Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

@Azani

CTRL + S on google chrome saves the page for the most part

2 Likes

Edited title because this topic is almost 200+ comments about the contest.

Didnt spend too much time on the LMB and a majority of that was during G1, admittedly it was often associated more-so with the younger fans. There was a better level of control of the LMB back then so there wasnt too many of the more weirder comments that we often see being joked about.

I’ll miss it for nostalgia value and the community from the old days, but other than that, nothing much to say about it which feels sad honestly as it was an important part of most fan’s lives before other forms of social media became more popular - and even then they were’nt Lego specific or filled with the hype that the LMB had.

Depends entirely on the Lego team - and they tend to be a little unreliable. Feb 28th could mean anytime between Feb 27 - March 6th that they actually put it into read-only mode… we’ve seen the unreliability of updates before in regards to specific pages so expecting some issues when it comes to switching to read-only mode is rational.

3 Likes

@Voxumo

About two hours for the first half then i went to bed at 2 in the morning and finished it about noon still human so i need sleep too

2 Likes

I suppose since people are posting things in this thread now I’ll share the text file I had as of I think last week.
http://endlessrenovation.com/lego/thread.txt

Probably preferred to right click and save as, since the page would take a while to download. I’m going to re-run the script after the freeze to get everything, and maybe fix up those last formatting issues (line breaks are hard to get consistently).

1 Like

Hello,

I have a suggestion to archive a post:

1. Welcome to the LEGO.com Message Boards post

2. LEGO Birthday Party post: by WhiteAlligator: it was created to celebrate LEGO’s 80th Birthday, in 2012.

You could archive it in a text file like the ask greg topic:http://endlessrenovation.com/lego/thread.txt

a text file.

good ideas?

LEGO Fans, who will never get to experience the LEGO Message Boards, should be looking archives, memories that the people who were there…have fun.

1 Like

Hey LEGOFan2017, we have a small group of people archiving the entire LMBs as we speak. So I’m sure they’ll get archived, but if you want, I’ll give them a specific request for those two areas.

1 Like

@ajtazt Thank You for your reply.

Yes, good idea, give them a specific request for those areas: Good posts, need to archive for future generations so when they look at it they will look at the past…

I would and everyone would like to look at the text file.

Also, the whole post in my two requests: from start to finish: keep updating it until feb 28th. so no users and new users post.

Another suggestion: Talk to the Mods

and my list:

1. WELCOME TO BRICKBOOK!

3.Famous Topics
Finding Friendships - Has over 32,500 pages. It is currently the largest topic in the MBs, and was locked once, but has been unlocked for a while now. It normally gains around anything between 10 to 50 pages per day.
Welcome to Brickbook - a parody of Facebook. It is the second largest topic, with over 27,000 pages.
MB Asylum - one of the most infamous locked topics in the MBs. At the time it was locked, it had 2,647 pages. It was known for it’s weird and inappropriate posts, and that’s why it was locked on April 17, 2014.
LMB Coffee Table - Started by Gollymolly, it currently has 4,600 pages.
Poll Room - Had 1,272 pages when locked for excessive spam. This topic held the record for the longest topic ever, until MB Achievements passed it. It was also the first topic to have more than 1,000 pages.
MB Achievements - over 1,626 pages. Locked for excessive spam. Twice. The third one has over 427 pages and hasn’t been locked yet.
MB Cafe! (The Ultimate Place To PARTY!) - Over 1,000 pages. This topic has been wanted in the MB Forum for a long time and finally, Wertys761 got an MB Cafe in. It was the 4th topic to reach 1K pages and was locked for spam and outrageous off-topic posts shortly after. It was also the 1st topic with 1000 or more pages that got deleted. Before its deletion, it was located in the Brick Boards subforum. It has now been replaced.
Time off the MB’s Speech Podium - Over 1,070 pages, has been locked twice, but is now active.
Legends of the MBs - Has over 400 pages. It usually gains one page a day.
LMB Old Timers - Has over 1,501 pages and regularly gains more posts.
Your Position in the MBs Advanced - Has over 1,400 pages. There have been a lot arguments about the topic recently, because many users wanted it locked for excessive spam and off-topicness. As a result of this, a new topic has been created, “Your Position in the MB”, which is supposed to be strict. It was originally intended to be a spam-free alternative for users who were roused by the spam in the older version. The intended effect has not been reached, for both topics are now full of quote chains. None of them have been locked.
What do You do While You’re Posting? - Has over 1,000 pages. It was one of the most active topics on the Boards. Created by Genralaustin.
The Posters Lounge - Total of three topics, with one reaching over 1,000 pages. The final incarnation was by legostudios34, but it was locked and the Posters Lounge topic idea was banned from the Message Boards forever because of excessive spam.
Craftsman Club - Has over 427 pages. It is now inactive.
Secret Sister Society and Undercover Brothers Chat - Had 5,636 pages when it was locked because of inappropriate jokes.

The New MBs Mod Party
WhiteAlligator made the Official Farewell Party for the Old LMBs, a Mod Party in the LEGO Message Boards forum. The party began on November 1, 2012 , and took place over 24 hours. After this mod party ended, the 2012 Update occurred, making this the longest and last mod party in the history of the MBs, before the New MBs arrive. The fast moderation never ended, and it got the most amount of pages in a day. The topic glitched making all the Moderators post being moved from page to page and users post being on a different page. For some users the moderation for their post took long because of all the post getting through. There has not been a Mod Party since then.

List of Major Roleplays
Minifigure HQ! (58 pages)
Dark Source H.Q.! (34 pages)
Welcome to the Brick Cafe (12 pages)
LEGO Minifigures Road Trip! (ROLEPLAY) (1,609 pages)
Popular Topics
The Minifigure Force - The First Team for the New MMO
Official LEGO MMO info
LEGO Minifigures Official Cafe!
Minifigure MMO Update
LEGO Minifigures Easter Party 2013!
The Adventure of the LEGO Minifigures

Munch Munch Cafe

Last one: MB Asylum~Roleplay

Sorry, I requested alot. Just helping things out abit and cannot go to the LEGO Message Boards. So i just help out archiving.

My requested ideas…NOTE: I’m a Archive Helper. Just to suggest topics that should be archived in a text doc. Popular topics should be archived. so, people who doesnt know about the LEGO Message Boards can have a look at the text doc.

People can archive my topic suggestions until the feb 28th, when it is read only, so thats the day when no one posts.

Keep updating it until the Feb 28th.

Edited for Quintuple Post - Waj

Howdy @LEGOFan2017! I’m one of the mods here, and I noticed you have been posting continuously one after the other. We do not actually allow this type of thing on the boards. If you have made a post and you want to add more information, you can simply use the pencil icon to edit the original post with that information. I highly encourage you to read our rules about double posting, here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Man, I miss that place. :frowning: I was actually a part of the Secret Sisters Society and Undercover Brothers, but I eventually became inactive there, and when I came back to check it out, I found it was locked and saw why. :frowning: The interesting thing about it was that it was so we wouldn’t clutter the HQ topic that we made, as that was originally for discussion of the Minifigures Online MMO, as we made the group for that, but were never able to meet up for it. :frowning:

I was gonna say that you left out the Ninjago Role-play Subform, but then I realized that you were talking about the actually topics for different independent role-plays. :stuck_out_tongue: Because the Ninjago RP was Nominated along side the Chima RP and Superheroes RP for the Most Awesome RP award in the 2014 Golden Brick Awards, I honestly thought it would be close between the Ninjago RP and Chima RP for 1st, cause of their rivalry, but Superheroes came out in first place :P. But that was probably because of how much of a mess both RPs were at the time. I mean, the Ninjago RP had gone through a reset earlier in the year, and was not in the best of shape.

Actually, the Ninjago RP has so far, gone through 2 full resets, and one partial reset in the middle of the 2nd iteration. But, in the ending of the LMBs everyone’s going back to the old iteration. :stuck_out_tongue: That RP subform has around 1000 topics made in it. Most of them being locked due to the resets. :stuck_out_tongue: But none the less, there were still lots of awesome moments there, such as really cool storylines. :stuck_out_tongue: There was even an attempt at a crossover to the Chima RP in 2013. So, the Ninjago RP does actually have a bit of fame in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BLegends of China RP Topics:

1. Creating NEW HQs
  2. Welcome Newbies (Newbie Training Center)
  3. China Inn!
  4. Rhino HQ!!!
  5. The Outlands
  6. Eagles HQ
  7. Wolf HQ
  8. Pirate HQ
  9. And so on…(

Look at link from Web Archive: Shows you HQs and RP topics:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140323183334/https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGENDS-OF-CHIMA-Roleplay/bd-p/Legends_Of_Chima_Roleplay

Ninjago RP

1. Nindroid HQ.
  2. Creating New HQs (Ninjago Roleplay)
  3. Roleplay Control Center
  4. Good Ninja’s HQ!
  5. Ice Ninjas
  6. Light Ninjas H.Q.
  7. NOTE: Most HQs are locked so yes, it is easy to archive all the posts in it from beginning to end.

