Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

I don’t know if this is the right place or how many of you were ever on the Lego.com’s Message Boards, but here’s some news for you. They’re closing it down.

https://community.lego.com/t5/COMMUNITY-CHAT/Retirement-FAQs/m-p/14513719#M2686987

19 Likes

News video is coming soon.

I’d like to offer you all a challenge, as you will all soon hear about in said video.

The first person to archive the ENTIRE Greg Farshtey Q&A topic and give it to me in a proper, readable format will be given a one-of-a-kind Message Board Badge, as well as a free LEGO set $40 or less of their choosing.

Keep in mind, it must be kept updated to the very point where the MB closes. So I want everything from the first post to the last. Thank you.

34 Likes

do you want it updated, or all at once?

2 Likes

The first person to get me the full, complete, entire topic. So I want it all at once, but I want the final version. First person that gives me that wins.

5 Likes

Holly heck. I mean, of all the places to best this, I’m not sure why here, but good god man. Can’t wait to see what comes of this.

Wait, is that even a thing?

2 Likes

is the deadline when it becomes read-only, or when the site fully dies?

2 Likes

Hmm, LMBs closing.

I can’t say there is much love lost but I will miss the opportunity to chat with Greg.

4 Likes

I need it before the site is taken offline for good, so it’ll be between then and the read-only mode date.

4 Likes

ok then.

prepares a Google Doc

5 Likes

Well, this is an interesting development. Not sure how to get a readable format, but I’ll do some research.

2 Likes

Ctrl+V, a google doc, and a lot of time.

Make quality of life changes and you’ll be good.

4 Likes

So, 800 pages of archiving EACH AND EVERY comment, with username and date, does that suffice ?

4 Likes

Knock out repeated questions probably.

2 Likes

I’m not expected to actually read all 800 pages am I ?

2 Likes

Nope, I want everything. All of it, intact, complete. No need to do any cherry picking or sifting, just a copy + paste of it all how it is.

4 Likes

Do you want all pages in a single PDF Format, or will 800+ PDFs suffice?

2 Likes

But do you want just the questions, or the signature of the users as well, I’m not quite sure just how complete you want it.

2 Likes

Then I misinterpreted what you meant by “readable format”

I expected additional repeated comments to be considered clutter.

2 Likes

Ideally, one PDF. But if you have to, I suppose I can accept more.

I’ll need usernames to figure out who Greg is, at least.

3 Likes

Gee I wonder where all the 10 year olds will go to discuss Lego now?

27 Likes