Legend of Zelda Discussion

I haven’t heard of using car wax before, which is surprising because I have done A LOT of research on fixing scratched disks (my SSBB got quite scratched…) I’ll be sure to try it! Thanks for the pro tips mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Car wax is designed to fix scratches on cars, and it works wonders on discs too!

1 Like

Huh, that’s really interesting! I thought the WiiU version looked much better, personally.

Twilight Princess gets a lot of crap, but I honestly have to say it’s my current favorite of the lot. I’d absolutely love to see a HD remake of that game; it would certainly benefit from it.

1 Like

Twilight Princess was okay IMO. It was like if you took the character and story out of Ocarina of Time but gave it better controls and MUCH better dungeons. Mixed bag. Wasn’t a fan of the whole first third with the tears of light, and I honestly think it’s the least dark of the 3D Zelda games, but I had fun with TP, and really would LOVE to see that art style in HD.

1 Like

I think the tears of light got old pretty quickly, but the atmosphere was very dark and it made me really think of Ocarina of Time, just with a prettier look.

That being said, I disagree with your statement that it’s the least dark of the Zelda games; I’d say that Phantom Hourglass definitely takes that category. There’s some very dark imagery use for Twilight Princess as a whole. I’d say that it comes right after Majora’s Mask for me.

2 Likes

I did say 3D Zelda games. Phantom Hourglass used 3D models, but it played like a 2D Zelda game IMO.

Have you read any of the articles on Zelda Informer on how Twilight Princess could have been rewritten? I’m curious to know your thoughts. I criticized it for a number of the issues those articles brought up before I had read them.

I can understand what you mean by it having some darker imagery. The cutscene with the Interlopers was pretty creepy. But the story itself just wasn’t that dark to me. No one really died, except for Zant, I guess, but he was an underdeveloped character. I never really felt like the world was threatened or in a huge danger. I dunno. I found The Wind Waker, despite it’s bright colors, to be surprisingly dark in tone overall.

And I really don’t want to sound like a member of the crowd that mindlessly hates Twilight Princess. I enjoyed the game a lot. I just found the story and characters so darn weak, and maybe that prevented me from seeing it as darker? The colors were really the only thing I found dark about the whole game, though I thought that art style suited Zelda best.

1 Like

Anyone want Zelda Lego?

Go support it! It’s not mine.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2082

1 Like

(sigh)

This isn’t going to happen. I’ve seen at least 4 LoZ Cuuso/Ideas concepts be evaluated by Lego, and each one has been rejected. I don’t think Lego is willing to pay Nintendo subsidies for their characters…at least not yet.

3 Likes

I’ve played Zelda II on and off for about 10 years at this point, but I still haven’t beaten the final palace. It’s a hard game.

I’m interested in trying Ocarina of Time. I’ve heard it’s best to play it on an N64 because of the controller, but I don’t really have access to one. Would it matter if I played it on another system? (Totally not a PC rom. 'Cause…y’know…that wouldn’t be legal. XD )

if you have a 3ds, I suggest oot there
heard its good

Unless you want to go all illegitiment and get a totally not pc rom that isnt legal

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have a 3DS. GBA SP is the only Nintendo system I have.

[quote=“pot8o, post:30, topic:208”]
Unless you want to go all illegitiment and get a totally not pc rom that isnt legal
[/quote]Totally not. Nope. Definitely, absolutely, for sure, not happening, 100% for certain…why are you looking at me like that? :wink:

I really like this video, the book gives order to the confusing timeline.

Nintendo and Lego have to team up for this, its out of our hands until then.

Edited for Double Post -Nyran

Do any of you watch Zeldathon?
Zeldathon Relief was fun, and $104k was awesome.

I love Legend of Zelda!

I’ve played every game in the franchise except Phantom Hourglass, and out of all of them, Link’s Awakening is my favorite with Wind Waker in close second. My least favorite would probably be Spirit Tracks.

It’s…saddening…when you’re a fan of a game franchise that you can’t play because you don’t have a Nintendo console.
That aside, I can’t really say what my favorite game is because all I have played was some of Hyrule Warriors, though that ranks as one of my favorite games.

2 Likes

Oh dont get me started on Pokemon man, I always wanted to play those games but I probably never will due to the handheld being expensive and not so much worth it for just one game on it.

Handhelds arent that expensive mang

and I would say the 3ds is worth it,
Espiecially since you can play more then just pokemon on it,

2 Likes

Anyone see the video from the game awards about the new LoZ for WiiU? It looks pretty epic, the world is huge.

The only problem I can see with the new zelda is that it could be too empty…

Moblins. Moblins everywhere.

There, problem solved.