LEGO Memories

Isla de la Muerta

1 Like

I remember my first Lego set was this Lego Agents set:

I remember having to beg my parents to let me get this, since they thought I would lose all of the pieces. I still have the mini figures and instructions somewhere.

After a while I got more and more lego sets, and-well-thereā€™s a reason I five plastic bags filled with pieces under my bed.

6 Likes

Interesting Fact: Agent Chargeā€™s motorcycle here was originally created for Mars Mission.

2 Likes

I heard about that somewhere-canā€™t remember where though.

Prototypes topic maybe.

1 Like

I remember getting Reidak sometime after Bionicle ended. It was amazing getting a long-discontinued set just outta nowhere.

DUUUUUUDE I got that, and it was great! I miss agentsā€¦

3 Likes

giving your sets away to your freinds who who moving away is not bad.
that way they is introduced to this awesome bionicle world and they have it all thanks to you. :heart:

2 Likes

I remember one time when i was 5 or 6 i didnā€™t have any star wars sets but i really wanted one of the lightsabers so i got a handle piece and stuck 3 1x1 round trans green brick pieces on it and made my own lightsaber.

I also remember spending hours trying to rebuild this miners set because i couldnā€™t find thit one lime wedge piece but after nearly 3 hours of sifting through the 12 boxes i had i realised that i left it in my pocket because i found it before hand and thought i would save it for when the piece is needed.

Edited for Double Post
~Chronicler

My local kmart is closing down. A shame, but their prices were so high I rarely bought any lego there, and no one else did apparently. I remember going in there as a kid in 2001 and seeing sets from 2000. It blew my mind that there was still a place to buy dino island sets. Then years later as an adult I visit kmart in 2016 and they still have the original chima speedorz from 2013 at full price. It was like a lego museum in there. Guess some things never change. Bless you kmart, you were the most bizarre store Iā€™ve ever been in.

2 Likes

Kmarts are closing down everywhere. They were failing a few years ago, then they bought Sears to boost themselves for a while, and now theyā€™re failing a again and dragging Sears down with it.

I know what you mean though. No one bought anything from Kmart. They were just as expensive as everywhere else, but had nothing to offer the others didnā€™t, same as Toys R Us. Kmart is just a shell of what it used to be.

1 Like

Has anyone here been to the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN? I was rummaging through some old family photos that show what the LEGO area looked like in 2002.

2 Likes