Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

Man, to think that out of all of the seven, Vezon pretty much got all of Irnakk’s bad qualities, aside from the tactical mind. I wonder if Keetongu would be able to heal his brain?

I think I want a Vezon spin-off now.

1 Like

Keetongu may be able to heal minds but he can’t create a part of mind that isn’t there.

The Vezon Chronicles= Vezonicle?

2 Likes

…That’s perfect :joy:

To keep this thread going, there is a significant G1 figure that has not been brought up, so I will initiate the discussion: Tren Krom. If he was to be included as a Kal, where exactly would he be regarding loyalties and locations?

Due to Tren Krom’s position in G1’s lore, I would hesitate to make him a Kal. While this isn’t directly taking things from G1, I’ve never met anybody who liked it when a movie took stuff from the books and completely changed it. If possible, I think it would be more appropriate to give him a backstory closer to Annona; some greater creation of the three brothers or maybe even Mata Nui himself. Just fits better, IMO.

1 Like

Looking back at G1 lore, Annona existed before Tren Krom (having been defeated by the Great Beings). What if Annona formed Tren Krom as a servant or even offspring (both)?

Honestly, I haven’t kept up with the established lore to judge how well that could work. It’s an interesting idea, and I would even say that it fits from what I remember of their character and powers. But I don’t know enough to comment on the possibility of Annona creating something.

1 Like

Since Annona possesses regenerative abilities in this version, she might just grow Tren Krom from her body.

Also, I’ve made Annona and Tren Krom (yes, he’s added) the Kal predecessors, although I can’t really think of a name for them. Would Precursors work?

2 Likes

I like this. It’s like in dragon Ball z when cell absorbs the Android’s to become perfect cell

1 Like

I already thought about Tren Krom’s position in G3.

At first, I thought he could be a Karzahnian, but him being Annona’s creations is also nice.

1 Like

Honestly I thought Tren Krom should be one of the Lovecraftian-based “greater- great beings”; some cosmic horror above the Three Brothers. It fits better to his G1 lore.

5 Likes

I can understand that, but Annona fits that description better (even though in this pitch, Annona is created by them, but she fits the role, so meh).

Since the Three Brothers have taken the place of the G1 Great Beings, and the G1 Great Beings created Tren Krom, it would only make sense for Tren Krom to be a ‘lower’ being (I put quotes since the Brothers were defeated by ‘lower’ beings).

@IllustriousVar, @Jon: Not sure if you’ve seen or discussed it off-camera, but what do you think of the pitch so far?

So heres a thought. How about somewhat of a timeline. Irnakk splits himself in two with his staff of fission. The result is two halves, Irnakk with the staff, and Vezon with the Mask of fusion. Vezon goes his own way, and Irnakk has an encounter with Karzahni, who drives him mad. In his insanity, he splits himself into six beings. A long time later, Umarak needs to fuse with Annona, so he hunts down and then kills Brutaka for his mask, and then hunts down Vezon for his mask of Fusion. He then combines the power of the masks to forge a fusion-gateway to Annona, allowing for a fusion.

2 Likes

The idea is that Irnakk’s insanity via Karzahni cause the split into seven beings, since Irnakk probably wouldn’t use the Staff on himself. Irnakk goes insane, and six other beings shoot out from him, leaving only Vezon in his place. Vezon is essentially the empty shell of what Irnakk once was.

If one of the other six Piraka had their hands on the staff, they’d probably use it on themselves (like G1’s Vezok and Vezon).

Umarak would probably go after Vezon first, since Vezon has the Mask of Fusion. After acquiring the mask, it makes it much easier to steal any other power Umarak could want.

Continuing with additions and editions (alliteration ftw), I’m going to introduce the Karzahni Plant and the Morbuzakh from G1. While the Karzahni Plant was just a plant (and therefore may very well not be included in this list), the Morbuzakh is described as a sentient, plant-like creature created by Makuta.

The Karzahni Plant possesses advanced regeneration and antivenomous properties. The Morbuzakh has greater regenerative properties (allowing it to create an entire system of younger clones acting as a hive-mind), telepathy, shoot projectile thorns from its body, and fed off of heat to grow (weak to cold). If this concept were to be included, which category should it be put under (including Precursor and Exile categories)?

1 Like

Hmmm… while Makuta created both of them in G1, I think it would be cool if Karzahni created the Karzahni vine (which would need to be renamed), and Makuta created the Morbuzakh as an improved Karzahni vine.

2 Likes

I was thinking that the Karzahni plant could ‘evolve’ into the Morbuzakh through some kind of mutation, or maybe devouring a Rahi/Matoran and integrating the physiology into its own, becoming more. That, or they’re the same being from the very start to prevent confusion.

As to where to put it, I think Karzahni is a better pick (aesthetically) than Makuta, just based on the nature of the plant-things and how thematically similar it is to Karzahni. If we wanted the best of both worlds, the plant-thing could be a Kal Precursor, possibly a sibling or offspring of Tren Krom.

EDIT: I’ll put it under Precursor for now, but this discussion is open to changes.

2 Likes

Regardless of the minor adjustments that could be made to align these elements with the tone that the cast has set, I freaking love these ideas. The vibe that I get is incredibly personable and faux-realistic; folks with “feet of clay” and such. Solid work through this point.

1 Like

Introducing:

##The Makutan Update

Images for Makutans (Irnakk, Kulta, Roodaka, Sidorak, and Umarak) are now available to see. All credit to @RAKRONDEWL for LDD designs!

3 Likes

Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Alright, time to add some new brainstorming/suggestions for the list(s):

Bahrag (Cahdok and Gahdok): Twin Makutan queens of the Bohrok Swarm (although the status of the Bohrok in Brickonicle is currently unknown). Telepathic and able to create illusions, and symbiotic with one another (proximity determines strength of abilities). Can absorb elemental energy for sustenance.

Kardas: draconic Makutan. Able to absorb kinetic energy and unleash it as a concussive force. Possesses wings for flight.

Zivon: gargantuan Karzahnian scorpion. Amphibious. Able to strip individuals of their five senses and silence their voices.

5 Likes