseses thousands of branches, but cannot move
  • Relies on telepathy and intelligents
  • Can process mad dreams of future, past and present into the victim’s mind, completely confusing them or driving them mad
  • Has a thousand small and large eyes spread all over it.
  • Destroyed and burnt to the ground, presumably during the last years of Mantax’s rule of Tiro.
2 Likes

I like this, very reminiscent of the Karzahni plant, but with a wider range of powers. Added!

3 Likes

Introducing:

#Annona the Shadowed One
(under Precursor section)

Name based on potential storyline element (as discussed in this topic by myself and @RAKRONDEWL). LDD by the latter, and quite possibly the best designs thus far!

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate.

2 Likes

Page updated with images for Tren Krom. Drawnwork by @Oomatu, and LDD by @Celemimphar

4 Likes

Page updated with hierarchy of being by @RAKRONDEWL

3 Likes

Introducing:

Marendar (The Void Hunter): clandestine offspring and servant to Annona. Immune to elemental energy and mental-based powers. Able to track elemental energy and siphon it from source. Same build as Onua.

3 Likes

I have made a LDD model concept of the Skrall Monarch.

5 Likes

Which reminds me about introducing:

#The Skrall
humanoid beings spawned from mutated seed pods by Morbuzakh. Corrupted by Annona’s and Tren Krom’s shadows. Separated into various breeds (monarch, elite, warrior, psion).

Not sure if the Skrall should be 100% Morbuzakh-spawn, or if they should be captured and corrupted Matoran sealed within the pods and mutated by Morbuzakh’s enzymes. The second one seems too dark.

3 Likes

I think they should be a combination of some sort but I am not sure what with. If it was with matoran, it could be kind of like the Bohrok from g1. On the other hand, I think I prefer them being expandable horde enemies that have pure dark sources.
Maybe Morbuzakh’s seed pods could be mutated by Marendar to give them their semi humanoid form and possibly heightened resistance to elemental energy.

1 Like

Regarding Bohrok-like nature: I’m not sure how I feel about that. A bit too similar to the Bohrok origin, in my opinion.

Regarding expendable horde enemy: That sounds like a better origin: beings born out of the personifications of darkness; basically the stereotypical depiction of a demon.

Regarding Marendar’s influence on the seed pods: That’s not part of Marendar’s power set, unless you mean Marendar and Morbuzakh merge into a singular being by the former being willingly absorbed by the latter, thereby creating a horde of elemental vampires with their minds set on draining the life from the world, as well as the Nuva… I think that needs to be added to your pitch regarding the hypothetical Story Arc 3.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was envisioning.

I will revise the pitch tomorrow.:wink:

I had an idea I thought I’d run by you.
What if Annona cloned herself with Umarak’s ability and was fighting the Toa in the well but was also fighting the Kal and matoran on the island? The Annona on the island could then add to Morburzakh seed pods to create the Skrall. In the end both Annonas would be connected in some way and the death of the one in the well would also kill the one on the island. All the Skrall would then also be destroyed upon her destruction, kind of like how all the Sauron’s creations are killed at the end of the Return of the King.
I am not sure how I personally feel about this idea and may like yours a little more but I would still like your opinion.

1 Like

Regarding Annona cloning herself: Since Annona is the primary Precursor already, her death would kill her offspring anyway.

Regarding Annona aiding in making the Skrall: I think Marendar should be enough for that part, based on the outcome of the “fusion.”

Regarding film homages: Technically, the orc armies fled and died off later, but there’s a battle happening at a volcano, so I can’t nitpick :laughing:. I think it’s a combination of Phantom Menace and Return of the King, plus a little Horcrux magic from Deathly Hallows.

1 Like

Ah, I wasn’t sure if we decided how the connection to Annona worked. Since it works that way, a second Annona wouldn’t make sense.

I was just trying to find a convenient way to kill off the Skrall horde but since it already exists, there is no reason to have Annona directly involved.

No, you are right. I remembered the scene wyong; I thought all of Sauron’s armies were “swallowed up” by the ground after the unmaking of the Ring, I had forgotten that a few get away in the film.

Yeah, that’s a better way of explaining what I was trying to say.:laughing:

1 Like

Well, the TTV mentioned this pitch in their latest Brainstorm. Time to change this to non-canon.

4 Likes

Truly a shame.

3 Likes

Well, the TTV have the final say, hence the disclaimer at the very beginning of the pitch.
Silver lining: they have a lot of potential material they can work with, even if it’s not exactly as it’s been pitched.

1 Like

Wow this is amazing

2 Likes

We should keep this one going. It seems to have alot of fun poential.

3 Likes

I’m for that, but I’ll need help trimming some of the fat off of it to help make it more manageable. Not sure where to start :sweat_smile:

1 Like