Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

So today is the day the Boards are closed, but they’ll still be open until end of March so you can still archive everything to their most updated state.

3 Likes

13 minutes at the time of writing this until the boards are locked up. And not enough time to convert my archive of Ask Greg into visually pleasing PDFs instead of nightmare code. Oh well, good luck winning archivers.

3 Likes

There’s still time, my dude. Chances are, mismatched time zones, unfortunate circumstance, long render times, and Murphy’s Law will be in full effect.

2 Likes

Those sneaky buggers, earlier than intended. But thankfully there wasn’t anyone who posted last second comments on the topic. Made my submission alot easier.

1 Like

Aaaaand the boards are officially locked.

How many other people from the boards are here? Maybe we should make a memorial topic.

3 Likes

Perhaps so. I’ll create one in the morning.

2 Likes

I would contribute to that.

Oh, and I’m here, for those of you who don’t know.

2 Likes

I’ve got my HTML archive done. You can grab it from my dropbox here:

11 Likes

Surveys to see how competition did it.

3 Likes

I’m here too, just so you guys know.

2 Likes

If so we’ll need this:

https://community.lego.com/lego/attachments/lego/1021/2784830/1/Mod%20Farewell.jpg

6 Likes

I love how that’s just a 10 minute photoshop.

It’s super easy to obtain the 3D models to make a much better thank you card.

I’m probably just looking to nit-pick though.

2 Likes

And now we play the waiting game to see just who sent in/posted their topic archives first.
https://m.popkey.co/732554/v0apY.gif

3 Likes

Well we can wait to see who sent it in first, but it might still not be complete. A lot of replies are still being moderated even though it is in read only mode. As such new replies are still popping up. Just thought I would give those participating a heads up.

4 Likes

Rubs Temples
Of course there is… and oh look, one of two posts at this time is spam.
I really wish they would have added said posts before lmb went into read-only, as this means there is seemingly no way for those of us archiving the topic to know when all the posts are actually added.

But nonetheless gonna create a second archive that I will continuously update should more posts come out.

That way there is the original, unedited, as of read-only, version that I originally sent to eljay and this second version. Don’t want to be accused of cheating or anything now.

Stares at Blazejump3726’s posts
What is wrong with some people*

3 Likes

They were probably implying that they wished for Greg to add them to BS01, somehow making them canon.

That’s not how it works at all, but I don’t really mind it that much since they seem to just be a kid. However, their posts are pretty spammy, and won’t look that good on topic summaries…

2 Likes

Ya know the funny thing is, I was genuinely in the mind-set of thinking it was just some kid, trying to get things canonized, hence why I didn’t respond. But it’s amusing they’ve now stared posting identical spam on Bzp, under a different name oddly enough.

Probably is a kid though, but I don’t believe intentions are so pure as they want to have greg canonize such things.

Puts LMB into Read-Only several hours in advance. Keeps LMB in Read-Only several days past when it was suppose to be gone forever
Don’t understand your Logic here LEGO, but whatever floats your boats.

2 Likes

these.

4 Likes

Thanks offering the explanation. It shocks me a bit that someone wouldn’t know what the Temples are on the human head.

Also speaking of shocking, I love Lego’s planning. Yeah we are gonna close down the boards this day… a week later still no closing of boards.

2 Likes

As it turns out the announcement tab on the message boards has been changed. It no longer says the boards will be completely taken down march 6, instead sometime in the future. (still it was saying march 6 a week later and there are still references to that date in other places)

"The boards will be taken completely offline in the future, but there is not a specific date planned at this time. "

6 Likes