Least favourite movies

Guess you haven’t seen Marvel’s “All hail the King” one-shot

2 Likes

I know about it. I just think the film mis-represented the character of The Mandarin.

Captain America…the 1990 one also its sequel was even worse.

wait, what?

there was a captain america movie back in 1990. It was really bad. Also I made a mistake there was no sequel instead there was another version back in 1979.

Birdemic

I’d like to come back to this after deciding to watch Frozen, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy watching it. I thought like every moment of the movie was gonna end up being a musical or something and it wasn’t, and it was actually pretty hilarious, so, it’s pretty good if you don’t think of how overrated the movie or the songs are. :smiley:

3 Likes

Controversial opinion: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I liked the opening sequence, but after that it got progressively more disturbing and unpleasant to watch.

3 Likes

That’s not as controversial as you might think.
To add to that, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Even though it brought us the Jungle Cutter, the coolest Russian vehicle ever).

3 Likes

It was made into an awesome LEGO set and yet it only appeared in a brief scene. Oh wait, that happened with LEGO Star Wars too :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes

I actually thought Crystal Skull was ok. It wasn’t that memorable, it was convoluted, and there were some questionable elements, but it entertained me while I was watching it. Though, admittedly, I don’t have a strong attachment to the series, so a “just ok” entry isn’t as disappointing to me as it would be to some.

Edit: For the sake of discussion, here are a few more:

The Desolation of Smaug: This movie had almost nothing to do with its source material. The new additions to the story were so poorly written that I found them to be an insult to Tolkien’s legacy. I think the root problem is that they tried to make the stakes bigger, to make it feel as epic as the LotR movies. The problem with that is, The Hobbit has much lower stakes than LotR, and trying to raise them dilutes the story, turning the focus away from Bilbo. I also thought the CGI wasn’t very good, the score has no memorable moments, and the fight scenes were stupidly over-the-top. I could go on, but I’ll leave it there. I hated this movie.

Man of Steel: It was a fight scene. The first half of the movie seemed promising, but then any character and plot developments were aborted so there could be an hour long fight scene. I have zero problem with fight scenes in and of themselves, in fact, I don’t know what I’d do without them, but when they end up being the only real substance a movie has, there’s a problem. I also didn’t like that they didn’t show Superman trying to save anyone directly, or even trying to lead the bad guys away from populated areas, as he did in Superman II.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008): The original is great. The remake has wooden acting and tries to forcibly stuff its message down your throat, not to mention a nonsensical plot.

Penny Serenade: I normally love Cary Grant movies, but I found this to be maudlin. It also treats its heavy subject matter too lightly–spoilers!–the adopted daughter of the main characters dies, and they almost divorce out of grief, but then the adoption agency tells them that now there’s a little boy just like the characters had originally wanted, and that makes everything better. Yup.

2 Likes

My least favourite movie was The Room. : p

2 Likes

Whaaa–? The Room is the greatest achievement of cinema man has yet created. Nothing shall ever surpass it. XD

7 Likes

Godzilla 1998-Dear Mata Nui, that film was awful.
The Hunger Games-I didn’t dislike this film, it’s just that it was rather a confusing wreck, you waited 3/4 of the movie to get to the actual games, and they just…they completely wasted the Mutt’s potential.
AvP: Requiem-No, just…no.
Every Asylum Film Productions movie ever made. Seriously, Atlantic Rim? Snakes on a Train? Android Cop? Transmorphers?! Ahem, getting ahead of myself. But still, don’t watch any movies made by them, let alone any mockbuster film.

2 Likes

oh boy where to begin, hm… Bridge to Terribithia (don’t even know if I spelled that right), The last airbender, batman and Robin, Dragonball evolution, and spiderman 3

1 Like

In all seriousness, if you’re looking for a good laugh, this movie is fantastic. Just saying.

But anyway, while i dislike accentuating the negative, I think I’d have to be generic and say that as a film, Batman and Robin is my least favorite. Just on its own.

However, in terms of like…“worst effect of society” I’d have to say Avatar. If only because it showed to me that if the effects are good enough, the people will watch anything.

You heard it here first folks, story, acting, and characters don’t mean jack.

It’s a similar thing I see in Video Games, what with the big emphasis on Graphics. But I digress.

7 Likes

This is the same reason why I enjoy the Transformers movies. I came for the action scenes, and I was not disappointed.

4 Likes

I thought Requiem was a bit off because the Alien-Chestburster cycle was off the charts. (Five second aliens. Just add Predalien)

My least favorite is the typical Batman and robin.

Iron Man 3 is my contender for least favourite movie (not
only in terms of Marvel movies, but movies in general) for several reasons:

1) Unnecessary Plot Twists and Dumb Moves:

I thought the Mandarin in this movie had so much potential,
but instead they pull of an unnecessary and stupid plot-twist by having this
Mandarin be merely an actor; considering that the Mandarin was initially very
intimidating throughout the movie before the plot-twist reared its ugly head. Also, Tony Stark giving his enemies his house
address seems like a very dumb move. If you want to get revenge against someone
who injures your friend, you do not give enemies your home address so they
could destroy your house. Tony did that and we all know how that turned out.

2) Mark 42:

When I first saw this Iron Man suit, I was really not a fan its
design; I felt that having more gold than red in the color scheme made it an
ugly suit. Not to mention the fact that it didn’t do as much as some of the other
main suits did in the other movies (ex. the Mark VII suit used during the
Battle of New York in The Avengers). I get that it was a prototype, but it
still did not live up to its full potential; regardless of the fact that Tony
Stark was able to call the separate armor pieces to his body at will.

3) Forced Comedy:

Some of the comedy in the movie was very redundant. The
example that really gets me the most is the numerous times the Mark 42 gets hit
by stuff. First when Tony was testing the suit for the first time when he got
hit from behind by something causing the suit to break; then when the Mark 42
got hit by the truck, after that heroic (epic IMO) Air Force One rescue scene;
and finally during the final battle with Killian, Tony calls for the Mark 42 as
it makes its epic entrance only to get hit by a pole. I think that this force
humor ruined the tone that the movie tried to go for, just for the sake of
getting a laugh.

To be fair though, the movie did have some good moments,
like the aforementioned Air Force One rescue scene, the movie’s soundtrack and the Iron Legion with
some of its cool designs (like the Silver Centurion suit/Mark 33). In spite of
these few good things, this is still my least favourite movie, with the
cons outweighing the pros.

1 Like