Knockoffs Discussion

Hah. I buy my own sets with my own cash. Always have.

1 Like

Im not directly talking about you, but the general image of a kid that has no money for its own.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5c3605a5e80051d5b800bfccd1daa898/tumblr_nlfh5dWA7w1tsesg2o1_1280.jpg

They are at least unique molds, all be it inspired by 2003 and 2004 Bionicle sets.

11 Likes

At least this company is attempting to be somewhat original, being “inspired by the real sets” instead of being simply plastered copies. That actually turns their sets into something unique :stuck_out_tongue:

I also see that they tried making the blue one look feminine, with the thigh armor

2 Likes

I would love to have these so much :grinning:

1 Like

I saw someone make a Bionicle female moc with pieces of that blue one, aint all that bad.

1 Like

Looks like Tom’s trying to be hip with the kids.

I saw these hero factory knock offs at Five Below called “Bot Factory” I don’t know if they’re good quality knock offs I can use for mocs or not because I didn’t buy any of them. But here’s a picture of one:

I kind of want to buy one to see how bad it is.

5 Likes

Lol. It’s lacking a Hero Core.

6 Likes

I think I saw a MOC where someone used the blue one’s mask for Gaaki Hagah’s mask

Here it is. Its so awesome.
http://tamaniscookies.deviantart.com/art/Bionicle-MOC-Giza-577753368

6 Likes

Hmm… I have to say. The effects and cgi on the knockoffs from “DECOOL” (Knock-off company) are better than lego in some ways. Also, I found this image

. it seems to also be made by DECOOL.

1 Like

“Look! It’s Keetongu!! NOT!!!

-Matau, Bionicle III

2 Likes

A buncha knockoffs found on VK Bionicle

Phantoka Metus?

Limited edition green gold good guy

10 Likes

Oh god, that store is packed with almost-identical-knockoff sets! That’s scary.

3 Likes

What’s interesting is that Turaga Iruini set…
This particular brand of knockoffs seem to copy the sets 100% except for the logo. It’s strange that they seemingly managed some form of originality with that set. Hell, they pretty much nailed it with the mask, staff, and spinner, so it is clearly meant to be a mini Iruini character and not some scrubby MOC-up. Knowing that knockoff brands often get their sets designed by seeing leaks, I wonder if that Turaga Iruini was meant to be a set from Lego but got cut off at the last minute…it’s got some legit design choices that Lego could’ve made themselves like a modified Balta torso, like it was meant to be released alongside the original Gold Good Guy

1 Like

Found this st my local Walmart lol

5 Likes