Lego Announces the Return of Bionicle!

Hey, quick question(s) on a somewhat unrelated note. When did news of the ‘HF’ movie come about? And when was it projected to come out?
Edit: By the way, I made a video
It’s here…Bionicle 2015
This is by no means portraying us as a cult, or my opinions on the whole Bionicle-cult thing. It is all just for fun, so enjoy!

4 Likes

I’m not sure, but if there were plans for an HF movie, they’ll be reverting it to a BIONICLE film for sure.

4 Likes

Are we absolutely sure it’s a continuation? The quote given to us didn’t explicitly indicate the previous ten years of story, plus they said “Welcome to the world of BIONICLE” and not “Welcome BACK to the world of BIONICLE”.

Just throwing that out there.

@Marendex_T17 That could be legit, seeing as their heads are new and grey-based (look on the fire defender to see what I’m talking about)

2 Likes

This goes with my whole original theory!!! A prequel with Arthaka, and the Protectors/Defenders are training robots?!?!!?

1 Like

My prequel theory could still be correct, seeing that the mask of creation was canon on the original story, but never really talked about.

It would make sense, to me at least, that this isn’t a reboot, so that the three masks of power can all be mixed into the story.

1 Like

Anybody noticed Lego used the #Bionicle2015?

Anyways, I’d like to say the hype train has gotten to it’s destination… But I’m still Hyped as Makuta! This still doesn’t really close wether it’s a Reboot OR continuation, all we know is that it’s the mask of creation.

3 Likes

Called it :stuck_out_tongue:
Too much hype. Still thinkin’ it’s a reboot.

1 Like

So far none of the info we have gotten about Bio 2015 has been disappointing. I think the mask connection system will be neat for sets but hard for MOCs. But it might only last a couple waves like the HF 2.0 helms did.

2 Likes

If you search up bionicle in the lego shop you’ll get the coming soon page again. Just figured I should mention that.

3 Likes

Came here to say that.

Woooohoooo! Sorry I’m late to the celebration, I just woke up :stuck_out_tongue: but yeah! It’s back! And it’s the mask of creation, I mean that makes sense but it’s still surprising, does that mean we’ll get an Artakha set?

2 Likes

That would be wicked, but I’m not sure if that’ll happen anytime soon.

Well, logically since he’s the only one known to have ever worn it, then unless they changed that he would still have to be a set, maybe in the summer wave?

1 Like

Maybe. If it’s a continuation or a soft reboot, that would be the most logical.

Yup, and I would definitely like that. He had better have the best build they’ve ever made :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

#ItsHappening2015

4 Likes

This is so exciting! Did anyone else get a tribal vibe from the chanting in the video on the Facebook page?

3 Likes

Called it.

1 Like

My mom put it really well just now when she said, “You’re never too old for Bionicle.”

11 Likes

AAAHH!!!
So hyped…although it was the worst kept secret ever…

Despite it being the mask of creation, the use of words like “magic” suggest to me that it may be a reeboot with a slightly different feel to it than the original.

I don’t really mind either way, but I was pointing it out anyway…

2 Likes