Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

I was thinking Irnakk could be a larger model, but the Piraka themselves would be about Matoran size. I do like the design, though.

3 Likes

Okay, thatā€™s fair. I could go back and turn it Irnakk-ianā€¦whatever the heck that is.
Later, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was going to say ā€œITā€™S KEETONGU!ā€ then I read it was actualky keetongu, now, all I can write is, why aint he KEETorange

2 Likes

Itā€™s to match both Keetonguā€™s connection to nature and Tiro. Heā€™s basically one of the most revered figures in Tiroan culture.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a really big fan of all this good job. I would ha e to say while brutaka and hydraxon builds are very good the others need a little work. Besides that this is great

3 Likes

I agree with you about Brutaka and Hydraxon (theyā€™re two of my personal favorite G1 sets), but I think the others still look pretty good, too. Iā€™d love for @RAKRONDEWL to make designs for the Makutans as well, but @Noupix for the individual Piraka (including Vezon)

3 Likes

Please say that the piraka are matoran sizeā€¦

2 Likes

They are :slight_smile:. Although the heads wonā€™t be normal minifigure heads. More similar to the actual G1 Piraka minifigures (Google image for reference).

Vezon is the one exception, since he has to wear the Mask of Fusion

2 Likes

Understood

2 Likes

What if the Shadowed One (Umarak), leader of the dark hunters, was one of the few surviving Kal?

1 Like

Iā€™ve always imagined him to be a Matoran. Besides, I think the TTV has already made Umarak canon, so I donā€™t know how theyā€™d react. Iā€™ll add it for now, though.

Would he be a Makutan or an Exile? I donā€™t see him as a Karzahnian. Iā€™ll say Exile for now.

1 Like

I too, imagined him as a Matoran but always giving orders from his throne in the shadows. Making him as a Kal would open up the opportunity to give him powers, such as shadow. Maybe he can also manipulate his form or how people perceive it, with his powers.

I imagined, if he were a Kal, he would be a Makutan as he operates from the shadows. The character is mostly just background but he has the potential to be a future antagonist.
Maybe he was completely loyal to Makuta and remained so even after his masterā€™s death. When the Rahkshi revived Makuta however, Umurak saw it as a mockery rather than a rebirth, not believing that his master could be a lowly Matoran. Thus he doesnā€™t play a big role in the first 3/6 years story arc.
Later after the Karzahni arc, he could be the main antagonist trying to ā€œbring backā€ Annona. He succeeds but not just freeing her but merging with her to become Annona the Shadowed One.

Just an idea. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Umarak being a Makutan would definitely make sense, even more so when he controls an organization that zealously hunts down ANYONE with a bounty on their head. Makutan he is.

That makes sense, although Iā€™m not sure if he would be completely loyal. That sounds a lot like Kultaā€™s character in this topic.

While I like the Annona tie-in, none of the Kal are aware of her existence, since (in the topic in which I place her) she is imprisoned before the world is created. Even if he freed her, she would literally tear the Sun apart and kill the planet. Iā€™m also not sure how they would merge, since that power is restricted to Vezon.

1 Like

Maybe his loyalty would have ended with the death of Makuta. He could have thought he was meant to fill Makutaā€™s role and thus now sees Makuta reborn as a rival to his ā€œrightful placeā€.

She could reach out to him as she is telepathic and the use/shatterings of the Mask of Time would be weakening the prison.
He would have to transfer her energies through some sort of dimensional gate to then absorb her into himself. To contain the power he could have to wear a special mask, the Death Crown (aka the Mask of Ultimate Power from g2).

1 Like

I could see that happening, or (since Kulta is created in Y2) he feels jealous of Makutaā€™s new servant. He might feel replaced/abandoned.

The only way I see that happening is if Umarak first captured/killed Brutaka and Vezon and used their masks to accomplish this, which could actually be interesting to see.

2 Likes

That would work.:+1:

He is the leader of the Dark Huntersā€¦Yes, I think that would be very interesting.
Maybe he can steal other Kalsā€™ energies? Hmm, I will definitely be thinking about this.

