Kaladesh discussion

Hey to all you MTG players, Kaladesh is here, what do you think of it?

To all you non-magic players, go educate yourselves, and then come back.

Personally, I went to the prerelease on Saturday, and has a great time (I tied for second place). I wasn’t sure about energy, but pretty much all of my pool was energy stuff, so I went with it and let me just say wow. It is stupid versatile, offering a crazy number of options depending on the situation. As for vehicles, they look good to me, but I didn’t get to play much with them.

1 Like

The art is sick, and the mechanics are sweet.
Granted I missed the prerelease.

My first thought when I read through the story (which is one of the main things I care about): "Hm, a world where technology is an intergral part of the ecosystem? When did this happen last and how well did it work for them? coughcoughmirrodincoughnewpyrexiacough

1 Like

See, Mirrodin was created by Karn and technology was a part of its being, it had no choice.
In the case of Kaladesh, it controls its machinery, and went down that path by choice.

But also remember that the head judge was Nicol Bolas’s agent on NP and could quite easily be carrying some oil. Of course, WotC probably has something more original in mind for the story, and this theory is most likely wrong.

Yeah, more likely Rashmi’s gonna bring them there by opening portals to other worlds…
Either that or attract the eldrazi…

You do realize there are no more Eldrazi to attract…
(Also I totally agree that the portals are gonna cause major Æther related issues, considering the second set in the block is called Æther Revolt.
I get a bad feeling there are more than just Eldrazi and Planeswalkers in the Blind Eternities…

Emrukul ain’t dead. If I recall, she literally something along the lines of “it’s not time yet” and kinda just let herself get stuck in the moon.

Exactly, but it’d kinda be stupid if they brought her back immediately.

Oh yeah, it’d be much better to have new phyrexia show up, because we totally don’t need three eldrazi blocks in a row.

1 Like

And I hate New Phyrexia way more than the Eldrazi.

What’s your problem with New Phyrexia?

They wrecked Mirrodin. I like Mirrodin. I love to hate them.

1 Like

I like mirrodin too. It’s one of my favorite planes (along with kamigawa) but I think wrecked is a bit harsh, they more of redecorated.

Imagine some edgy punk drug addict came into your room, started taking over, and then killed you.
That’s kinda what happened.

FTFY :wink:

MTG?

Magic: The Gathering

It’s a card game.

1 Like

Well, I’d say considering that they banned three cards from the block in Standard, that it’s just your typical artifact block, lol.

I keep getting killed by that @#$# lifelaser in EDH though.

On the other hand, my favourite card is in that set.

On another note…

Give in to perfection @Hutere, so that you may finally be compleat. We have chainsaws and marshmallows! :+1: