Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

Wow, he actually looks pretty good. I’m also quite satisfied with the inclusion of the large cape as well as the waist-cape-thing.

Alright. Sounds like an awesome idea to me. What were you expecting/wanting?

Yeah, the previous one didn’t really fit Vader in a number of ways - it was too bulky, not particularly detailed and a little messy on the textures. This one should have 168 pieces.

Nah,I can see that; it’s definitely a little rough around the lower torso. :confused: Not really sure what they were going for there…

Sure, it might be a little unfortunate, but IMO it matches the Vader in ANH pretty well; exactly ss intended. Are you extra sure about those shells? Looks like a pair of 5M A shells on each. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, guys, something weird can be seen in the inside of Vader’s left forearm - it can’t be part of the shell socket. New coverage?

3 Likes

I was expecting a ghost DV, a DV while is transformed, or even Anakin when he becomes evil.

I’m disappointed with that.

It’s five dollars more expensive than the last Darth Vader (which IMO was already a good model, besides the bulk). It has less pieces than the last one, and is less imposing or bulky than the last. The helmet looks too smooth as well. The last Vader had the perfect helmet, but this one doesn’t look the best.

Albeit, this one does look less clunky, but I just hate how they resorted to prints, has less pieces, and they expect to charge more for it.

Where did you found this picture? Was there one of Darth Maul too?

I’m not surprised because that is essentially the theme of all LEGO Star Wars sets.

Uh, I guess that you didn’t see the prelims that you were looking for, then.

I get what you’re saying, man, and I agree with most of it - except that this set has more pieces. I confirmed it today at Target. Not many more, but eight more over the 75111. That’s something.

Walmart.com, and nope, there were no other stills of upcoming CCBS figures.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, completely independent of the discussion regarding re-releases of characters… I’m pretty satisfied by this rendition of Vader. I consider him a definite improvement over his prior form.

• The cape construction, attachment, and general flow all look much better. The cape on the original DV flapped all over the place, whereas this new one seems to be oriented excellently thanks to the neck-chain. In addition, the new waist cape has some fantastic flow to it and I want the set for that alone.

• The printing on the torso plate, while not perfect, looks a lot better than the mish-mash of awkward pieces that made up the last Vader’s torso design.

• The general shaping of the neck and shoulder area looks much less… blocky and obviously technic-heavy than before; the aesthetic is very pleasant.

The only major issues seem to be the design of the legs (which will be mitigated and not obvious thanks to the waist cape), and the stubby and somewhat awkward looking arms. All things considered, I’m pretty intrigued by this set, and I’m looking forward to seeing its interior construction.

-Mesonak

10 Likes

I think the legs are ok, it’s the arms what fail

I can’t wait for the Vader set. I just really wish I didn’t get the original now. Hopefully some hi-res images of Boba Fett will come soon.

3 Likes

See, this is pretty much exactly what I’m thinking right now.

3 Likes

legs are nomarly not great on figures. im not sure why there hasnt been a new normal foot peice yet.they have added some new parts to covering the legs but still this dont come off great. it seems like most of the parts always go to the torso but rarely focus on the legos. arms are fine along with the heads as long as they arent human.

1 Like

Looking at the new images of the Vader my opinion has improved however I am slightly miffed that the panel on his chest is printed. That however is an easy fix with a few parts to cover it.

2 Likes

wog.ch have set images:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t link directly to the site. Also, there are more on other pages.

2 Likes

now you can clearly see both shoulder pads are keetorange

Does anyone else find it peculiar how they remolded the mando helmet just for a moving rangefinder? It seems a little ridiculous to me, but I guess the shaping is a little better, so what’s to complain about.

2 Likes

Hey look, the same 3 pieces they use for every single figure, what innovation.

Star Wars constraction was a mistake.

7 Likes

I can’t beieve that DV have a helmet, not a moldet piece!

Would include the Scarif Stormtroopers and Death Troopers, but thought it best to have a picture of purely the standard Imperial Stormtrooper.

13 Likes