1 Like

His powers should properly represent G1ā€™s Shadowed One and G2ā€™s Umarak (I donā€™t know much about the latter).
He could possibly overpower Vezon and take his mask and spear, then fuse with Brutaka so that he possesses ALL the powers he needs?

@RAKRONDEWL Iā€™ve changed Kultaā€™s design so that he is distinct from Umarak

1 Like

The Shadowed One could fire beams from his eyes that would disintegrate anything upon contact. He had a staff which he used to create crystalline protodermis around enemies. The staff was also equipped with a Rhotuka Launcher that fired madness Rhotuka, which would cause chaos or insanity in the targetā€™s mind.

Umarak the Hunter was basically the ancient creature of shadow and he even had his own Nuva symbol to represent his element. He could use shadows to teleport, create ā€œclonesā€ of himself, behave like a telekinetic force, and to immobilize his enemies. When he became the Destroyer, he was completely under Makutaā€™s control but he also seemed to be impervious to any other elemental except for that of light. He ultimately was absorbed by Makuta so latter could return from the shadow realm.

So which powers do you think we should we use?

Hmmā€¦After he fuses the powers of his Mask of Shadows and Vezonā€™s Mask of Fusion, it could kind of be like how g1 Makuta absorb enemies with their shadow hands.
I donā€™t necessarily think he needs Brutakaā€™s powers but rather some amount of each element to open a ā€œgateā€, this also gets the Toa more involved like in g2.

Not sure how much you know about g2 so here is a little summery.

g2 Makuta created the Mask of Ultimate Power (MOUP) by combining all the elements into one mask. Ekimu knocked the mask from his brotherā€™s face, shattering it. The fragmenting of the mask opened up the Shadow Realm and the whole city was lost to it. In order for anyone to return, all the elements must be used again. Umarak was tasked to acquire the lost pieces of the MOUP and some amount of each element (he used the Toasā€™ weapons).

I was also thinking that maybe Annona should basically be the Nuva of Shadow as she seems to be tier above the Kal. Since shadow is the absence of light, which could have been Mata Nuiā€™s element, what better way to imprison such a creature than in a star.

2 Likes

Regarding the Shadowed One: we could keep the ability to create barriers, but the disintegration seems a bit too over-powered for that. The Madness Rhotuka also seems a bit too Karzahnian.

Regarding Umarak the Hunter: we could keep the Shadow Clones and the kinetic nature of the shadows. Iā€™m iffy on the teleportation, but it might grow on me.

Brutaka already has the Mask of Dimensional Gates, so it would make more sense if Umarak went after him immediately after Vezon. It might be limited, due to the distance between Mata Nuiā€™s Coffin and Annonaā€™s Prison (the world and the Sun, respectively).

That could be well-incorporated. Maybe Umarak realizes he done goofed, and so the Toa have to help him close the gate?

Based on how I introduced Annona, the Nuva were made by Mata Nui (six of which came through His sons). Annona was the first being created without Mata Nuiā€™s influence (which is more similar to the Kal). Thatā€™s an interesting premise, though.

1 Like

Shadow Abilities:
-Barriers
-Clones
-Kinetics
-Teleportation
-Mental Clouding

The power range sounds really good to me.

After thinking about it for a while, the idea has grown on me. I just wasnā€™t sure how I felt about Brutaka being killed by Umarak.

I would personally like him to have no regrets and merge with Annona upon succeeding in transporting her energies into himself.
It has been done over and over in stories where the heroes stop the over powered villain from escaping their prison just in time and permanently. I would really like to have them stick around longer before the heroes ultimately win; I feel there is some relatively untapped story potential here.
On the other hand, the story could play out so it seems like he changed his mind and gets the Toasā€™ help but in the last moment he reveals he was just using them and merges with Annona.

I was thinking that the fact Mata nui wasnā€™t involved was why she went wrong/evil and would thus be an impure/artificial Nuva of darkness.

1 Like