Ketrass "Stone Slicer", Creature of Stone

@Zero I would say that you should first revamp Pohatu to look similar to the silhouette in the art book, so that united with the creature he does not look awkward. Second, I think that because these concepts were meant to be possible sets, that an actual gear piece should be placed on the tail to make the function easier to use.

But hey, these are just suggestions ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

@Alex_Twenty_Two. That’s a good idea. A revamp of pohatu will probably be my next project. Im not really sure how I would integrate a gears into the tail without making it seem misshapen.

Wonderful adaptation! This is easily my favorite concept for the creatures in that art book. My only personal nit pick is how bulky the end of the tail is. Notice how in the artwork there is a gear visible on top the saw blade, possibly for a spinning - type function? Tinker with that idea!

1 Like

@gen.make thank you. As a previously stated. I will do much tinkering with this concept. The bulky tail is due to covering technic pieces but I may slim it down.

Much better creature than the one that came out. Nice work!

1 Like

@Efri10dd. Thank you.

I cant beleive we could have had this instead of ketar. Would have been so much better

1 Like

@DigitalDeath3321 I can’t help but agree.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but this isn’t good. If this wasn’t in the artbook it would have gotten at most 20 likes. There are parts plainly visible in the concept art (The brown and silver shells on top, the yellow spikes, the gear on the tail, etc.) that don’t appear on this MOC. All you did was capture the shape of Stone Slicer.

3 Likes

I completely agree. This MOC doesn’t really capture the concept very well.

1 Like

@PekekoaOfJungle @Chilly. I did take a few creative liberties.

The tail seems a bit disproportionate.

2 Likes

@Leoxandar. I plan on fixing that actually. I’m not quite sure how but I’ll make a thinner tail in V2.

1 Like

Yes, but if you’re gonna take creative liberties at least make it look better than it would have without them.

Looks pretty cool! Some portions (especially the end of the tail) seem unnecessary bulky, which makes the unity feature look a bit silly, but overall I quite like it. I might attempt to do my own version of this just for fun.

1 Like

It looks pretty close, although I do feel he could have been even closer.

The concept art has alternating burnt orange shells and silver shells with spikes on them, although yellow-green spikes don’t exist and I’m just going to assume you don’t have enough shells to do the armoring. :smile:

As far as the unity mode goes, you did that as well as it can be with the basic Pohatu set, but I don’t think it looks as good as the art only because the actual set is way too thin.

1 Like

@Altair @PakariNation99. Thank you. Part of the problem with building something so thin like that is: a.) as you said, not enough shells. b.) not enough ball joints. c.) not sure how I would have added armor to said shells and spikes as well. That’s why it’s kinda bulky. I did the best with what I had. An improvements V2 may come out some time in the future, but probably after I build and upload my adaptations of other creatures in the art book.

2 Likes

I like it, but the shells are too armored in my opinion. As far as I can tell, the shells are supposed to have spikes on them. Also, the end near the saw is supposed to just be turaga limbs without the loss legs. Nice rendition though. I think I’ll try to make one myself.

3 Likes

Its nice by itself, but as a combiner feature it looks weird. The way the arm is super long compared to the rest just stands out in a negative way.

1 Like

Theres a bit too much silver for my liking, and I think you should have given him arms but not hind legs, its still a snake it doesn’t need four legs, and it kinda makes the tail really really large.
And the way the head attaches is really awkward, and are the spikes there supposed to make it look more like the prototype creature heads?

1 Like