Keepahrak, the Eternal Wanderer

the legs and arms are still kinda bootleg.

So the torso’s ok now?

Weird, but I like it anyway. However, I feel like this MOC should have some more armor and should be shorter. Besides that, this is alright. 5/10

EDIT: Looked at the updated pictures. I still think it could be a bit shorter.

Thanks. I agree, it could definately use some covering up although I do like how it absolutely hulks over all the other bionicles on display next to it.

Also in an unrelated note, wouldn’t 5 be average? Because 7.5 is like the middle ground between average and amazing.

I honestly don’t really like this. It seems so cobbled together and lanky.

My personal recommendation is to not use preset limbs.

1 Like

The Vahki are robots created by Nuparu. She does look a lot like a Vortixx though. I like her, though she could use some filling out where there’s bare, gappy technic, such as the lower chest area. I like the lanky look and the bohrok hat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh awesome, this was quite heavily inspired by Roodaka so Vortixx it is. And yeah I’m working on that atm, also thanks! One of the main reasons I started making this was I thought a bohrok shell and vahki head would be a cool combination.

@SwagMeister Might do something about that, although the lankiness is intentional but maybe it is in excess in some areas. However they greatly aid the articulation so not sure I want to remove them.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Alright, here’s some improvements I’ve made:

-Added a Rahkshi back to the butt area so the body has more form.

-Added Bohrok eyes to the Bohrok leg bits in the knee area.

-Attached Bohrok feet (with Hordika necks to fill in the open sockets) to the existing feet for improved stability

-Replaced the existing front shoulder pieces with Hordika feet for extra bulk.

-Added some plates behind the Vahki-leg-piece thighs. Initially it was the grey ones but I preffered the Ice Bohrok shields. However I could only find one so for now there’s some assymetry.

-Filled in the empty axel space behind the head with a ‘V’-like piece and added some Bohrok fangs at the end of the ‘braids’.

-Messed with the middle torso a little.

Hmm. Can I see what it looks like without the top joint thing on the hips? It seems a tad redundant. If you don’t have enough space, try just double stacking the friction extenders, it should give you clearance.

The rest, while far from perfect, is a TON better than where it started.

1 Like

Alright, there:

There’s a pretty big problem with this, though: because of the white piston armour pieces on the thighs it siginficantly restricts the height that the thighs can reach.

There’s a point when you have to choose between aesthetic or articulation, as they usually contradict each other. There are ways around it but they tend to be highly advanced techniques

I do prefer the legs like that, however. They appear more natural.

2 Likes

I agree, I said goodbye to a little articulation with the new middle torso (although that ultimately made its range of movement more realistic) but without that small extra piece at the top the legs go up about 45 degrees, which crosses the line for me.

But thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

Actually, real quick, did you try double-stacking the extenders? It’s not a perfect fix but it could find a middle ground.

that really doesn’t work, and it just looks like kibble,

that honestly didn’t help. Ike stated before, ya need to get rid of those bohrok limbs.

ok, fine. no objections

the idea is fine, the execution lust looks tacked on

same comments as above

the only really good change, was to the middle torso.

1 Like

I personally like all the changes, especially the Rahkshi back. And the plates were to make the thighs less spindley.

Also for the legs I was going for some intentional curviture, like a rabbit foot and the Bohrok legs help capture that aesthetic: Screenshot - 0a7aa35772875fe95a2808c47f3b721f - Gyazo

Although I will remain very much open to changing all the before mentioned pieces should I find something that would be more suitable.

@Ekorak I certainly did, it helped a little but didn’t cut it. In fact in the pictures above the double friction joints have been used.

Ah. A bit hard to tell.

Yeah, I didn’t use the best camera.

Transmutate? Is that you?
(If you get that reference, you are amazing.)

1 Like

After a brief google I have concluded that this Transmutate is indeed a Transformer.

1 Like

So I was looking at it again, and it looks like it has thrusters on the shoulders. Can this thing fly?

“Flyyyyyyyyyy!”

1 Like