LEGO Boost

i think that guy is asriel

4 Likes

indeed

Wowrip.

Regardless, that still seems like an over-reaction to me.

3 Likes

I mean I dont really hate lego, but it’s true that Im not going to buy lego anymore, bionicle was literally the only thing I liked about Lego, well and star wars contraction figures,

I knew it was going to be electronic based, sad they didn’t do a hybrid of CCBS and Power Function.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a lego dimensions but for constarction. That might be kinda interesting.

But System is so good. Plus why did you think they were going to bring BIONICLE back right after it was canceled?

1 Like

Dunno, and I just dont like system, at all, unless I can use to build something for a bionicle

1 Like

I freaking told you all, its part of the Minestorm kind of sets.
https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/5okEXMJZhNKv3u_sx-mEdit1Ulk=/770x433/2017/01/03/b9afc166-f59e-470a-84c1-d45ee54dffbc/legoboost2.jpg

Look at all that Dark Azure.

https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■01-1.jpg

Also here is its small cheep child.

4 Likes

Yo I thought it was gonna be Minestorms too.

I did said it first :stuck_out_tongue: np

Please don’t say that, you’re making the Bionicle fanbase look bad :persevere:

1 Like

I am making myself look bad, but it is the truth, why would I be a lego fan if the only thing I liked about them is now gone?

The EV3 looks better.

######doesn’t mean this looks bad though

1 Like

True. I’m in the same boat; unless a set really impresses me all I’m building is Gunpla and with parts off my collection/bricklink. Bionicle got me back into lego after years of not even looking at sets.

Looking at Var’s review of Lego Boost (btw great job with those videos @IllustriousVar, they’re really well made!), it doesn’t seem like this kit has the same potential for reconfigurability and general amount of things you can do as the EV3 or the NXT 2.0, even when it comes to the motors and sensors, which seem to be very few if compared to the crazy amount available for Mindstorms (I mean, these guys even had additional stuff like a gyroscope and temperature sensor that you could buy from Lego shop at home). Also the fact that it’s system gives me the feeling that it’s probably fragile if compared to the pure Technic build from before…

Overall it doesn’t seem like it has the same appeal as Mindstorms, which I think is still going to release sets on its own when the EV3 starts being a bit outdated (which I don’t think it is right now, as it’s been one of Lego’s top selling sets for a while).

But it does look like a good first introduction to robots for a younger demographic, so that’s cool I guess.

But it looks pretty. :blush:

Totally right. The appearance is also a good indicator that Boost is targeted to younger people (it’s very Mixel-looking I think), while Mindstorms is a lot more similar looking to actual modern robots (you know, with the white and the minimalistic details).

I’m probably biased because I have it, but I prefer the EV3.

when I get LEGO Boost and finished learning what to do with it
I know what I need to make

6 Likes