Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

Ah, spaced for a minute when I read that

2 Likes

Interesting… Wonder how this will ultimately affect the contest Eljay is running.

2 Likes

The Message has been changed, now saying that

“The boards will be taken completely offline on Thursday, March 30.”

I think I know why they have remained up for so long, but I’m not gonna say it, because it would end up being advertising.

2 Likes

You know what comes a couple of days after March 30? April 1, aka April Fool’s Day. This seems like a lot of work for an April Fool’s Day prank, but the timing is rather suspect… I know, it’s probably coincidental, but I can dream.

3 Likes

Probably a trick to increase interest.

1 Like

Or it’s not a prank, and LEGO is serious with this.

Which I’m absolutely certain is what’s happening.

5 Likes

Serious with the prank or the boards closing?

1 Like

The LMB are closing for good, it’s not a prank. Any belief that it is just a prank is just fooling yourselves.

6 Likes

The boards closing. Don’t think of it any other way.

3 Likes

Lego has a naive care for keeping kids from seeing the serious side of the planet.

Why would they kick kids in the shins like this for a prank?

1 Like

Nah they’re definitely dead.

2 Likes

That’s what I said. I meant they want to increase interest in the boards, thereby giving Lego more attention.

1 Like

So, the logic behind this is inherently sound. What isn’t inherently sound is that TLG isn’t that good with coordinating confidentiality when it comes to their core product offerings, let alone pranks. If all the board moderators, higher-ups, and PR folks are on the same page, then it’s not a prank.

1 Like

Well… that’s a thing. Am I the only one getting this?

1 Like

That’s a network thing.

I get it whenever I don’t use google as my search engine on my school wifi.

1 Like

Oh. Could it be from something on their end?

1 Like

Doubt it, Though I don’t know everything.

2 Likes

Welp the boards are officially down now. Or at least that is what I’m assuming given they apparently cannnot be found.

6 Likes

At last. Vindication.

3 Likes

Vindication for what?

2 Likes