Archive the lock HQs first, in China and Ninjago, because most of them locked because of the roleplay reset (twice: Ninjago: 2013 and 2016. China: 2015.

NINJAGO Roleplay - LEGO - Ninjago RP as of 10/1/2017!

:slight_smile:

Locked Topic: Shadow Ninja HQ: Archive it In a text document e.g.: endless renovation like this: http://endlessrenovation.com/lego/thread.txt -and is updating the topic until it is locked in 28th Feb.

Locked topics are easy to do, since they are dead topics, easy to do. But, non locked topics: Keep archiving it and updating it until the day when it is read only.

CASTLE CAFÉ
5,850PAGES ON
THIS WIKIAdd New Page Edit Talk0 Share
Icon thread readonly Locked
Author:
curlykartwii
Forum:
Castle
Source: CASTLE CAFÉ
CASTLE CAFÉ is a topic in the Castle Forum. It was created by curlykartwii on June 21, 2013. It has 51 pages and 21 likes on the first post. The topic was meant as a place for users to chat with each other and occasionally roleplay in a restaurant environment.

NEW Location: Classics Forum: Popular post, so this should be archived (Well, anyway, all posts are going to be archived, because from now to the 6th March: before it is closed, we have to save the content. As it says in WhiteAlligator’s Announcement and the FAQs on the closure.

"Pirates Forum
5,847PAGES ON
THIS WIKIAdd New Page Edit Talk0 Share
Pirates Forum
Piratef
The Forum Logo
Topics:

110+

5,433+

Description:

Captain Redbeard and his band of swashbuckling pirates are facing off against The Governor and his troop of bluecoat soldiers.

Who will ultimately gain control over the high seas? Which side will you choose to join?

Not to be confused with the Pirates Subforum"-LEGO Message Boards Wiki: The Pirate Cafe and its posts. The Pirate Forum’s anniversary of when it is created will be the closing of the LEGO Message Boards! (Pirates Forum: Created: 6/3/2015 and LEGO Message Boards Closure: 6/3/2017: Coincidence!

Popular Cafés
Some popular cafés were:
MB Cafe (MB Forum)-MB Cafe 2!-The MB Cafe sequel is inactive, it is dead, but it will be remembered for being active all the time and the most posts and likes! That’s why, this should be archived from start to end. Posts Number: Posts: 67,066: Wow! But to archive it in a text document, archive all of the pages in endless renovation like this topic: http://endlessrenovation.com/lego/thread.txt -Chat with Greg Farshtey Topic.
Castle Cafe (Castle Forum)
City Cafe (City Forum Roleplay)
Club Cafe (Club Forum)
The Classic Cafe (Classics Forum)
Creator Cafe (Creator Forum
Forum Cafe (German Message Boards)
LU Cafe! (LEGO Universe Forum)

German Message Boards:

Closure of the TLM Forum

[ Processed ]
OPTIONS
04-22-2016 11:45 AM - edited 04-22-2016 11:45 AM
Hello everyone Happy

It is now time to close this forum, since the LEGO movie has been a while now and is not soooo much going on here. Wink

Therefore we will close everything on Monday. You can of course continue to talk about Emmet and Wyldstyle - write your comments to the LEGO General Forum! Nerd

Thank you very much! Thumbs up

IRRATIONAL SEAGULL
I’m a seagull. I’m irrational. And I love Christmas.

Closing the LEGO Forum

OPTIONS
a week ago
Unfortunately the moderators have to send you a very sad message today. The LEGO Forum will close on 6 March 2017. The entire community, including all forums and their content, will be taken offline, ie will not be available anymore. Just like a LEGO set, a theme, a game or a website, everything can not last forever and remain available. So that we can provide you with new great products in the future, older functions sometimes have to be set. This is exactly the case with the LEGO Forum.

The moderators thank you all for being such great members of a wonderful community. Every forum is full of creative, inspiring and exciting stories - thanks to you !! We really appreciate how much zeal each of you was part of this group and how much you all contributed to it, and hope that this dedication to LEGO will continue throughout the transitional period.

So now to the important information:

• On Monday 6th March the forum will be switched off. Starting March 6, the entire community and its content will no longer be accessible.

