Kal (Giants) in Brickonicle [Characters][Worldbuilding][Pitch][Non-Canon]

Wouldn’t these work better as Rahi? They could be a higher tier of Rahi that has been influenced by Makuta, Karzahni, or another powerful being.
Another idea is, we could create a new classification to Kal. This new classification could be for Kal that were made into Kal by enhancing/transforming Rahi.

Kal Precursors: Powerful creatures created by the brothers before the formation of the Matoran world.
Kal: Humanoid (Matoranoid?) giants created to be guardians and emissaries to Matoran.
Kal Emanates: Kal created by transforming a Rahi into an intelligent and/or powerful being.

4 Likes

I have them as Kal for now since they don’t properly count as Rahi (simply because they are unique beings). I’ll go with Emanates since having entire Rahi species for these beings would be too OP. They’d have to all be servants of Roodaka, since she has mutation powers.

2 Likes

So are all Karzahnians Kal Emanates? This would make sense if Karzahni was imprisoned at the time the other two brothers came up with the idea for Kal.

2 Likes

That actually makes a lot more sense than what I currently have. I’ll get to editing.

3 Likes

Do you think any others besides the Great Beings should be able to create Kal Emanates? I could see the Kal Precursors having the ability but I’m sure about Roodaka being able to. Roodaka has the mask of mutation which allows her to manipulate beings physiology but this doesn’t mean she can add to the what’s there but rather how it is formed, right? To create a Kal Emanate wouldn’t we need to add to the biology to increase its size, intelligence, and powers?

2 Likes

I have Roodaka being able to mutate beings, so it makes sense for her to be able to do it. Since Roodaka is the only one able to mutate pre-existing living beings, she’s the only possible candidate for developing the Emanates. In addition, it’s possible she could be introducing outside materials to aid in mutations. And if she has a clear understanding of biology, it should be very easy for her to accomplish advanced mutations.

All the Precursors do is reproduce asexually (via seed pods and whatnot) and have those offspring develop independent personalities. Technically speaking, all Precursors are fragments of Annona that have become independent.

The Brothers are responsible for creating entirely new Kal, not specifically Emanates. I don’t want to give all the credit for new beings to the Brothers, since it limits the number of explanations for origins to 1. Plus, it helps the “Family Tree” grow taller instead of wider.

1 Like

Very good points, I am just worried we might be making Roodaka a little to OP.

I also believe mutation was a big part of Karzahni’s power set.

1 Like

A very reasonable concern to have. It could be balanced by requiring her to understand the intricacies of biology, and being in direct contact with her subjects to mutate (think alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist)

On Karzahni: That could explain how various Emanates might be enhanced even more, resulting in the massive Karzahnians.

1 Like

It still seems a little too powerful. Maybe she can only mutate beings in respect to their intelligence? The less the intelligence, the greater she can mutate it and the greater the intelligence, the less she can mutate it?
If it worked like that, she could make really big but stupid Rahi that Karzahni could give intelligence to.

3 Likes

That could work, although then we’d have to determine how intelligent each Rahi species is.

Ex: The Bahrag are supposed to be somewhat intelligent, enough so to hide their nest and communicate to an entire swarm. I don’t know how well Roodaka would be able to mutate them if they’re smart enough to use their powers properly and sophisticatedly.

1 Like

Do we have another Kal who could give them intelligence?

(Brainstorming)
Insects can be somewhat intelligent but not like humans. I think we could say the same about Rahi to Matoran. So while the Bahrag are intelligent, they could be only as in how an insect swarm queens are.

1 Like

Sidorak could possibly control some Rahi and force them to learn at a faster rate than normal training.

Something I just thought of: Roodaka mutates a dumb Rahi into a powerful beast. Then Irnakk fuses the dumb Rahi with one with heightened intelligence (or a Matoran).

2 Likes

(Mind blown) Did you just create Bohrok?! Mutated Rahi body+ Matoran intelligence/processor = Bohrok

Yeah, I think Sidorak training them works pretty well.

3 Likes

I… I think I just did!? I didn’t even catch that until now :laughing:

You know what? I’m adding Bohrok to the list, now!

2 Likes

Bohrok Kal?:laughing:

If the Bahrag are Makutan, Makuta would probably be the bestower of intelligence/powers otherwise there is no point in them being Makutan, likewise for the others. Just a thought.

2 Likes

What determines the type of Kal is mainly allegiance. All the Kal were made by Ekimu, but the Kal (having free will) decided for themselves who to serve during the War of the Brothers. After that point, the Makutans could be gifted masks from Makuta (in the case of Sidorak for his skill with Rahi).

2 Likes

It says that all three brothers created the Kal in the description in your pitch. I know we ruled out Karzahni but I think Makuta should still be involved. If the Kal were all made by Ekimu and some decided to join Makuta, Makuta may outright kill them because they show sentience. If Makuta is involved, he could believe they side with him out of duty.

1 Like

Fair point. Makuta should have some part in creation, although maybe as a supervisor due to the nature of his and Ekimu’s powers (Control vs. Creation). He’d still be unaware of the immunity to mind control and the free will the Kal possess.

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

Adding three new beings to the Emanates category (susceptible to change):

Krahka (The Beast of the Archives) (Ekimite?): shapeshifting physiology.

The Ancient Sea Behemoth: aquatic. Colossal size (60 m).

The Red Crystal Serpent (red serpent+crystal serpent=convenience): amphibious. Gargantuan in size. Has camouflage. Absorbs light and energy to produce heat rays.

EDIT: also added an Anti-Kal Tech section.

1 Like