Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

And some said 2017 would be better…

4 Likes

Well, time to get in contact with the old LOTR folks in round-about ways that don’t break the LMB rules :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What impact would breaking said rules really have if the forums are going down anyway?

3 Likes

The Mods are still enforcing all the rules until the day no more posts can go through. For those of us who want to contact people who we don’t know off site, we need to be careful and crafty in doing so.

2 Likes

Could we get forty dollars cash instead?

1 Like

Precisely. The mods still won’t be approving posts with information about other sites.

1 Like

I had no doubt that it would ever end up differently, with the alluring nature of Eljay’s prize.

It probably wouldn’t be too tough to convince Farshtey to come over to these boards, if we could institute an age verification system á la Facebook.
@IllustriousVar Would you or any of the other site admins be open to that sort of idea, assuming that it’s a technological possibility?

If you aren’t thirteen, just say that you are. Age verification is a joke. There’s nothing remotely adult on this site, and there never should be. Thank you for helping to maintain the appropriate nature of this site.

4 Likes

@Eljay

FINISHED! Did it programmatically. Uploading to Google Drive now.

2 Likes

ok then.

you’re still gonna have to wait to send it, and update it.

1 Like

A warning ahead of time, the answer is no.

Just going off what I know about Eljay :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Of course we have to archive the “Ask Greg” topic. Future generations need to know that Greg likes pizza.

4 Likes

Hahaha, same here. I’m using a simple macro to save the html files for each page, and now I’m thinking I might stop it. Looks there are several other better renditions that have been done. Which is awesome. I’m glad to see that those exist, cuz my version is pretty lame :grin:

1 Like

Would somebody mind going into a bit more in-depth of an explanation on how this is done? I have another topic from the board that I’d like to save for myself.

1 Like

Screenshots, manual copying, or if you know where to find them there are websites that can even make a private copy of the Lego message boards

1 Like

The private copy is what I’m looking for (I think).

1 Like

Then you need to make sure you have enough storage first

1 Like

A warning ahead of time, the answer is no.

Just going off what I know about Eljay :stuck_out_tongue:

This smart cookie would be correct. =P

10 Likes

Hear that Ek!?

###You’re a cookie

10 Likes

Chocolate chip, actually. But I don’t discriminate against such mortal non-cookies as yourself.

12 Likes

Why thank you.

Are sentient cookies as tasty as normal ones?

6 Likes