Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

Well, they seem to use characters that are usually in battle, so that kids would want to play with them more. I doubt Leia will do much fighting in TLJ, unfortunately.

Yes, but here isn’t about money, is about conscience. They have this line for 18 years. Leia deserve this. She deserved to be a Disney legend!

1 Like

Lego isn’t a tribute line. They’re a toy line.

~W12~

9 Likes

True, but at least once, for a line who gave them money for 18 years…

These figures were already being developed when Carrie was still with us. Also, a constraction figure doesn’t seem to me like the best tribute. I think we’ll see something minifig-wise though.

5 Likes

If it’s action sets that they make, there could always be a set of Leia from Return of the Jedi later on, when we don’t have a movie.

~W12~

2 Likes

So, a ton of folks like the SWC figures as army builders, or sources of easily used CCBS parts, and Leia, unfortunately, wouldn’t do a fantastic job of meeting either of those requirements. On top of that…

I agree 100%.

Nah, they can fit both. Not sure why that would be the case… You and I are both humans and TTV fans. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would rather they dont make a Leia Ultra Build, since no human figure has ever had a nice sculpted face that looks on par with the actor.

1 Like

If this could be the reason, then we wouldn’t have Rey.

Rey actress is not dead and with that extend would not be a large issue if it werent nice looking in comparison if you did it to character of an actress that died . People tend to not tolerate such stuff when it comes to respecting the dead, and even actively go against such disrespects in a larger amount than if it werent someone who is dead.

People gave flack for Rogue One portrayals of the desceased actors, despite being done in the best way possible for the time and not including them in the story would make no sense and lacking.

2 Likes

True.
There are dead actors in Rogue One?

Leia, and tarkin.

1 Like

Wasn’t Carrie still alive when they made Rogue One? They just needed CGI for the young Leia.
Am I remembering wrong?

~W12~

1 Like

yeah, Tarkin was the only one dead, which was the one who was in the uncanny valley

Irrelevant news since she died around the time Rouge One aired and people saw it as a surreal and awkward representation of a dead actor regardless because the two events happened relatively soon from each other.

Also pointless info to this discussion since it doesnt effect the issue that would happen if you made something even slightly disrespectful in LEGO form for her at this current point in time.

Never said it was. I just wanted to know which one was correct.

~W12~

1 Like

Who is tarkin?

Grand Moff Tarkin. You know, the guy with the grey hair that orders Alderaan’s destruction in A New Hope.

Oh, but he didn’t get a figure!

We were talking abut him appearin in Rogue one.

By the way, that actor died too, yet no one’s talking about how he should get a figure. What’s the deal with that?

~W12~

1 Like