Lego Bionicle MOC: Toa Mata Kopaka (masterpiece)

It’s not a giraffe neck, there’s no need to exaggerate. But I don’t want to put it too low since his gear might hinder the neck articulation. But I will see how it would look with a shorter neck

2 Likes

swiggity swooty @N01InParticular gimme a revive rhyme
i think this is one of the most true to the original kopakas i’ve seen. i’m not usually a fan of your stuff, but i like this one. it does have a long neck, though.

1 Like

Thanks but this moc is old and very rough imo. At the time making it I was mostly prideful of the pistoned waist design. But I’m glad you like, though I’m going to be revamping these particular Mata builds in the future

2 Likes

It is done.

I really love the way you’ve captured the aesthetics of the toa mata here.

2 Likes

Man the amount of thought that went in this to keep it as true to the original set is as possible I can really appreciate.And I often look to you for reference and inspiration when it comes to mocing.

1 Like

Thank you, I am very glad that you like the moc. And am happy that my builds gives you inspiration. If you ever need any tips or advice for your builds just feel free to ask

3 Likes

Sure working on a Tahu nuva moc myself can’t quite get the chest amour to sit flush to the body any tips?

1 Like

Be sure that the central part of the upper torso has at least a 3x2 flat surface with a built in axel hole for the nuva chest armor. From there you can widen the torso to a 5 studs length so long as it slopes back to allow room for the armor. Essentially you are making a hump on the chest to connect the armour

3 Likes

Thanks for the advise. I will try to incorporate it into my moc. Also really good idea to be able to switch from mata to nuva.

2 Likes

You are most welcome. Happy building and play well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like