Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

I only saw one $20 set on the price leaks.

The Guard has a Basher-like construction, but the function itself preforms like a Rahkshi.

And did anyone else notice the red 4M shells has printing?

6 Likes

BIONICLE’s legacy lives on.

8 Likes

didnt even see that

yeah we kinda talked about that

we also talked about that

1 Like

I know, but I wanted to post the photo, so people could see what I’m referring to.

1 Like

No, Rey is 25 Euro/USD. It’s all in the link. Just ask me.

1 Like

yup, lego is back raising the price because they can

1 Like

Well that’s a pain. What about a website like EBay?

Why though? Rey, now $25, has 85 pieces, Praetorian Guard has 92, but the $20 troop has 94…more than both of those sets…

and umarak had 171 pieces, and he was only 20€

the “star wars” tag raises the price a lot

3 Likes

I guess so, but most of the system SW sets have the same PpP ratio as an inhome theme.

1 Like

The troop set might have more smaller technic pieces, while the others have fewer technic parts and more larger ccbs pieces. Sure it’s not the same number of pieces, but the amount of plastic used to make those pieces. If there is one large piece that has the same amount of plastic as 100 smaller pieces, it will likely drive the price up.

1 Like

My country doesnt have Ebay support. It does have its own local ebay like site that I already used for buying two Bionicle related sales.

So, I did a little research. Here’s the cold, hard data on whether or not LEGO jacks up the prices on Star Wars constractions sets to a signicant degree.

They totally do. By more than double.

After a bit of data mining on Brickset.com to straighten out all of the data, only four of the twenty SWC sets yet released have price per piece ratios under 20 cents, and of the sets in question, only K-2SO and Baze Malbus were released in the past year. The average price per piece ratio for SWC sets, including the four that are due out in two months, comes out to 23.7 cents. (For the record, this is all in USD for now, folks.)

According to this apparently reputable article by WIRED Magazine from August of 2014, which is written by a serious fan, the average piece, period, costs 10.4 cents. That’s insane. Disney, or LEGO, or both, is certainly scamming everyone.

-Azani

1 Like

They can scam everyone they are capable of scamming, cause people let them.

1 Like

and that ladies and gentlemen is why I give my money to bootlegs

2 Likes

So it looks like Baze and Chirrut are $5 off on Shop at home. Not much, but it’s something.

2 Likes

Oddly enough, they are still listed as new while the Scarif Stormtrooper isn’t.

Everyone seems to drooling all about the Elite Guard and I can agree since his color isn’t dull from black, grey, white, or tan despite being fully red.

3 Likes

I cant agree since he has a dumb helmet design.

2 Likes

For sure, and the prices continue to fall. At the moment, Baze, Imperial Death Trooper, and Finn have somehow gotten down to 10 USD off, and Jyn Erso is even cheaper. (But the ones that I’m selling on this site are even cheaper. :stuck_out_tongue:)

On the subject of the upcoming figures, the Rey set is probably my least favorite, as it ends up being the worst as far as value for money is concerned on a piece-by-piece basis. That said, I might try to buy the headpiece on its own, since it’s pretty generic.

As a side note, I went ahead and bought a mostly complete Darth Vader and a likewise partially complete Clone Commander Cody off of eBay for the combined price of 4.50 USD, including shipping. I’m kind of shocked by how tiny Cody’s helmet looks in comparison to the rest of the figure.

1 Like

Now I know why the Magna Guard looks dumb

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-016.jpg
The skirt thing goes above the torso armor, and the torso shell thats suppose to be the torso armor has barely any texture shape as with the Movie version. The movie version has no belt texture, its layer plate armor that doesnt narrow in the same way as the stormtrooper armor and its variants.

His helmet looks cooler in the movie version from three simple reasons. the head part is more narrow, and the upper head part is longer, and the chin part has a nicer angle similar to what you would see on the First Order troopers helmets.

If they were going to make a new shell add on, why not also make a new one for the lower parts of the arm? placing printing for something that is clearly suppose to be three-dimensional makes it look cheap.

Im bashing this set cause I really want it to be amazing, and its just not kutting it. I prefer the movie version because its has layered plate armor, torso armor over skirt, and a nicer proportioned helmet. The lego version just looks off. It felt like that even before I saw the movie version, having seen it now, it just cements the feeling even more.

The torso shell only works if you have a stormtrooper /clonetrooper armor type of a figure, otherwise it just does not work for figures who are suppose to have differently shaped torsos.

PS: I would have prefered these dudes helmets more due to it being a more simplistic variation thats able to be used even outside of the line.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi-014.jpg
The one with the sword just looks boss.

6 Likes