Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

What if “Darth Vader” isn’t actually referring to the Darth Vader, but someone else who takes up his mantle and thus his name? Kylo Ren mayhaps?

Or what if DV comes back as a force ghost and we get a set with a whole bunch of transparent parts?

~W12~

4 Likes

This guy repainted jago fett to look like boba fett, it looks kinda neat, it kinda gives us an idea of what it will probably look like
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322571321986

3 Likes

Ven needs to see this.

Welp, I guess Ekimu was a villain after all.

17 Likes

That Boba custom looks sick, but the E-11 seems way too big IMO.
Also, what if Vader is like the Walgreens Exclusive one where it’s him being electrocuted?

3 Likes

another idea, what if we get an armorless vader?

just thinking of ways that will get us a different figure

Guys, the most probably idea is that we will get a burned Anakin Skywalker with some Darth Vader armor.

I’d hope we get a normal Anakin. Unless they’re doing the minor costume changes between movies, but it’s beyond me why they would do that.

1 Like

maybe the leak wasn’t really correct, and the set would be Anakin, or maybe the read “Darth” and inatantly thought of darth vader, but in reallity it’s darth maul?

2 Likes

Whoo a new red. Perhaps call it Maul red?

Or Palpatine…

1 Like

So, it looks as though the Russian incarnation of shop.lego.com went ahead and released photos of the new TLJ figs, 75526 and 75528 through 75530. Why is it almost always Russia?

Obviously I can’t link to them, but they look fantastic. For those who are interested:

[spoiler]75526 is “Elite Tie Fighter Pilot”. Though it bears a pretty strong resemblance to the Death Trooper, it has some noticeable differences, such as some sort of technic-constructed flight suit a la Poe Dameron and a bizarre, red and black headsculpt.

75528 is Rey. She’s got exposed hair(!), a selection of printed light bley parts, and a recolor of the lower leg shell in dark brown. Additionally, she uses Jyn Erso’s torso plate, and comes with a lightsaber.

75529 is “Elite Praetorian Guard”. He or she is phenomenal. Seriously, this may be the best SWC set at the 25 USD price point yet. We’re looking at three or four new recolors in Mata Red, several other parts that haven’t been seen in said color since early HF, and a new G2-esque blade piece with a pin add-on. There’s a cloth component on both this one and Rey.

75530 is Chewbacca. Unfortunately, TLG may have began to drop the ball here; the set is big, and full of interesting parts, but they don’t do a great job of meshing together well. The new wrap-around shell shows up printed, eight times, and the headsculpt is among the worst of the SW figs so far, as far as I’m concerned. On the bright side, he looks as though he includes a working crossbow, which is incredible in and of itself. As in, you pull back and the projectile launches. The large beast feet show up recolored as well.[/spoiler]

You can probably find the images on the legoleaks subreddit pretty readily.

7 Likes

Wow. Chewbaca surprised me, and the figure looks great. I also like Rey, but the other two seem a little boring IMO.

3 Likes

Is that a dark brown CCbS bone I see?

2 Likes

I think i’d like rey quite a bit more if her forehead wasn’t the size of Africa.

9 Likes

Interestingly enough, the guard has an armor similar to that of Knights’ Kingdom.

2 Likes

I love the guard.

I finally can get myself some Mata red ccbs shells that aren’t chestpieces.

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised by the figure selection here. However, I’m disappointed that we have two ‘army builders’.

As for the builds, most of them seem re-used, with the exception of Chewbacca. That’s pretty disappointing, IMO. I’m not going to say much more, since these are leaks, but there are some neat recolors here, and some new parts, so that’s schway.

Ugh.

I was excited about the new armor add-on on the red guy until I realized that it and the shell are all one piece.

~W12~

Agreed. The only one that really bothers me in terms of build is the pilot, however. But I do have to say that the guard looks awfully preliminary. There seems to be no printing on the helmet, and very little on the torso. Hopefully more high quality images will show more detail…

1 Like