Lego Space Timeline Theory

It was even more lackluster an ending than BIONICLE Gen 1.

Too soon?

I always had the idea of Blacktron and Futuron happening after the classic space era, when minifigs settled in space permanently. The classic space era promised a new age of technology and living for an optimistic Lego galaxy.For humans, a task of this feat had never been done on an interstellar level. It would surely put the human race on the galactic map. Everything was checked and checked again. After getting to the first few systems, everything was fine. Research was done, star catalogs were expanded more than ever and the hope of discovering extraterrestrial life was around the corner.

It all seemed swell, until a dispute with commanding officers went so far that astronauts felt demotivated and wanted out. The era of happy optimism was on its knees. Few astronauts were truly happy, and decided to band off as Futuron, and pretty much fleed before everything went downhill. Fights broke out, until a war raged across multiple solar systems. Eventually what was left decided to also band together as Blacktron.

Futuron aimed for a better future, while Blacktron was more aggressive, lashing out at other systems, trying to grow and take over as much as they could, like wandering nomads. Blacktron, due to their aggressive nature stuck around far longer as Futuron eventually faded into other groups. This earned humans a bad rep, thus the reason there were alien invasions later in the future.

This stuff is kinda fun to think about actually. :slight_smile:

Sorry for going off onto my own thing.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good theory as well. Maybe LEGO should release a product line that hints at a couple of their older space themes, just as little references here or here.

2 Likes

Interesting theory.

Dr. Cyber from Time Cruisers was mentioned as a NASA scientist in the July-August 1996 issue of Mania Magazine. There is an Ice Planet helmet in 6494 Mystic Mountain Time Lab which means they visited Krypto at one point.

Aquazone is heavily implied to take place on an alien planet. All of the sets from this theme have these weird blue rock formations in their boxarts that do not exist on Earth. The Aquasharks appear in an Insectoids Puzzle Book on the Insectoid’s refuge world Holox. The book also explains the origins of the Zotaxians (the Insectoid guys) and why they fly around in giant insect-like ships.

2 Likes

As far as Time Cruisers then, it still doesn’t need to be on the list. Even if they visited Krypto, they don’t encompass a time period relevant to the timeline. And, as Aquazone is in space, I’ll put it on the list in the mining era. Also, the figures in Insectoids weren’t in fact insectoid- they were hiding from the actual insectoid aliens in their insect ships.

Yeah I know that the Zotaxians are cyborgs and “Insectoids” refers to their ships, not the people. If you want to have an accurate timeline I suggest including Time Cruisers because they do interact with the Exploriens and the Ice Planet explorers, effectively making them space travelers. A German radio drama explains that Time Cruisers originate in 3777 AD which pinpoints a date you can use for your timeline. :thumbsup:

Anyway, there’s tons and tons of story information involved in LEGO Space and I’ve gotta give you props for sorting it all out.

2 Likes

Wow, you apparently know a lot more about space than I. I will still not add time cruisers to the timeline, though, as a) no other time travel is involved, and they don’t seem to have made an impact over all and b) If I was to add it, I would want to learn more about it, and unfortunately, I don’t speak nor understand German.

2 Likes

Fair enough. The timeline isn’t very clear when you only consider Space themes. It’s when you really study LEGO media you start to realize that Space will occasionally interact with a completely separate theme that gives you a point of reference in the timeline. For instance the November-December 2011 LEGO Club Magazine dictates that the AC alien Hypaxxus-8 helped create the ancient pyramids of Egypt and weaponized the Manta Warriors of Atlantis, thus putting an alien invasion at the start of the timeline.

And then after everything else except insectoids, the minifgures expanded the earth through terra forming and evovled into the Great Beings…

KIDDING, JUST KIDDING! To be fair, Bionicle does have a decent amount of space travel in it.

Anyways, I like how you took all these themes and worked them into a timeline. It’s pretty cool I must say.

3 Likes

Honestly, if BIONICLE was linked to any other theme I wouldn’t be that surprised.

Kind of a stretch…

What do you mean?

I always assumed that, while Hypaxxus 8 did those things, he did them before the main events of Alien Conquest. I guessed those aliens just had really long life spans.

Probably. They have long life spans or they can time travel or they found a way to preserve themselves for thousands of years through some other means.