Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

I saw Chewie at a walmart today. Didn’t feel like picking him up, tho

1 Like

So awhile ago, I mention the Chewbacca box is larger and is likely $30 dollars, I was wrong.
It’s actually $35, the same price as General Grievous:

http://i.imgur.com/iTf8Kac.png

I can’t believe something like this is comparable to Grievous (while yes Chewy has more prints and coverage, it still a departure from value):

6 Likes

Someone needs to compare Chewy and Greevy side by side and post pictures of them, only then can we start precieving the actual matter in a better light.

I apologize for the fact that you didn’t know that until know, as I said that Chewbacca was 35 USD over a month ago in this topic. Oops.

1 Like

I can see what you’re saying, but Chewie has almost 20 more parts than Vader (who is $30), and only has 7 pieces less than Grevious, and is actually pretty close in height, from what I can see in this review from Brickset.

That said, Grevious still feels like a much better deal for $35. And Chewbacca’s amount of prefab parts compared to Grevious’ is very disappointing.

5 Likes

Also want two Vaders to be compared at some point.

1 Like

Yeah, Chewbacca isn’t incredible, but I would definitely say that he’s worth 30 USD. He’s taller than Vader by almost two inches, and he lacks a lot of the bizarre proportional issues that Vader had while still including a custom torso build, tons of recolors, and solid poseability. He’s not terrible by any mean; probably somewhere near the 70th percentile of all SWC sets thus far, if 100th represents the best.

We’ll see what we can do once that, y’know, stops being physically impossible. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: No idea what the heck is wrong with the boards and their image encoding…

EDIT 2: Image embed removed, now linked directly to my hosted copy.

Uh…

EDIT 3: Check out these eBay listings, including 75530 Chewbacca for 23 USD, including shipping. They’re auctions, but one of us would probably win. Also, I tracked down thie awesome promotional spot that includes the new figures.

By the way, TLG did some really, really weird, uncanny promotion here.

1 Like

the heck is this

8 Likes

Red Guard: complete trash
Blue Guard: omg do want best guardu desu.

4 Likes

It’s a terrible 3D render of the completed model… not sure why it’s there.

You’re entitiled to your totally wrong opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m kidding, but seriously, that guard is incredible.

4 Likes

Im humbled that people copy my jokes.

3 Likes

It’s a gold, or should I say, azure mine for parts!

I wish it existed IRL…

Azani y u didnt post this here

5 Likes

Aw yeah, apologies for forgetting about that. I’ve had a lot going on IRL; additionally, I have been focused on a few other things online. Nice, right?

2 Likes

Is Chewbacca Dark Brown or Reddish Brown?

I see some people have bought the new sets. Yo set us up with some images of them all constructed.

Yes.

~W12~

Nice.

Reddish brown, though his ammo pack thing is Dark brown.

~W12~

That makes it even better :smile:.