Legend of Chima strategy game

something i am imagining working for the Ravens would be a passive ability for their tribe that gives them a small amount of aditional resources for every enemy buildings and units they take down.

2 Likes

That could work. But I was thinking something on the lines of the GLA from C&C: Generals. Any vehicle they destroy drops a pile of scrap. If infantry or certain vehicles grab it, they get resources, if an up-gradable vehicle grabs it it gets upgraded.

The Maurader tank is a good example. the one on the left is the standard, and continuing to the right, is 1 pile of scrap, and 2 piles of scrap.

Or simply healing. That could work too.

1 Like

Alright, continuing this topic.

Crocodiles: Most of their units are amphibious. The heaviest vehicles and infantry aren’t, requiring transports (for balance reasons), Many of the lower, more general purpose units, such as their basic tank, anti-infantry vehicle, transport, are amphibious.

Wolves: Swarming. They can set up quick, and their units are fairly beefy, but unless thy pull of a quick victory, their units are quickly outclassed by equivalent units. (Think the Zerg from starcaft)

Bears: Superior infantry. In a one to one fight, their infantry are better in a fight. While they would have some basic vehicles almost all factions have, (basic tank, anti-infantry vehicle, transport, etc.) they would have less high-grade vehicles, being replaced by superior infantry. in addition, what heavier vehicles they do have, are focused around clearing the way and transporting infantry.

Lions: General all around. The most vanilla faction, but is capable of holding it’s own against the other factions. They don’t have any advantages, but they don’t have any weaknesses either. They can adapt to hit the weaknesses of any faction, assuming they don’t overwhelm you with their advantage first.

Gorillas: I honestly have no idea.

3 Likes

I think those would be unique because they are the only tribe that has mechs. Also those mechs could have the ability to climb trees.

1 Like

Trees probably wouldn’t be that much of an issue (they usually aren’t in an RTS, with the exception of Age of Empires), but that’s an interesting line of thought.

So, how about this, similar to how the Crocodiles can put their land units, (Which, as a whole are usually more powerful than their naval or aerial counterparts) into the water, the gorilla’s mechs can climb mountains, cliffs, and other such terrain features. They probably would have slightly weaker aircraft as a result, to keep things balanced. They can travers terrain the other’s can’t.

2 Likes

Here is my ideas on the tribes from season two.

Scorpions: The aim is to outlast everyone else. Their units all have high HP and armour and they also have plentiful options for both venom and healing, meaning they can stay in the fight for a long time. Good value for chi to.

Spiders: The premier stealth assassins. Nearly all their units (except some vehicles) have the ability to hide themselves. They can also lay traps.

Bats: Cheapest units in the game. As fast as Eagles, but no other notable stats. Excellent value for money. Their land vehicles are all sh*t though.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m gonna see if I can flesh these out a bit for game-making purposes:

Very turtlely, designed hole up in a base, amass an army, and steamroll the rest of the board. The don’t have near as many types units as the others, but they’re beefier, and will generally win a one-on-one fight, excluding things like the Bears’ infantry. More oomph for the same price. What shines are their base defenses, the most powerful of which is the Scorpion’s Tail, a large curved obelisk like structure, the tip of which is a powerful laser. This laser is capable of obliterating all but the beefiest of vehicles in a single shot, and is nearly impossible to destroy from the surface. It would look something akin to the Obelisk of Light from the Command and Conquer Games.

Not much to say about this other than perhaps in addition to stealth, more subterranean abilities? So while some units can cloak, other’s can hide underground, such as a subterranean APC, or something similar. Maybe prevent the baseline units (Basic grunt, Basic tank, etc) from having these until a late-game upgrade? Having these abilities on basic units seems a bit OP for early game.

Dirt cheap, air-based swarmers? Very good idea. Maybe make their units generally weaker, since having an aerial swarmer seems a bit op, especially in the early stages. At least with ground based you can funnel the swarm based on terrain, flying units wouldn’t have that issue. Good idea though.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that I’m really late to reply here (over 8 months late in time!). Anyway, I think that the Crocodiles should have armour superiority over all tribes except the Rhinoceroses because of their tough scales (they are reptiles after all). The reason why the Rhinoceroses should have very good armour (as well as the Crocodiles) is because they have tough – yet smooth (non-scaly) – skin. Now, while the Crocodiles would have very good and strong armour, they move faster than the Rhinoceroses because the Rhinoceroses move quite slowly there, as @ProfSrlojohn has mentioned here, and thus are more agile there; so the trade-off (balancing) should be that their vehicles are not quite as strong as the Rhinoceroses’ vehicles.

1 Like

Season three is a bit difficult but I will give it a go:

Ice tribes

A few things to note about the ice tribes:

• Their speedorz are much slower than literally anyone else’s but can deal devastating ramming damage. This is because of the large arms protruding from the sides of their speedorz.

• whenever the ice tribes use energy weapons, explosives or ram into people with speedorz, the victim suffers a speed debuff. If a unit has its speed drained to a negative number then they freeze, which is a posh way of saying they die. Additionally, firing at water turns it solid, invalidating naval plays.

Sabre tooth tigers: a relatively balanced faction, similar to the lions, with a few key differences. They have a bit more of an emphasis on machinery and better energy weapons and speedorz. Out of the four ice tribes they are the most outright aggressive.

Mammoths: Have a serious choice between sitting back and letting heavy energy weapons do all the work (when your leader is Maula or Mottrot) or rushing in and acting similar to the rhinos (when your leader is Mungus). Additionally, they’re large number of heavy weaponry means that they use the freeze gimmick the best out of all the ice tribes. Probably have the second or third most expensive units in the game.

Vultures: Warning this is a very polarising faction that is very reliant and niche but keeps in touch with the vultures main character traits. Large, weak, slow low hp flying machines with infantry that is alright on the ground but downright op in the air due to the fact that the eagles bats and ravens have fragile infantry. However, they have hideously powerful traps. Their main strategy is probably an easy use traps to ensnare victims whilst finishing them off with their infantry.

Polar bears and phoenixes: ???

Polar bears are too similar to normal bears and phoenixes are probably way too op and should be reserved for tutorial NPCs.

2 Likes

What is like in the LEGO Legends of CHIMA animated T.V. series, Polar Bears/Ice Bears can be more aggressive than their regular Bear counterparts; but, what is other than that, you’re right in correctness that they would be quite similar to their regular Bear counterparts.

1 Like