• On Tuesday, February 28th you can only read in the forum, but do not write anymore. So you can still read and save the content if you want, but do not create new posts, comments or signatures.

• The last day you can write to the LEGO Forum is February 27th. The moderators invite all users to visit the forum on this day and to say good bye to all the users of this great community.

• The forum will remain open normally until the changes have been made on 28 February.

• Please also look at the FAQ-contribution above in the forum, in which we answer the most frequently asked questions. You can also come here and ask your questions.
    █──█ ─▀─ ▀▀█▀▀ █▀▀ ─█▀▀█ █── █── ─▀─ █▀▀▀ █▀▀█ ▀▀█▀▀ █▀ █▀ █▀▀█ ▀█
    ░█░█░█ █▀▀█ ▀█▀ ──█── █▀▀ ░█▄▄█ █── █── ▀█▀ █─▀█ █▄▄█ ─ █──█ █▄▄▀ ─█──
    ░█▄▀▄█ ▀──▀ ▀▀▀ ──▀── ▀▀▀ ░█─░█ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀──▀ ──▀── ▀▀▀▀ ▀─▀▀ ▀─▀▀

Yup, even the German Message Boards are closing!

I’ll help out to archive the German Message Boards!

Like: the Closure of TLM Forum!

German Message Boards
Posts to archive
List

1. LEGO Classic Space HQ

OPTIONS
09-19-2013 08:05 AM
Well, this is a rolling game. You can choose from these cathegories:
Futuron
M-Tron
Blacktron
Spacepolice

If you want to participate, fill out this profile:

Catheories (futur …):
Name:
Appearance:
Features:

Here’s my profile Smile:
Category: Futuron
Name: Commander Steve Stardust
Appearance: White Futuron Suit
Features: Good mechanic and strategist

I hope you doThumbs up

It only lasted 3 pages: very easy to archive!

1. Test the message boards

[ Edited ]
OPTIONS
‎11-25-2012 11:34 AM - last edited on ‎05-05-2014 06:56 AM by Keighlian
Hello everyone -

The Mods invite you to use this topic as a place to test out the message boards. Try out all the fonts, the emotes, the different reply features, the jammers, or whatever! Anything you want to check out, this is the place!

Feel free to post an entire message full of emotes and purple letters here, but do not post test messages in other forums. To ensure that the normal topics are not disrupted we are giving you all this entire topic to test like crazy!

If you have any feedback as a result of testing or from just poking around the boards please let us know in the Help and Suggestions forum. Thumbs up

Test the Message Boards!

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGENDS-OF-CHIMA-Roleplay/bd-p/Legends_Of_Chima_Roleplay

Save Chima RP!

here come dat boi

OPTIONS
Saturday
It appears the LMBs are closing. I, personally, am not particularly surprised. They’ve been in a state of constant decline for a while now, and I doubt employing full-time moderators for this forum is continuing to be (if it ever was) economically viable for LEGO, and making it moderator-less would probably end poorly on their part. So yeah…saw this coming.

Well, it’s been over five years of really, really, reallllly weird memories. Joking The Speedy Seven in 2012, the update, the mess of the ranks, Brickbook, the Asylum, FF, being banned, unbanned, somehow managing to make over 150,000 posts… Joking Regardless, these forums were a large part of my childhood and some of the people I met here I still talk to everyday. (heres lookin’ at u bb Wink ) Here I discovered my love for writing, for volatile arguments about various religious and political subjects ( Joking ) and for…idk. That sentence really was structured looking for a third love. Joking

I will always remember many of the people I met here, no matter how hard I try and forget some of you. Joking Through the roleplay, the stories, the spamming (oh dear god the spamming), I have had lots of fun here. Thank you for making the last five years…entertaining. Joking

Skulduggery773’s Goodbye to the LEGO Message Boards…left 8/1/2017.

That should be archived because he is a popular user…should be remembered in LEGO Message Boards history.

Preserve the LEGO Message Boards

OPTIONS
a week ago
Might as well get started on this.

I need everyone’s help to preserve the history of the LEGO Message Boards. This involves saving posts to Word documents, taking screenshots, and making lists of user stats. This place has shaped so many of us, and saving topics like FF will serve as reminders of how important this place was to so many people. I need as much help as I can get, though. We have to save Finding Friendships, Brickbook, the Coffee Table, Munch Munch Cafe, and others. You can also save any topics that are important to you, because they all tell the story of the MBs. We only have two months, but together we can use that time to immortalize the MBs and cement its legacy as the greatest online community, ever.

Thank you.

