Lego Overwatch Discussion/Speculation Topic

Interesting that they already made one set available to buy as an “exclusive”

1 Like

At first I wasn’t sure about the head, but seeing it from an angle, it looks awesome.

Unfortunately, I don’t love the skin (or playing the character) enough to spend $25, but I’m excited for future sets.

EDIT: Turns out the parts I thought were little weird stubs on his head are actually the turret on his back, so I’ve got to problems now, just that he needs to be sized down in later sets

5 Likes

If they turn out to all be buildable figures, I will flip

2 Likes

Anybody else think its weird that the first official set released for the line is a off color version of one of the characters? I mean, it was safe to assume that we would be getting skin variants and such in the line, but not for the first set.

2 Likes

Yeah. I guess lego didn’t want to go overboard?

They might make a non-exclusive version with the default skin. I think the colors were just because it was a Blizzard Exclusive kinda thing.

1 Like

That I can understand, but what I find strange is that this is the very first set in the line.

If Lego were doing a Tf2 line, would you want the very first Demoman minifig to look like this

Or like this?

You would think they would want to have the special color exclusive stuff out after all the retail sets have hit shelves. I also think its weird how far ahead this set is compared to all the others, seeing as outside of this one, we have no idea what any of the other Overwatch sets are going to be like, but we already have one out and ready to buy.

3 Likes

I… don’t do that here.

(Black Panther)

I’m not a fan of TF2, sorry.

1 Like

Its a hypothetical question. My point is you would want the very first representation of a character to look like the stock version in the game. The one players and fans are most familiar with.

1 Like

oh, yeah. I agree.

sorry 'bout the confusion there.

2 Likes

Nah. Its fine.

But Tf2 is totally better by the way

2 Likes

Yes, titanfall 2 is better.

How nice of you to agree with me.

lol jk :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

As meep said it’s probably just because it’s an exclusive

2 Likes

if TF2 did have a LEGO line (though that is a BIG if due to the game’s violence and such)

but this is a better way to do a line

sell normal sets with base figures, then sell blind bags or something akin to Bionicle mask packs, where cosmetics are obtainable

4 Likes

That’s a really good idea

1 Like

And Overwatch is any different?

1 Like

There isn’t really as much blood in overwatch, and it’s more sci-fi.

1 Like

It still has a bunch of people running around shooting and killing each other. Granted most of them don’t explode into various body parts, but I still think if violence was an issue, Overwatch would be just as unlikely to get a line as Tf2.

2 Likes

yes, Overwatch is majorly different
for starters, the game’s violence is very minor, small splatters of blood, whilst TF2 has people exploding into pieces, dismembering and more blood

Language is also a tad bit more explicit in TF2 as well

4 Likes

That is a big difference.

2 Likes

Except the orange Bastion isn’t really much different from normal Bastion. The body design is identical to the default skin, so I don’t think people would be that confused to see an orange one.

Not to mention the fact that the Bastion set is an exclusive geared towards people who are already familiar with and fans of Overwatch. First set or not, you need to consider the target consumers, and in this case it’s Overwatch players and collectors who are already familiar with the orange Bastion units.

3 Likes