Knockoffs Discussion

The red pins on my Gresh have the “cuts” and they work ok.
The articulation is pretty good as well.

Sorry for double post, but i gotta post this right away.
Seems like our Chinese friends are a bit ahead of Lego:

If the original Lego figures that will be released this summer that are 25-30$ are a bit too expensive for you, then you can get one of these XSZ Star Wars figs for just 6$!!!

Edited for Double Post - By Scarilian

4 Likes

“Includes cards”? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

apparently :smile:

1 Like

Vader looks like he’s seen some things.

13 Likes

C-3PO’s arms aren’t that bulky :laughing: I guess he has been working out in China, too bad he’s going to be way more brittle than normal lego

7 Likes

"you don’t know me man, I’ve seen some sh*t!"

6 Likes

Yeah, Vader really does look like he has PTSD.

4 Likes

Welp. 2015 Knockoffs have arrived.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-Box-65pcs-2015-The-New-BIONICLE-series-706-3-Water-protector-action-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/1052708_32338591278.html

6 Likes

Kudos to you for finding 2015 Bionicle knockoffs! :smile:

It’s a shame they didn’t change change the name, y’know, for extra amusement.

Have they made the Toa yet?

2 Likes

Here in Romania the small kids toy shops are filled with those guys.

1 Like

So recently my bro’s relative bought him a made in China version of HERO FACTORY Furno:

It reminded me about my first BIONICLE sets which were also fake, made in China versions of visorak: Suukorak and Boggarak. Those sets actually introduced me to BIONICLE. On the fake visorak package I found a logo reminiscent of LEGO logo, so I googled it and found my currently favorite toy theme <3 (I was about 8 years old at the time).
I actually don’t mind such versions of the toys as long as they are compatible with the toys they are based on. If you are copying someone else’s work do it well :> (Droplet - a person who encourages to steal other peoples’ ideas lol).
So what are your opinions ?

4 Likes

hm… Should this be renamed the knock off topic? Actually, do we have a knockoff topic?

2 Likes

I didn’t even know how to call it, actually lol :smiley:
EDIT: I found BIONICLE knock off topic, but not general knock off topic.

1 Like

What would you rate the quality of this plastic?

1 Like

Feels thinner than LEGO plastic, doesn’t look as polished, can break if used too much (like 2006, 2007 BIONICLE set plastic :P).
Overall 6/10 I guess. It isn’t THAT bad. It also is very compatible with LEGO pieces.

2 Likes

While we do have a BIONICLE-centric knockoff topic, I think it would be best to just consolidate the two into one general Knockoff topic.

So, I’m just going to move these posts into that topic and the discussion can be continued there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“WAR FOR THE INVRDER FORM SPACE”

Do you have a clearer image by any chance so we can make fun of the smaller text? :stuck_out_tongue:

Some knockoffs are actually cool if they sport new recolours.

5 Likes

Nope, but I can write it down here:
POLICE LEGEND WAR FOR THE INVRDER FORM (actually what’s written there) SPACE.
FLAMES
HEAVY EQUIPMENT ENTHUSIASM GAME
Below under a set reminiscent of Evo: HUNTER.
On the “stats card”: VALUE OF LIFE (how “Furno” values his life I guess); ATTACK POWER; DEFENSE; ABILITY TO EXECUTE (because they needed more stats); ACCURACY.

9 Likes

I don’t even

Hero Factory just got a whole lot darker

10 Likes

These are hilarious

1 Like