Lego Bionicle Toa Tahu

Moved to the Lego Creations Category -square

Pretty good Tahu moc.The torso looks too skeletal.

2 Likes

thanks

That emulated the original set soo I think it looks fine.

4 Likes

The complex build looks great and the many points of articulation amazes me

1 Like

@1000Purse30 Thanks! I have been working on this MOC for quite a while, I have a YouTube channel dedicated to these MOCs as well

@LTVmocs thank you for understanding, I was aiming towards the sculpted detail on the original toy while keeping both arms symetrical and not asymetrical

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

1 Like

Nice job. Is a little gappy in the chest area tho.

Can I add this into the movie? That last picture with the lighting looks awesome :smiley:

1 Like

@Levva so was the gen 1 tahu from 2001, it had visible gears and several gaps in the molding of the plastic which i have replicated

@JoeSmith Sure thing! Be sure to give some credit though :wink: does this make me a film coordinator now :smile:

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

1 Like

Holhii Kolhii that looks amazing. Unfortunately it doesn’t make it into my official Holhii Kolhii awards but it does look very nice. >:]

1 Like

Why thank you :smile: what would make this figure win the Kohli match :sweat_smile:

Filling in some gaps and give him something original you think would fit with Tahu that was never present in his set forms. Lots of creativity and something outstanding in the community is needed in the Holhii Kolhii awards.

Don’t get me wrong.
This is quite good.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice, I was asking because I always want to seek perfection. I will see what I can come up with that is very original

1 Like

This thing looks really messy, and gappy, and has a few bits of grey that feel out of place.
But I can’t hep but like it.
It really manages to capture the silhouette and feel of Toa Mata Tahu.
So al though I do recommend practicing with making armor flow better, and filling in gaps, I give you a thumbs up.
You made a pretty coolio MOC.

Thanks! And I added the grey for a mechanical feel so that it’s not all orange in the limbs and torso. Even the gen 1 Tahu from 2001 had grey Gears so I figured it would fit the color scheme to spread the grey throughout and sparingly

1 Like

This is one of the best Tahu Mocs I’ve ever seen

1 Like

Thanks! I have the other five waiting for pictures to be taken so stay tuned for more :wink:

I feel like this should get a moc spotlight because of how unique it is. Trying to go for a larger scale greebly set accurate moc is really cool. In some places, it may not work (too skeletal), but overall it’s nice

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: it would be interesting to see it on the MOC spotlight, what areas seem gribly to you? For the most part it replicates the gribly-ness in the molding of the plastic in the original set

The shoulders, abs, and front of the feet seem a little minimal. Also some of the textures get muddled in the arms and legs, and maybe more black than grey would help some too, but yeah great job!

1 Like