Legend of Zelda Discussion

Am I the only one here who would like a game where you can basically play three campaigns with very different playstyles (playing Zelda, Link, and Ganon)…

2 Likes

Breath of the Wild has a confirmed spot on the timeline: 100 years after Twilight Princess.

Oh yeah, no one understands the Zelda timeline, so just ignores it. Am I the only one who can make sense of it?

3 Likes

Well those are probably my favorite 3 so i’m definitely not complaining.
(Yes, I like Zelda one, it’s one of my favourite games of all time believe it or not)

2 Likes

Nah, most Zelda fans acknowledge it and actively love it because it brings depth and lore to the series. The ones that don’t are still stuck in the 90’s and only care strictly about gameplay, rather than a complex overarching storyline that connects in several ways.

Like, if you took that type of gamer and introduced them to BIONICLE, they’d hate it. They just can’t understand the attraction to subliminal mystery and little clues that point to a broader storyline, that at some point leads to a big realization (whether that be Ganon, Zelda, and Link all being the reincarnations of three entities that are cursed to forever fight, or a story about tribal biomechanical beings actually living on an island top of of a giant robot, named after that same robot).

5 Likes

*hands hyrule warriors

Gotcha fam.

1 Like

That hack n slash has no story what so ever. Not to mention Zelda, Link and Ganon all play in a similar gameplay style of the hack n slash veriety. I was talking about a regular Zelda game which has a deep story, a world to explore,puzzles to solve, bosses, and all of that.

1 Like

have you even played that game? because it do have a story, true its not like the other Legend of Zelda games, but its still a story.

Ignore the disturbing image for the video

1 Like

“Oh Link senpai notice me” story…yeah no.

1 Like

anyway, i bought Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD edition with the wolf link figure.

and all of that just for the Wolf Link companion in Breath of the Wild.

also im rather interested in the story of Breath of the Wild, from what info there was on the Zeldapedia, Hyrule seems to have been mostly destroyed in this game.

and then we have the Calamity Ganon, with also interests me.

1 Like

Part of me is hoping that the old man is Ganondorf, separated from Ganon. I think that would be really cool, Ganondorf a good guy and yet Ganon still the villain.

1 Like

@Gravityhurts123 That doesn’t work though. Sure Ganondorf may have sought a good path at the start, but it isn’t his Ganon form/the triforce of power that made him an awful tyrannical dictator. He became that on his own long before he obtained the triforce. His hate became greed, he even neglects the Gerudo people, his people who he sought to help in the first place. That was all Ganondorf. That’s just who he is.

And he killed the Deku Tree! D:
Even if he is “good” here, there should be an option to make him pay for his crimes against humanity. Whether that be in a cell or through western justice, I’m game.

2 Likes

@Tarvaax
i think this video might be interesting to you.

heck this comment from youtuber: fawfulmark2 is also interesting.

makes sense if you see how he acts in all 3 timelines.
Hero leaves: Lawful Evil, tries to resurrect Hyrule
Hero stays: Neutral Evil, continues the same conquest he started in OOT before inevitably being consumed by darkness in FSA
Hero Dies: Chaotic Evil, Ganondorf is no more and has fully become the Demon Ganon in all the games in this timeline.

2 Likes

@DarKHenrik I think that’s all a big stretch. Ganondorf acts the same regardless. The only difference is that in WW he’s became aware that his existence, along with Link’s and Zelda’s are all tied to a cycle, and he’s become bored with that cycle. That’s the whole point of the mini-Boss he has you fight named puppet Ganon. He’s became aware that he, the Hero incarnate, and the Goddess reincarnate, are all puppets to a curse. He still wants your pieces of the Triforce, and he still wants to take back Hyrule, the Hyule he’s tried to take back for so long. The Hyrule that was buried under water by the godesses.

Why does he only stay Ganon in the decline timeline? Because that’s the only one where he keeps the Triforce of Power in his grasp at a seemingly constant and long rate.

1 Like

Fair point. I hadn’t really given it much thought, just a base level “hmm, he kinda looks a bit like ganondorf. That could be interesting.”

1 Like

For the most part now a day I see fans that like the timeline, very few people reject it anymore.

Where was this confirmed?

2 Likes

I believe I heard it mentioned during Treehouse. I’ve heard it elsewhere as well though.

1 Like

To those saying that Breath of the Wild takes place in the Adult or Child timeline, i think this video might change your opinions a little, and if not, it might be interesting anyway to watch.

1 Like

The Child timeline is truthfully the only timeline I care about and actually like.

Like, the adult Timeline is pretty much a post apocalyptic Hyrule, and while I love WW, I just can’t bring myself to like the DS games or the boring water filled wasteland that Hyrule had become. Not to mention Ganon is dead in that Timeline (WW Link wasn’t the Hero Incarnate, so when he killed Ganondorf he effectively destroyed the eternal curse brought upon him, Ganondorf, and Zelda.)

It is plausible that BotW occurs in the fallen timeline though.
Aonuma made it pretty clear that “Link does something that causes Hyrule to become like this” What does he do? He runs away or gets defeated. Either way, he either puts himself in stasis, or the sages quickly put him in stasis in hope for the future, and the “hero” we’ve seen in the past games in this timeline isn’t really the Hero incarnate. The Hero incarnate has been asleep, and at some point Ganon breaks free after Zelda II. This ends up leading to Hyrule’s overall destruction, and it’s some time after these events that the true Link wakes up.

We’ll essentially get to see the events that cause this timeline to come into being, and we also get to see it resolved by a cowardly hero that will become the courageous man he was meant to be.

2 Likes

an interesting theory i read on Zeldapedia, is that the “Links” from each game might be related, as in the hero of wind (ww) and the hero of light (tp) could be the decendants of the hero of time (OoT).

Its a theory, so it might be wrong, but i found it interesting.

1 Like

@DarkHenrik The WW Link isn’t known to be related to The Hero of Time, but the TP Link is confirmed as his descendant.

1 Like