Yup, and that you can archive that too!

I agree what he said…archive the topics that is very popular and that is how the LEGO Message Boards shaped!

Come on, we can do this and future generations can see it…in word documents, screenshots, etc.

The only practical way I can think of to archive long topics would be to use a bot. One user created a bot that’s currently archiving the Chima RP.
Meh.
2 Likes
Rank 10
polardozer
Rank 10
polardozer
Re: Preserve the LEGO Message Boards
OPTIONS
Monday
@simonbasher

How does one use this bot? Because If possible, I want to archive the entire Nerd Refrigerator.

Plus it will save me several tens of hours of work.
Ṕøłαґḓ◎ℨεґ
Nerd of the MegaMan And Christian

But life demands a final chapter, a story that we leave behind.

Bot: You can archive the posts via the bot.

The GOLDEN BRICK NEWS (GBN)

OPTIONS
‎05-01-2015 12:46 PM
Brick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellow

Letter from the Editor Wildbunchz:Nerd

Dear Golden Brick News readers,

We are proud to present a brand new monthly news show.PartyStreamer Here you will find the latest news on everything LEGOBrick blue and MBs. But no worries, this is not just a once a month thing, we will update this topic on a regular basis. We want to feed you with the latest news in real time. Happy
So make sure you bookmark this topic and keep on checking in. Balloons

Have fun reading!Star
WILDBUNCHZ

P.S. As new Editor I need a Signature that represents my new position.Angel Feel free to submit your ideas right here and the best ones will have the chance to be featured in a new edition of our GBN.Brick pink

Brick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellowBrick yellow
WILDBUNCH
Im a WILD Mod Guys By MasterEddie11
77 Likes

“Build a Monster” Party

[ Edited ]
OPTIONS
‎09-30-2015 11:45 PM - edited ‎10-06-2015 11:31 PM
Surprised Happy Spook-tober!! Surprised

The spookiest time of year has arrived again and it’s time to celebrate. How does a monster party sound? Party

To join the festivities you’ll need to create your own unique and spooky monster creature. Make sure to use the LEGO Minifigiures Monsters series for inspiration. You can check them out at minifigiures.LEGO.com.

What does your monster look like? What abilities does it have? Where does it live? What is its name?

Tell us all about your awesome spooktastic monster here and then get your celebration on! Balloons

Then make sure that you check out LEGO.com’s awesome new Halloween page at LEGO.com/campaigns/halloween. There you’ll find some amazing features like polls, activities, a special gallery, and more!

Halloween 2015

PARTY LOUNGE!

OPTIONS
‎01-15-2011 10:13 AM
PARTY ON GUYS! [v:0)]

Star MKM Star

Save Party lounge? Because it was a mod party by MiaKittyMoon!

EDIT: I will request allot of posts that need to be archived! Guys, Did I made you guys abandoned this topic? Well, I guess, I will ask the Moderators to ban me…Goodbye…:frowning:

EDIT 2: Archive the posts that I requested? Please? I requested a lot of posts to be archived into text file.

We need to preserve the important topics that I listed above, that will be remembered in history…of the LEGO Message Boards…

Anyone going to request my posts to archive?

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

As far as I can guess, TLG is either closing down the boards due to concern for little kids, because ofa dislike of opinions voiced there, or because they’re going to replace them with something very similar.

What are your guys’s thoughts?

2 Likes

Archive my posts ideas, request them, saw them above?

(Ahem)

We are here for saving the content for the LEGO Message Boards,

Like my post requests for archiving?

Request it for people to save it in a text doc? E.G.: endless renovation doc: like the ask Greg Farshtey Topic, someone is doing that.

Sorry, I have absolutely no time to do that.

3 Likes

Anyone?

Hey Legofan, please don’t spam your requests or double post. If you’re desperate enough to have them archived, perhaps do it yourself?

12 Likes

I think many are more concerned with archiving the posts made that are relevant to the community and story, be it questions or clarifications.

If you really want to archive your own posts, go ahead. No one’s stopping you.

10 Likes

WhiteAlligator has confirmed that there is nothing that is replacing the LMBs. :frowning:

4 Likes

Goodbye forever.

2 Likes

she’s still around lmao

4 Likes

I’m able to archive other threads as the script is universal. I think I’ve seen some comments about others putting the entire site on archive.org?

Anyways, the site is still active. There’s no point in me downloading any threads until the freeze. When the posts stop I’ll start generating text archives.

2 Likes

Good idea :wink:

1 Like