LEGO Duplo Topic

LEGO Duplo; The “Baby Bricks”. Usually seen as our precious system’s younger brother, Duplo is older than the Minifigure itself, with its first set being released in 1969. Although it’s two times bigger than the LEGO Brick, It still has its uses.

If you do not know, Duplo and LEGO Bricks are compatible, meaning they can snap together. This has lead Master Builders, the guys with the Cool LEGO Robes, to use these bricks to fill up the innards of their “Sculptures”, like the one you see here:

What’s your opinion on Duplo? Can you think of any other uses for its system?

6 Likes

I don’t know how we got so far without a Duplo topic…

I find it oddly therapeutic to build with Duplo. Something about building more abstractly appeals to me.

5 Likes

I don’t own any Duplo…

Although, I do have the baby MegaBloks bricks

1 Like

Because… I dunno…

I sometimes do the same thing. I usually just build a head or something; nothing extravagant.

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

5 Likes

I remember I had one duplo set when I was 3 or 4, I think it was a Bob the Builder set.

1 Like
5 Likes

Oh Jang. I wish I had your skillz. :cry:

I may accumulate some for my scene mocs.

A while back, at Toys 'R Us, their was a deal where you spend a certain amount on Duplo and you get a bunny plush, I really wanted that plush…

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s the same for me. I don’t own any really, but when I build with my cousin, he’s 2, I always have fun with him, making Dinosaurs n’ such.

Duplo sets are really boring, the builds are non-existant, and they look unapealing. The bricks are extremely useful for building up creations and filling up the inside, though.

1 Like

My first exposure to Lego was Duplo.

It was for my younger siblings.

Duplo is one of those overlooked treasures when it comes to parts, along with Galidor.

Little known fact, the only times lego ever made cloth hood pieces were for Duplo and Scala, but oddly never for large scale constraction.

2 Likes

My siblings had duplo that they aged out of.

I was planning to make good use of it but my parents donated it all.

So there’s a new duplo train coming out next year.

It comes with a bionicle piece.

2 Likes

What Bionicle set does that come in? it looks pretty old.

It’s a new duplo piece. Old bionicle sets had shock absorbers molded in and this could fit the look flawlessly, so it’s basically a bionicle piece. It’s both.

1 Like

Hum, I think it’s more or less a floppy thing that a shock absorber. I’m curious to how flexible/durable the plastic is due to the thickness of the piece in certain areas…

Yeah however it’s designed I’m sure it’s super durable so preschoolers don’t break it. The part’s actually way larger than it looks. It’s funny how Duplo has basically introduced a big fat G1 part before SW constraction.

1 Like

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1553/8473/products/LEGO10861_Box1_v29_Copy.jpg?v=1513319081

Not sure how I should express this set here. <invisible plurel i know what your thinking of, well not really>

3 Likes

I don’t understand. A dog doesn’t need treats to know that it tastes good, emotions are innate. A more apt slogan on the box would be “Learn about behavior”.

@Square You should feel ashamed, there is no highly specialized geometry here lol.

So there’s a new Disney princess accessory set that reuses a duplo element.

The lavender cape is the bedsheet from sofia the first’s royal castle and the cinderella castle, just cut down to system scale and mutilated.

3 Likes