Kanohi, City of Masks [Worldbuilding][Pitch]

I can’t take credit for that. @RAKRONDEWL was the first to use that term ‘Nuva’ in his Elemental Gods and the First Toa topic.

Thanks for the feedback, though! I’ve actually created an entire hub topic for various topics I’ve come across. Not sure how much of it you’ll like or use, but it’s there for the sake of brainstorming.

2 Likes

Maybe a “Toa Nuva” is a Toa completely in tune or maybe hosting the spirit of an elemental lord. I’m picturing it looking like Aang going full-on Avatar.

1 Like

So, this? I know you’ve seen it before, but it’s relevant to your comment.

@Bokarda,
A strong pitch, and I would not be disappointed if this pitch was adopted. :thumbsup:
But, it strikes me that this mask making system is a little too close to the one in G2. :thinking:

1 Like

…G2 did this? I thought their masks were only related to one element?

For Ekimu’s masks, yes. But, Makuta achieved a more varied power-set by mixing elements.
(I think that he makes a mask of plant-growth in the second graphic novel, but I could be mistaken)

2 Likes

Ah. I didn’t realize it had already been done. I seem to be having quite a few instances like this, lately.

I still think the mask-making system could work (I highly doubt it was related to G2’s cancellation. I hope I’m right when I say that).

Also, I feel very unclean now. Not because my idea is similar to G2’s, but because G2 had that idea.

1 Like

No need to worry. If anything, G2 failed because aspects of the story like this were woefully underemphasized.

3 Likes