Knockoffs Discussion

better watch out, gold good guy

there’s a new sheriff in town

1 Like

Almost bought a Decool Toa Mata Nui because it was a lot cheaper than the real thing. I ended up getting the Lego version for $130 on eBay though.

4 Likes

So last year I went to chinatown in LA and found some cheap LEGO Minecraft minifigure bootlegs with chima bikes.

They weren’t half bad. Didn’t take pictures, though, I was playing mobile agar.io.

1 Like

Found these fellas when I searched “Bionicle Knockoffs”

Vader actually looks decent, while 3PO is way to bulky and Boba’s head scuplt needs a bit of work, as well as more detail. But if these pieces are good quality, imagine the MOCs one could make! :smile:

4 Likes

In the late 90s, Megabloks released “Blokbots” to compete with LEGO’s “Throwbots”.

http://admin.itxpacks.com/creampuffbabiesnursery/WebSite/MyImages/blok%20bots%20torch0001_4130.JPG

I got the blue one for my birthday and it was utter garbage. So these things had tiny yellow disks you’d put in a balljoint to give it friction. I had about a dozen spares left over so I put them in my lego brick collection. A few months later I realized that these disks had some nasty acid in them and they warped and discolored some of my parts. Yeah I hate Megabloks to this day and refuse to buy any of them.

11 Likes

Acid…good thing nobody ate some of those pieces.

4 Likes

I’m lucky to have survived this long :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain modern Mega Bloks won’t do that.
But I’m guess I won’t change you mind…

90s MegaBlocks. I heard that only recently the whole toyline started to be good, in terms of quality, safety and set design choice.

How were they allowed to leave the factory like that?

If you touched the acid, your skin must’ve absorbed some of the substance through your pores and probably docked off a few years from your life, but other than that, there’s nothing you should really worry about :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not like he needs those few years of his life or anything :T

Ah, so they were called Blok Bots.
I’m actually slightly familiar with this line. A five-year-old me received the Spy robot for his birthday from a well-meaning friend.

I thought it was cool enough, but a set like that was rocket science to my little brain.

I recently picked up a Brick Lock [platinum edition] police mech that loosely reminds me of it. Like, it doesn’t have the same click joints or flextubing, but the color scheme is similar enough, and the head is Soldier Rahaga levels of funny bad. I’ll have to post pictures sometime.

2 Likes

okay so
Those were cusoo/ideas submitted designs years ago

A friend of mine recently spotted these on the shelf
they ripped off
A non existent product.

2 Likes

For the record, he doesn’t look bad, although I hate Mega Bloks.

The plastic they use feels weak. I once bought a Neo Shifter because it looked cool and it was a massive pain to build. I ended up not even building the entire thing. I’d rather play with their toddler blocks.

These ones did, honest. Megabloks are EVILLLL!

1 Like

I guess I can’t change your mind…

No, Megabloks took two years off of my life!

2 Likes

Well then.
I guess your experience was much worse than I thought…

You have no idea how much horror I have experienced.

2 Likes