Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

Puts hand over heart

tear rolls down cheek

At long last…

6 Likes

In the arms of an angel, fly awaaaaaaaayyyy, flyyy awaaaaayyyy…

4 Likes

So… it’s been 11 days since the LMB closed, several weeks since the Ask Greg topic was last updated, and even longer since this topic was started.

With the lack of any kind of response, I’m going to presume @Eljay has chosen not to follow through with the original contest he proposed, especially since apparently the Wayback machine has a copy of the Ask Greg Topic, even if it is missing about 40 pages.

1 Like

I shall follow through, absolutely. I’ve been busy with work and will be announcing the winner shortly, there has just been a lot on the plate as of late. I apologize for the delay, and I thank you all for your patience.

6 Likes

Ah, well if that is the case, then I shan’t delete the original files from my computer yet.

2 Likes

Very late on this I actually had it done but forgot to upload. Here’s plaintext versions of the whole thread. One text file per year. Also has links to the script used to download/parse it, and a zip file with all the HTML files for each page. I think I reached the end but I’m not sure.

http://endlessrenovation.com/lego/

1 Like

That aged well.

1 Like

why do I have this topic set to watching?

3 Likes

Not certain why you decided to bring traffic to my old hijacked topic, but what exactly are you referring to? Eljay not living up to giving out the prize? He might have announced the award in a podcast rather than on the boards or a separate video for it. However, I don’t recall it ever happening and it looks like the badge was never made.

As for the others wondering why it was marked as watching, there are a couple explanations. Provided you didn’t set it to watching back in the day for the archival contest, the admins might have had it set so all user accounts would get notifications. It could also just be the result of changes made to the boards over the years and a relic for when this topic was made. Although I find Eljay making it so everyone was forced to pay attention initially to archive the Greg topic as the more likely reality.

No, I’m talking about the replacement in general and the mentions of WhiteAlligator and such.

I view the replacement of the LMBs by Lego Life from a completely different perspective.

Then would it not have been better to post that perspective rather than leave nebulous spam?