LEGO Prototypes Discussion

IKR it’s pretty underwhelming

1 Like

Is this official? Were they actually planning to feature Earth in HF?
That would have been pretty cool

5 Likes

They did, actually; one of the missions mentioned on the site had the heroes going to earth.

4 Likes

The early years of HF marketing had them helping humans on earth. Not sure if it was ever featured in the story, as the marketing phased it out after the first year.

6 Likes

Matoro’s supposed death actually teleported him to Bara Magna, but he wanted his teammates to think he was dead…

2 Likes

That explains why he was in the first 2009 teaser.

3 Likes

IIRC, that was because they hadn’t designed Mata Nui yet, so they used Matoro Inika as a placeholder.

1 Like

Speaking of, it seems Mata Nui also had this sort of placeholder/prototype in what was probably a magazine.

I remember seeing those and knowing that I’d dread whatever Bionicle’s replacement was gonna be.

8 Likes

Lol good thing that humans never made it into HF.

That Mata Nui looks fairly similar to the final, except the weapon and hands are different, I think the Ignika might be a different shape, the Metru chest cover appears to be on the back instead of the front, and the Mistika chestplate appears to be one pin lower.
EDIT: After looking at the scan on BioMedia Project, he’s facing away from the camera, meaning that the Metru chest cover is on the front and not the back.

Could you post these images again, links went dead.

it’s very ugly, that’s for sure.
maybe it’s marendar?

5 Likes

I thought it was supposed to be tren krom

nah, tren krom’s red

There’s one photo of the sphere carrier I’m aware of (from this topic), assuming that’s what you’re looking for.

Is that an actual prototype?

4 Likes

well i found it on Biosector01, don’t know what it si though.

I haven’t done any research on it yet, but based on the parts used and general appearance, I suspect that this guy’s an early draft of one of the 2008 makuta

3 Likes

Huh, you’re right. I’m just surprised because I did a deep-dive on the prototypes like a month ago and it wasn’t there :sweat_smile:

This model was revealed during the 8/10 Contributors Panel is why you fake fan!!1!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the assumptions about it being tren krom were born entirely from it being jokingly referred to as “beard krom”

I don’t think the concept of marendar had been created when this prototype was made but I could be wrong.

1 Like