Lego Overwatch Discussion/Speculation Topic

I agree. As a player and lover of the game, the LEGO sets are fantastic little souvenirs (I myself am waiting for the release of the LEGO Wrecking Ball set). But even if you don’t play the game, from what I’ve seen, the sets are really great just as toys. The Reinhardt, D.va, and Bastion sets are probably some of the best System action figures LEGO’s released so far, and the other playsets have really cool and unique minifigures, locations, and pieces.

4 Likes

I hope LEGO Overwatch ends as soon as possible.

@LegoDavid Your feelings about Overwatch are how I feel about Minecraft. So many basic bricks. Might as well go on bricklink and order a massive tub of gray bricks for pennies on the dollar.

3 Likes

I think the Overwatch and Minecraft themes ain’t that bad. while I don’t play Overwatch I have played Minecraft and both the Theme’s sets I think are great!

well not everyone wants to see it end, there are Overwatch Fans that also like Lego and want to get the Sets. this also goes with Minecraft, people want to Collect Merchandise form they’re Favorite IPs because they really like it.

Exactly

VERY Exactly!

2 Likes

The minecraft sets’ relatively high price-per-piece ratio/low value propositions perplex me. I’ll need to do more in-depth research with them. From what I’ve seen, they’re great at getting kids to be creative (just like the Overwatch sets have the potential of getting kids into creating their own character-based storylines). We’ve got tubs of broken down Minecraft sets that our LUG puts out as playbrick at events and the kids love it.

2 Likes

Well you say that to every other Lego licence theme that you hate because you are sound like a broking record.

4 Likes

Is there anything wrong about liking or not liking something?

And I mean, it’s not like the sets have sold brilliantly well or anything.

1 Like

How do you know that? We haven’t heard anything about how well the sets are selling

3 Likes

Well, a few mouths ago I asked a employee from my local LEGO Store how well they have sold, and he said they have sold poorly. I am not sure about other areas, though.

1 Like

That was one employee from one LEGO store in one region. Not exactly a representative sample size. There’s nothing wrong with not liking something David. But please don’t try to pass off your opinions as objective facts. It’ll only anger and frustrate people.

6 Likes

If you’re more involved in the Lego communities and know of places like Bricklink, perhaps so. But if we look at the majority of consumers, like parents, they don’t know about Bricklink. And it is very likely that their kids also don’t know about Bricklink either. All they know is that they like Minecraft, they like Lego, and there it is all prepped for them on the shelf. No need to hunt down parts through third-party vendors to try and make what you want.

2 Likes

Perhaps this is a case of weight rather than number of pieces? The larger blocks do have more mass.

Even though my regular LEGO purchasing patterns usually involve the Minifigure series and Spider-Man movies, I would probably say that Overwatch is my favorite theme. It’s on of my favorite video games, and the sets are spectacular. They’re iconic unlike the Marvel sets (which are still really good), give LEGO plenty of opportunities to craft awesome mechs that would feel like repeats in Ninjago or Super Heroes, and are overall just well-built and designed.

I really hope this line lasts. Maybe we can get cool skins after a bit, which would be really fun to see. Plus, the Brick Bastion skin is nearly proof that this partnership has to continue.

3 Likes

I’ve never played as Junkrat or Roadhog (in my limited experience, I just wound up getting killed a bunch by Junkrat’s rip tire and Roadhod’s chain-shotgun combo.

But man does this set look gorgeous. Oversized vehicle that actually makes sense (cough unlike the Star Wars speeders cough). And some awesome premium-quality minifigures.

The only thing that could have made this better was arm printing for Junkrat.

4 Likes

I was real surprised that Roadhog’s head was a mining helmet.

4 Likes

I can’t wait to get this set! I’m so stoked! Roadhog! Sidecar! Pachimari!

I don’t think I can even stop squealing like I’m 7. I’m ready for this to get put into my Walmart and then into my arms like an angelic package from a Denmark-shaped heaven.

4 Likes

I’m definitely going to get wrecking ball. I don’t even PLAY overwatch, but Wecking Ball looks like such a phenomenal set.

3 Likes

Honestly!
It looks so cool.

1 Like

Overwatch is returning in 2022.

Purple battle droid arms ftw. It’s a shame they put such a handy part in a blizzard/activision set though. The yellow technic cams and orange hordika necks are still overwatch exclusive too.

2 Likes

Did this ever release? I don’t recall ever seeing it in stores.

2 Likes

Ooh, I can weigh in on this! I’ve seen videos about this set.

The answer is no. Due to something about Blizzard getting into hot water, Lego cut ties with them and this set ended up canceled before it could hit retail. Though a very small number did manage to make their way into the hands of a few collectors.

3 Likes

if so is there any online instructions out there? mostly want to see the building techniques and maybe use them for some mocs

3 Likes