LEGO Becomes the Worlds Largest Toy Manufacturer

LEGO Becomes the Worlds Largest Toy Manufacturer

That’s right, you heard it here folks! After reporting an increase of 15% in sales, LEGO has, according to various sources, officially beaten out Mattel (creator of Barbie, Hot Wheels, and Cabbage Patch Kids) as the largest Toy company in the world.

Here’s what LEGO CEO Jørgen Vig Knudstorp had to say:

“Our revenue in the first half of 2014 has more than tripled compared to first half year revenue years in a tough economic environment. The result for the first half of 2014 is an outcome of our ability to develop, launch and distribute LEGO products, which children all over the world put at the top of their wish lists. We are particularly pleased that classics such as LEGO City, LEGO Creator, LEGO Technic, and LEGO Star Wars™ continue to deliver very strong growth globally.”

Looks like despite Mattel’s acquisition of Mega Bloks they still haven’t been able to catch up with the competition!

You can read more about LEGO’s report, including a PDF of Lego’s financial data here! Congratulations to LEGO, we hope you continue to succeed in your future endeavors!

[Source]: Global LEGO® sales up 15 percent in first half of 2014 via aboutus.lego.com, CNN, toyark.com

Written by: Varderan, 9/5/2014

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ttvpodcast.com/post/96724242552
8 Likes

Awww yeah, LEGO kicking butts.

5 Likes

The LEGO Movie. That is all.

Ruby approves of LEGO’s success.

3 Likes

Bionicle 2015, to my hopes, will only increase this standing as #1

IN FACT, MAYBE THEY’LL GET SO BIG, THAT THEY COULD AFFORD TO BRING BACK KNIGHTS’ KINGDOM, EXO FORCE, AND ALPHA TEAM! YEAH? Yeah? No? No, didn’t think so.

3 Likes

I do hope for Exo-Force to return and give us better quality of Mechs than the ones HF has brought us this year. :frowning:

1 Like

Applego2016
I’m calling it.
And somehow SERN will get in on this.

1 Like

Yay! LEGO is the world’s largest toy company…again! (Is it just me or is this, like, the third time this has supposedly happened?)

1 Like

Wow and Bionicle hasn’t even come back yet… ~Pyrox

1 Like

I wonder what’s going to happen to Hero Factory since there’s been no signs of new sets for next year.

I’ll vote for the return of Exo-Force all day, everyday.

1 Like

Only if the designs aren’t garbage like Hero Factory’s.

The IFB sets are, while not the best, pretty OK designs in my opinion.
I just acquired Evo XL Machine a couple of days ago, if you put the grey lower-leg armor on the inside of the legs, and change the horrendous 3.0 “paw” hand for a more Lord Gringat inspired hand it’s pretty good.
Be aware that I am not afraid to modify my sets to suit my purposes if it becomes necessary, unlike some people (not a jab, just a fact. I’ve heard someone say that they would never mod their sets, ever.).

1 Like

Evo XL Machine is one of the best of the mechs. The others on the other hand, not so much. I’ve seen reviews and they seem like they could have done a better job with their designs.

lol, it totally is.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Nice, RWBY FTW! Also congrats to Lego.

2 Likes