Legend of Zelda Discussion

like you said, the hero of Wind isn’t known to be related to the hero of time, but given how we don’t know who his parrents are, its a small possibility that he might be.

also, the “related” theory do also make it possible that one of the Hero of Time’s desentants could be a girl which would be a good way to make “Linkle” a canon member of the Legend of Zelda lore, because its really lame if all of the desendants of the hero are boys only, though if the hero of wind is a decendant from the hero of time, then technicly Aryll would be the first (though unofficial) female “link” in the franchise, the reason i say unofficial is because she never takes the role as a heroine because of her age in WW.

however the theory does make the “Links” from the fallen timeline into a group of look alikes who all just happend to look and have the same name as the hero of legend… though it might have been like how all the princesses from the Legend of Zelda timeline are named Zelda, as in the parrents of all these “Links” from the fallen timeline named their sons after the hero of legend, probably as a hope of good fortune or something for their children.

He’s actually referred to in-game as “The Hero Chosen By The Gods”.
But that’s kinda long.

1 Like

Reviving this topic for something rather interesting.
Playing tpHD I noticed something, something that I’ve never heard anyone else ever mention.

The fused shadow is a sheikah artifact.

You may be thinking: what, because the fs has a similar appearance to the sheikah tech in botw?

Well, yeah actually, not only does it have the same rope-like patterns decorating it, it actually has something a little more obvious,
A sheikah eye.
No, not the majora looking eye on the face, on the back of the piece of the fs that midna wears, there is an eye that is nearly identical to the Sheikah eye,
Which I’ve never seen anyone mention.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean that the Sheikah have ties to the Interlopers/Twili, which also seem to have ties to the Ancient Tribe?

Unless you’re suggesting that they’re all…

Either way, it’s odd that the Fused Shadow would even have the Sheikah Eye, as well as the Eye on Majora’s Mask. The mask itself is also nefarious in nature.

Wait after doing some research I think I’ve got an iffy answer. The Sheikah are apparently well known for magic. The Interlopers/Ancient Tribe could have been a splinter group of sorts. For their use of dark magic and evil artifacts, they were banished, and never heard from again. At least, that’s the best I can come up with. Zelda lore is so weird.

I forgot to give an answer to this, but there’s no way for WW Link to be related to the Hero of Time unless Adult Link… did the deed with someone before getting warped to the original timeline.

2 Likes

That was an idea I had as well, some of the sheikah dabbling in the dark arts and getting permabanned for it.

I’m not seeing things though, right? That is the sheikah eye.

4 Likes

No doubt about it. That’s the real deal.

3 Likes

I never noticed it before, now I kinda want to go back to my gamecube copy and see if they added this in the HD version like the bird people.

If they did, maybe they’re hinting at more than we originally thought.

Didn’t bother with a picture, frankly the original looks like someone smeared butter on the screen,
But groundbreaking news, it’s always been there, nobody seems to have noticed.

Though going back to the original version has certainly given me new-found respect for the HD version, it’s no wonder I never noticed before now.
It does raise an interesting question, why did Nintendo make the fused shadow a sheikah artifact?

An update on my tpHD misadventures
frankly I don’t know where to put this but it needs to be seen

‘The Nintendo seal of quality’

Stuff like this is bloody everywhere, as soon as you start looking under tables and such you start seeing missing textures. Didn’t think Nintendo took cutting corners so literally.

Misadventure #3

Stuck birb

This is getting ridiculous.

Misadventure #4

Quality collision detection

Why do I keep finding this games seams?

Edit#5 or whatever
You know, I wish I didn’t have to keep editing this post.

Don’t know what this says, if anyone does, or wants to translate it from hylian, feel free to post it.

Edit 6
Guess what’s on the twili throne?

Yup, yet again the sheikah eye makes an appearance.

5 Likes

Hey guys, just a timeline update but BoTW is on the timeline now. Its at the end of every timeline. Who would have guessed that’s what nintendo did.

1 Like

Game seems empty enough to do that. Good move.

Edit: To reword my statement, I should’ve put vague instead of empty.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a quick clarification here. It’s at the end of at least one of them, but hasn’t been connected to any branches yet (let alone all of them). As it stands, the timeline shows it all on its own separated from the others and hasn’t been attributed to any one of them.

1 Like

But at least the timeline shows it at the end, so all those people saying it was before Skyward sword are wrong.

1 Like

Those people were wrong before the game even came out.

We were specifically told it occurred after OoT several months before it came out, then we were told it occurs in the timeline with the most Ganon appearances. Just a little bit after its release we were told that it happens at the end of one of the timelines.

The fact that Ganon was in it at all should’ve been a pretty big hint to those people. We’re then told at the beginning of the game that Ganon’s last appearance was 10,000 years prior. That obviously means it’s at the end. It’s not hard to figure out at all if someone pays attention to the story…

2 Likes

You know, at least two or three times within recent memory I’ve gone into long periods of time where I passively watch and look into a lot of Zelda content. I’ve never been a huge fan of this franchise. I’ve never really wanted to play any of the games, or buy any books, or any kind of figures. But sometimes every now and again I just get sucked in for a week or two.

On top of that, I’m always the most drawn to Majora’s Mask. There are several games I want to watch more of like Windwaker or BoTW, but somehow Majora’s Mask always grabs my attention the most.

I don’t have much of a point to any of this. Its just all some interesting personal observations.

1 Like

Links Awakening is getting a remake for the Switch:

I haven’t played the original, but I’m still heckin excited

5 Likes

Cool! I’ll probably never be able to play it, but cool none the less.

Though I think its funny that the last two remakes, those being Ocarina and Majora’s Mask were console games ported to handhelds. Now we have a handheld game being ported to a console.

1 Like

So umm… I don’t know how I feel about the artstyle…

2 Likes

i played LA for the first time a few years back. what a lovely little game, i didn’t expect it to hit me as hard as it did. it’s probably on my top 5 zelda games

this art style looks exactly like a 3D version of the old game and the chibi pics in the DX version. i’ll be picking it up when it launches

1 Like

Bada bing Bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom.

Really excited for ninjago skybound breath of the wild two

1 Like