LEGO Creations: Rules and Guidelines

The foundation for our podcast is our love for LEGO, and that’s a big interest we’re sure to have in common with the fans. Show off your creativity and mastery of the brick! (And technic too of course)

So as to not discourage any LEGO builders here, please do not bash others’ works. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, but there’s a line between critique and harrassment.

Keep it cool, guys.

##Lego Creation Rules and Guideline Updates/Ammendments:

###Amendment I-
“Teaser” Topics are no longer allowed. A creation must be completed or a substantial amount of work should already be made to qualify as a WIP (Work in Progress) before creating a topic.

If a topic has been created for an incomplete MoC that qualifies as a work in progress, the topic starter must post routine updates to their topic detailing new additions to their MoC.

All Lego Creation topics should feature at least one image displaying the entire MoC.

Feel free to contact Administration if you’re unsure if your MoC qualifies as a work in progress.

###Amendment II-
For those of you looking to possibly become featured on one of our M.O.C. Spotlight videos, please be sure to keep these recommendations in mind when taking photos of your creations:

• Be no stranger to taking photos in a horizontal orientation- sometimes it’s better this way, especially for larger/wider MOCs.
  • Achieve the best lighting possible- nothing too dark or too bright.
  • High camera quality is encouraged.
  • Take various pictures from multiple angles

Here is an example of a photo that is not ideal for the MOC Spotlight.

(Don’t worry, I’m not putting anyone on blast, this is my own photo. :blush:)

Again, this is not mandatory for all of you posting creations on the boards, but it is a highly recommended criteria that makes the video editing process for the MOC Spotlight much easier and the videos can appear much better.

Thank you!

59 Likes

I agree most indefinitely.

3 Likes

Amendment I-
“Teaser” Topics are no longer allowed. A creation must be completed or a substantial amount of work should already be made to qualify as a WIP (Work in Progress) before creating a topic.

If a topic has been created for an incomplete MoC that qualifies as a work in progress, the topic starter must post routine updates to their topic detailing new additions to their MoC.

All Lego Creation topics should feature at least one image displaying the entire MoC.

Feel free to contact Administration if you’re unsure if your MoC qualifies as a work in progress.

6 Likes

oh gosh an amendment

we’re getting serious up in here

its like the constitution or somthin

For the record, I do approve of this amendment.

8 Likes

What’s the stance on the LEGO Digital Designer software?

I’ve got a fairly substantial IRL collection of Bionicle, but very few duplicates and I’ve previously much preferred just keeping the sets together for display rather than MOCing, so the Designer seems like a good way to branch out, even if the graphics don’t look anything special.

2 Likes

There are no rules against digital designer, if that’s what you’re asking.

3 Likes

Yep, that was all. Thanks.

2 Likes

No problem.

2 Likes

I agree to the Rules and Guidelines.

How do I post Mocs to begin with?

1 Like

would I be able to hold a MOCing Contest? Have user support their entry on a thread in this section?

1 Like

I have a video of my MOC. Would I put that on the Lego creations section, or the video section?

How do I upload pics of my MOCs?
Where do I upload them at ?

To put a picture in a topic or post, simply copy/paste it into the topic/post. You can upload them to imgur to copy them from there, or there are many other image uploading sites, the one I use is this. I notice you posted your question a while ago, hope it’s not too late to answer. :smile:

1 Like

I’m totally okay with that.

Im new here and have a lot of questions, but if I make a re-vamp of something, would that be considered a Moc or a Mov?, and would I still post it on the lego creations page? Thanks

Lego Creations yeah.

also can people stop saying MOC (insert number) because it adds no value

What’s a “Mov”? My Own Vineyard?

But yes, all revamps would of course still be posted under LEGO Creations.

When do people say that?

they say in the title things like: moc 2 or this is my first moc, and honustly it’s pointless. not a problem but just pointless.