Karhapa Teo, the Frozen Demon

Hey guys, Peppy here, and here’s a moc I’ve been working in for a little while. I call him the Karhapa Teo, who is a biomechanical monster who wonders the frozen plains. My idea for this fellow is that he spent so much time out in the cold, that it corrupted his brain, and left his body covered in ice and snow. He was a fun little project, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I changed several things on the dude in the future. But enough chatter, because it’s time for the pictures.

Hope you all enjoyed!

46 Likes

Ooh this is neat. I really like all the detailing on this MOC, but compared to some of the more detailed parts, the lower legs look a little simple. Still, this is really cool and I especially like the sparse use of the trans blue colors to accent the white.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, the lower legs are a little boring, but when I was building this guy I thought it looked cool. Kinda like a Saytr from Greek mythology.

I think the legs look cool (and I can see the Saytr inspiration), I just think they could maybe use a bit more white and trans blue.

1 Like

The lower legs do feel a little out of place with the rest of the MOC, but on the whole it still looks awesome.

1 Like

Magnifique, M. @Stuubh! You have won MOC of the day for me!

1 Like

that’s pretty cool

You’re too kind.

Wow. Really? :joy: thanks. That’s very ice of you.

1 Like

I feel like there’s a bit too much going on here. The white and blue with spikes are fine, but then you add in silver pipes and grey details and it starts to look cluttered. I think if you replaced the grey with black and got rid of the pipes it would look much better.

Gags obvious /s is obvious

5 Likes

I have a bad habit of putting pipes on my Mocs. The reason I kept it was to make him look a little more mechanical, which would compliment some of his more technic parts. shrug But I can see why you don’t like it. I tried to limit myself on the black, as I thought it would look odd compared to the prominent white. Thank you for this critique, however, as I do see how it looks somewhat cluttered.

Looks amazing. However, I would try replacing the tr. light blue on the lower arms with the tr. blue used in the torso for better color consistency. I would also remove the tubes because they stick out, and are rather redundant.

1 Like

Aswesome! I don’t think I would have put the hoses around the arms like that though, because they’re clearly limiting the range of motion. But other than that, this guy is very cool.

1 Like

Update: due to several critiques, I have decided to remove the tubes, as they are kind of pointless. Also, I added a little trans blue to the legs. Thank you guys for all your criticisms, as they have been helpful.

9 Likes

Amazing shaping dome here. Really brings out the beastile aesthetic

1 Like

Very nice, I like these legs much better.

1 Like

Really cool good looking, especially like the use of the Vahki head.

1 Like

This whole moc started by me seeing a vahki head and saying, “hey, I wonder what I could do with that”. It sort of evolved from there. But thank you.

1 Like

I think the M.O.C. looked better before the update, but maybe that’s just me.
And the ice spike at the tip of the tail seems a bit-off, The tail gradually gets thinner and then it poofs back up on the ice spike but aside from that their are no really serious problems. The pipes and grey details were fine.

1 Like

I didn’t remove any grey, just the tubes. But thank you. I think part of the reason why the second version looks a little worse may be the posing, as it makes the poor ice monster look a little odd.

Yeah, in some poses it makes the head look large. However it looks tons better now. Godd job.

1 Like