Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

I mean, what are ya trying to say? Did I say something that annoyed you?

1 Like

No! I mean, if he is from 4, 5 or 6 doesn’t mean there need to be a difference. The character and his appearance is the same.

1 Like

Oh, sorry. Yeah, that must have just been me; it’s a little hard for me to tell over text.

And yeah, it doesn’t necessarily, but TLG might try to incorporate some of the slight differences in Vader’s appearance into the set. Looking back at the three films, he did vary on a small level from episode to episode, especially as far as the chest plate and helmet were concerned. I mean, I think that those were just production inconsistencies, but that hasn’t stopped other figurines from depicting them. That said, you’re probably right in that it isn’t that big of a deal. It’s more of a cool observation than a bit of new information.

1 Like

Yeah.

Alright, guys; after a decent amount of time spent searching, I found a bunch of preliminary images for Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and the favorite - Darth Maul. I’ve waited for a little while to show y’all these, because the leaks were pretty sparse, but we’re getting into November, and most people have been encouraging me to share these. There will certainly be more in the near future, and I haven’t had time to look much this week, but the ones that we have are clearly a pretty big improvement over the originals as far as detail is concerned - especially if you’re either of the spooky Sith Lords seeing release in the next six or seven months. They’re up on Instagram, but I may post them on a certain image and discussion board as well. Stay tuned.

75533 - Boba Fett - Strikingly, Boba is tall - immediately, he looms pretty largely from the Sarlacc, using the R1 wrap around shell in Silver and yellow-accented SWC shin shells in a solid burst of the same color. He might have a sand green chest in the final iteration of the design, because his vignette on the side of the box depicts him with one - though it is devoid of printing. And yeah, I’m 99% sure that there’s Mata Red on his left shoulder.

75534 - Darth Vader - So, this guy is bigger than the classic 2015 figure, actually. At least, I’m pretty certain; certainly, his torso and legs are longer, each having somehow gained two modules of additional height. There’s something going on in the guy’s lower midsection, as he’s got the Rogue One style codpiece, and something else - it’s possible that it’s just technic panels, but there may be some system at work. Vader’s human face is a little rough, but hopefully it’s still in the very early stages - and he includes the same chain piece found in Skull Slicer around his neck. Curious to see how that works.

75537 - Darth Maul - Maul is pretty unfinished, as the head and the product detailing suggest - however, he blows me away. A new pin add-on on the upper arms that resembles smooth, draping-and-falling cloth, a recolor of that awesome cloth element from 75529, and a hood-free head mold. We may have been able to discern that from the catalog, but no matter - this guy is phenomenal. We meet eyes with him as he’s breaking into a crazed, wild dash toward Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon, with those reactor-type towers in the background. The set also may include some kind of new torso element, though what I’m seeing may just be a preliminary stand-in for a more complex solution that we’ll catch in the final kit.

don’t care how the final model looks like, i’m still buying that boba fett no matter what

because it’s boba fett

3 Likes

and where can we find those pictures? I can’t seem to find them in the usual places

As I had mentioned:

Apologies for not specifying: find them under the user “azanianimate”. You’re not going to find them in any of your “usual places” yet - not sure what those would be.

2 Likes

well I’m 99% sure the shoulder is not mata red and it’s actually keetorange, just like his right one

1 Like

You might be right - to be honest, even last night, I was thinking that my figurative word choice may have been a little too strong for that one. We’ll see.

EDIT: The complete, native English product descriptions:

75533: Bring in the bounty with this buildable and highly posable LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett figure! The battle-scarred armor decoration with textile cape and helmet with lowering antenna/aiming device add a real feel of authenticity to this popular character from the Star Wars universe. Boba Fett is also armed with a blaster rifle with spring-loaded shooter and jet pack with integrated flick missile: the perfect accessories for tracking down bounties! 144 pieces. $24.99

75534: Rule with a plastic fist with this buildable and highly posable Darth Vader figure! This impressive figure features detailed armor and chest decoration, textile tunic and cape, and a detachable Lightsaber. Imperial leaders will love swinging his arm in battle using the wheel on his back, and lifting Lord Vader’s helmet to reveal the scarred face of fallen Jedi warrior Anakin Skywalker. 168 pieces. $39.99

Unbelievable, we finally get a removable helmet! But Boba doesn’t have one for some reason, darn. Oh and articulated fingers still don’t exist. Those ugly hands have been in production for almost seven years now. That clawed hand from the old Gorm set looks more convincing than the 2018 Vader’s. It’s time to be making some changes guys.

3 Likes

We got 2016 Ekimu, but that about it…

I rather drown in fist pieces than 2.0 feet.

6 Likes

I’d rather drown in Galidor pieces than 2.0 feet or hands because at least then I’d have some variety. Sorry if that comes across as rude, but lego has been really lazy with those pieces.

7 Likes

I dunno why everyone is using spoiler text but OK.

Honestly, I totally agree. The repetition gets boring. In Bionicle, the hands were all the same (I guess), but they had crazy amounts of feet molds as time went on.

6 Likes

Not sure why everyone is using spoiler text for that stuff, but it’s fine by me, I guess…

To be fair. TLG keeps innovating with CCBS in pretty much every way sans the hands and the feet, and the 2.0 hands are really awesome - not going to lie, I don’t see a lot of reason to replace those. That having been said, the feet are certainly a different story.

EDIT: It looks like I may as well share this now. :confused:

“There is no escape! Don’t make me destroy you. Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You’ve only begun to discover your power! Join me, and I will complete your training! With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy.”

-Darth Vader

Enjoy.

13 Likes

I really like it, looks better than the previous version

1 Like

That actually looks rather nice.

:smiley: That Cape tho…

Printing can make a difference. Looks pretty nice! The 5M looks odd, and so does the paneling, however. And the legs are just awful.

1 Like

Shame everything serms to fall apart after the waist, proportionally. Furthermore, look at his arms, they used extra long shells on those that will bump against the one’s below them, on the lower arms.