LEGO Memories

I could’ve sworn the Matoran Hahli came out in 2001. Okay then

2 Likes

Fun fact: I used to hate building toys. I though they were just flat out dumb. Why would you play with something that has so many parts? That was until my best friend eva bought me takanuva stars for my birthday. I was skeptical at first, but I grew to like him. I did more research into bionicle, but mainly I just went to bionicle.com and looked at stuff about the stars. That’s why I like them so much. Good times…

5 Likes

I’d love to get him but I can’t seem to find him! I need those Nuva shoulder armor pieces! :smile: #IfYouKnowWhatIMean

6 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

pm me if you want to know. This is very off topic.

4 Likes

Wow. That is awesome.

2 Likes

I remember being about five years old and spending the whole day putting the Stingray Stormer together back in 1999. Keep in mind this was back before there were parts displays for each step. Maybe that’s why I’m so darned experienced at building :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Twas until all of the joints cracked. :frowning:

2 Likes

I remember when I made a whole cast of poorly designed characters for my fanon in 09 as a kid.

HAHAHAHAH WHAT A LOSER

3 Likes

When I made Bionicle MOCS, I would never make a dumb mixture like red and dark blue. I would always make it with a good color scheme.

2 Likes

I remember when me and my dad built stuff together,and i always modified the same ugly exo force mech i made a long while ago

So that’s where those minifigs came from. I have 3 of them.

2 Likes

Cool, they’re pretty weird like most of the sci fi figs from this era. UFO aliens and Insectoids have some of the most abstract prints I’ve seen ever. They’re more serious in nature compared to the cartoony modern lego aesthetic.

[quote=“DG_Eddie, post:13, topic:10515”]
even Roodaka was built with dad.
[/quote] #Awkward

I always built with my dad, except I’d get annoyed when he would go 20 pages ahead to build something. He also showed me how to do the stickers, so I’m one of the few LEGO fans who actually LOVES stickers.:smiley:

I had a slightly similar problem where I would press really hard to get them together, and I’d accidently move my hand a little and the joint would hit into the edge of my nail, which hurt back then.

I remember my first set. I think. I think the first sets I got were the LEGO Racers Tiny Turbos from 2006 around summertime when we went to Hershey Park. I remember that we went to this car museum on the way home and luckily I found the Blue Renegade, which was the only '06 Tiny Turbo we had a lot of trouble finding. (it’s the only '06 Tiny Turbo that you can’t get on Amazon.:cry:

Tiny Turbos is probably one of my favorite themes, even maybe above Bionicle. Good times of reenacting the police chasing down illegal street racers.

@MiraculousPrime You could always order some new ones off BrickLink.

I remember when I started Bionicle, I had perfect timing. I jumped in in 2006, which is a good since it’s kind of a pseudo-reboot. I remember in the catalogs I would see the Piraka and I really wanted Thok, cause I thought (and still think) he was the biggest B.A. in Bonkle history.

I never went out to get a set until around summer 2006, so instead I picked up 2 Toa Inika at Target. Suprisingly the light-up swords still work perfectly for Hewkii and Kongu, but I lost 1 orange and 3 blue Zamors.

I picked up quick on the story which I was able to follow the basic storyline through the comics and the product descriptions.(Cause a 4 year old wouldn’t go straight to chapter books)

I did have 6 sets from 2007, but they don’t hold too many memories.

Then in 2008, being my favorite year in LEGO ever, I loved Bionicle 2008. I remember one of my friends had 2 AXALARA T9’S! Though for Christmas I got Tanma, Solek, and Toa Ignika, who is being rebuilt at the time.

Though I only had a couple Bionicle sets in 2009, I had quite the number of system sets. In fact, the 8018 Armored Assault Tank (AAT) was the last set me and my dad built together, since he died a few days later. :cry:

A couple years later, I found a box in my parents’ closet of extra gifts. It was like Bionicle sets they got for me as gifts, but they were just like extras. So I found another Solek, Kopaka Phantoka, and Pohatu Phantoka. (who was my dad’s favorite. :+1:)

And that’s it.

4 Likes

Thank you for reminding me of Tiny Turbos.

that was the stuff back then

2 Likes

My uncle was a fan of Bionicle. One time, when he visited, he brought Onua Mata. That’s how he became like an older brother figure to me.

Fast forward a couple years, my grand parents took me and my cousin to McDonalds. There, we saw the Mistika promotional toys. I know I got Tahu, and I think he did too.

One year later, my grandparents take me and my cousin to Toys R Us. There, I got Berix and he got Attackus, which he would later give me. One other year later, I get Tahu Stars at Toys R Us.

In 201?, my dad got me a Y Wing. That was pretty neat. I especially remember slamming it into the floor over and over until I just had a pile of parts… And then picking it up hours later.

By Christmas 2012, I was a huge fan of HF, but I was slowly coming back to BIONICLE. I did some research on it, and this was my early understanding of it, of which I printed copies for all my classmates:

On Mata Nui, 5 Toa washed ashore on a golden beach. They team with the race known as Pohatu. They defeat Makuta, grow new armour and weapons over time, fight Bohrok Kal and Rahkshi, and defeat Makuta yet again (with help from Takanuva, Norik, and Iruni). Long ago, ancient heroes lived in a faraway land… And don’t get mentioned again. The Toa were even transformed into nightmare versions of themselves, silently guided by small, spiderlike companions. On the futuristic island of Metru Nui, the Toa face off against the Piraka and Barraki. Now, in present day 2008, the Toa must take to the skies to fight the ultimate enemy. When Mata Nui awakened, his body was stolen by Makuta, who later lost it to his brother, Teridax. Teridax fights Mata Nui, Mata Nui wins, Tahu’s there, the end. (I learned most of it from the 4 minute retrospective). Later on, I got a, well, clearer view of the story and became a Bionicle fanatic.

5 Likes

Whoa, yes. Yop, many, many memories.

I was five or six when I got this creator set. This was the coolest thing ever. No contest. My dad and I built it together, with countless joyful hours with it to follow.

After my first day of kindergarten, my dad picked me up and congratulated me. In the back seat was Matau Metru.

I saved up forty bucks to buy Gen. 2 Tahu and Onua on the day that they were released at my local Lego store, but when I got to the store I was so blown away by the LOSS (not a very popular opinion, I know) that I skipped Onua and bought him with Tahu instead.

Lego has been a pretty big part of my life for the last twelve years. No small thing.

Aaand that joke is still around. Ah, what the heck. Why not. :smile:

4 Likes

I had a similar experience. When I was visiting a school since I was gonna apply for 1st grade there, and it was a little scary since I would be there for a full day instead of the usual 1/2 day at kindergarten. So my Dad said he’d get me this Indiana Jones set for getting through the day. :smile:

3 Likes

Him and Avak are my fav Piraka (perhaps even my fav characters in Bionicle). Thok was the first set I ever got. But I lost his spine :sleepy: My last memory of the spine was of the idiotic 6 year old me twisting it into a knot and throwing it down the basement.

I just raged on a pillow. Thanks a lot. :smile:

1 Like