Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

Oh, I was there. That was right when I joined. I would like to imagine that I wasn’t one of those people, but there’s a psych term about that.

Are you/were you on the LMBs at some point? I’m trying to get a feeling of how many people from there are also here, being fairly new to this community myself.

1 Like

Cause and effect. You are the only person i’ve ever heard say you have between March 6th and February 28th to do something because its against how people are taught sentence structure. Everyone else i’ve enountered uses the sentence structure of cause to effect and would say ‘you have between February 28th and March 6th’

Thats not a comment on anything wrong with you, its just that i’ve never heard it said that way round before.

Well, that simply isnt going to happen. You’re asking people to catalogue a Q&A when Greg has existed outside the Q&A canonising and replying left and right, an aspect even mentioned in an older podcast was that Lego had kind of reeled in Greg in recent years to only answer in the Q&A.

A few people made topics asking for things to be canonised. To get a full database of Greg’s actions you’ll need to catalogue more than just the Q&A. Greg also expanded out of the Q&A to answer fans on a few other topics on occasions in the earlier days.

Want a full data base of Greg’s activity on the LMB?
Well, you’re not going to get it with just the Q&A topic.

Technically true, the app is not going to be a replacement in terms of another site you access on the Lego website. The app is going to be a seperate entity that effectively serves the same functions just improved.

1 Like

I’ve never actually contributed, but I’ve been browsing them.

1 Like

I hope so. From what I could see of the app seemed to just be based off pictures, but it’s hard to tell without owning and using the app.

Okay.

1 Like

I mean you would be right if he was requesting a full database of every single thing Greg may have said, but since he’s not I fail to see what point you’re trying to make.

5 Likes

What part of my request mentioned an entire data base of his full LMB activity?

I’ll answer that for you.

None of it.

This conversation is over. To everyone else, thank you for your help. I appreciate it and I hope our efforts will be successful.

10 Likes

It’s really sad since I grew up with these message boards years back.

also

LET THE @ELJAY GAMES BEGIN

7 Likes

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This CAN’T be happening! :weary: The Lego Message Boards has literally been one of the closest things I’ve ever been to, what with my contact with the Ninjago community, making theories, having fun with other fans, posting stories (one of which I haven’t even finished posting, being like 1,960 or so pages!), all that stuff! :cry:

And they’re CLOSING IT?! :anguished: But… why?! :persevere: I mean, the LMBS has made such a HUGE community and whatnot, and now they’re basically killing them off! :astonished:

It’s not like it was something Lego ignored, either- They hosted the Write like a Ninja contest on the LMBs, and of course there was Greg’s return to that topic!

…Sorry if I seem emotional. :sweat: But, if I’ll be 100% honest- I AM. :confused:

Oh, well. :pensive: I guess I’m going to have to move here for now… hopefully someone will take up Eljay’s offer ASAP. I guess I’ll be posting here now- Who knows? Maybe a HUGE part of the LMB community will migrate to the TTV boards to discuss LEGO topics now? :neutral_face: That’d be nice to see.

In the meantime, it looks I’ll be spending a lot of my time HERE now, soon. :exx::mask::gregf::tuma:

2 Likes

Thanks Minecraft Story Mode

You always know exactly what to say

25 Likes

I feel for you. I could barely keep it together explaining why I was upset to my dad.

Personally, I’m hoping a lot of my friends from the Bionicle forum move here, and I’m trying to find a way to encourage that within Lego’s rules.

3 Likes

At least the LMBs went out with a bang.

14 Likes

One last hurrah, huh.

4 Likes

Yeah, that was one thing that bugged me about the LMBs- How some people would randomly resurface a long-dead topic, like a person dragging a dead fish corpse from the bottom of the lake to the surface. I mean, just let the topic DIE, man! :expressionless:

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re so upset. It’s quite a sad situation for all parties involved. On the plus side, welcome! Hope you have a ton of fun here, too. Spread the word and maybe we can grow our Ninjago community.

-Mesonak

13 Likes

Technically true, the app is not going to be a replacement in terms of another site you access on the Lego website. The app is going to be a seperate entity that effectively serves the same functions just improved.
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but even worse than that. Here’s what WhiteAlligator said about it: “LEGO Life will not have a chat feature. There will be commenting in LEGO Life and the usual posting available in the LEGO.com galleries.”

1 Like

What format do you want these in? Would a series of saved webpages be okay? I have a way to do it, but I want to make sure that’s what we’re looking for.

1 Like

If we can grow it enough, then maybe we can have a Ninjago Role-play forum? because the Ninjago RP on the LMBs has really held strong as a community, being one of the 10 currently active/still up RP subforms, we’ve gone through the most resets out of the LMBs, as far as I’m aware. We’ve had 2 resets, and unfortunately, the last one, was last year in February, so we never really had a chance to develop, and we’re really in need of a place to go after the LMBs shut down. :frowning: So if there could be a Role-play forum here, that would be great. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m open to any options. I’m not looking for any particular method. If there would be a way to search though it using specific words, that’d be preferred.

2 Likes

Yeah, it WOULD be pretty cool if nearly the whole LMB community came over here (at least in my opinion) as it’s always nice to see the TTV community grow and you guys post REALLY good content that I feel needs to be known more, and having a massive surge of users could be some sort of good publicity, I suppose.

Mostly, though, I look to TTV and the LMBs for my Lego discussions (alongside RyanandDavyd, but he’s not going anywhere… probably…).

Although, if a big portion of the LMB community DID come over, you’d have to do a LOT for staffing and whatnot. :confounded:

3 Likes

That could be a good or bad thing… :slight_smile:

5 Likes