Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

But I wanted the AT-RT so much :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Apparently Toys R Us is closing down across the US and UK, so, no wonder they didn’t buy any stock for those two sets.

4 Likes

Man KB Toys and now this. I don’t mind, I quit shopping there cause it was too expensive, main thing is lego is still in business but this will hurt their bottom line. When the day comes when all toys are sold online kids will stop caring due to the lack of physical product and lego will have to cater to a small group of afol hobbyists. Anyways we’re back in the early 00s again and lego’s going to have to seriously reconsider their business strategy.

2 Likes

Haha, no, we’re not. Not even close. TLG was losing money in the early aughts - last year, the pulled in more than $1 billion in pure profit. Sure, they could certainly be doing a bit better, but they’re doing light-years better than what we saw at the turn of the millennium.

1 Like

Profits fell by 17% last year. That’s not a good sign. I agree it’s not early 00s again but it’s headed there. Unless we get the lego movie 2.

3 Likes

Which is coming out next year…so maybe…

1 Like

And LEGO announced they overproduced hundreds of parts. Possibly good news for LUGs across the world, but all-around bad news for everyone else.

2 Likes

The LUGs across the world will keep building their mocs for shows and we will all have fun building things with it but at the end of the day lego is a learning tool meant for kids. It’s bad news for the future generation of kids but they’ll just move on to virtual bricks. Roblox minecraft. It’s all well and good but you can do way more with physical lego that you can in those programs imo. You can wrap tubing around things, you can cut tubing, you can paint, you can 3D print lego compatible masks, you can figure out shortcuts with npu, you can engineer models of functional robots and cars with technic, you can get into some history with castle and pirates etc.

4 Likes

By good news for LUGs, I meant they’ll have the chance of being gifted much more LEGO than is the standard. How likely that is is another story.

And I completely agree. The virtual market is definitely one of the reasons the LEGO company is having as hard a time as it is, and their efforts to compete have been laughable at best. Hopefully those generations who will come in the dimly lit future will find the joy of creating with their minds the ideas and imaginations that try desperately to spring forth into the plastic pieces around them.

That’s really the point of LEGO. Not to teach, but to create.

1 Like

A financially hurt Lego will give LUGs less product, no reason to give them extra. It costs time and money to produce the stuff, it doesn’t come out of thin air.

Lego must teach and create. This is key. If it doesn’t teach then there is no point, no deeper meaning, no reason for kids to come back.

3 Likes

A financially hurt LEGO who can’t sell the stuff they have will not come to the conclusion that they need to contain it and prevent anyone from getting to it. They’ve already confirmed they will not be lowering prices of current products to meet this financial issue, and they have a long history of sending sets and parts bags to LUGs around the world. This would only mean a year or so of quite a bit more.[quote=“Likus, post:1796, topic:6922”]
Lego must teach and create. This is key. If it doesn’t teach then there is no point, no deeper meaning, no reason for kids to come back.
[/quote]

A child that learns to use his hands to create from LEGO before anything else is a child who will not stay with LEGO, for that part of his childhood has been fulfilled. Most people that stick with the LEGO theme didn’t do so because they learned anything major from it, but because of what they were able to do with it.

1 Like

Most people that stick with the LEGO theme didn’t do so because they learned anything major from it, but because of what they were able to do with it.

Well shakespeare it’s a good thing I don’t stick with any one theme. You do realize that doing stuff with lego is creating right? You can create the same thing over and over again with a ccbs frame but in a sense you’re not creating anything at all, on a physical level. On a conceptual level you’re creating a new character so yeah I see your point.

3 Likes

You keep using sudo-intellectual words to try and make yourself sound smart and philosophical, but you clearly don’t know how to use them and it makes you come off as some foreign guy who doesn’t know how to use English properly.

You’re trying too hard to push a non sense point with what amounts to babel.

2 Likes

Sorry man, I say funny things sometimes but now I think it’s worn off.

1 Like

*psuedo-intellectual :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah I agree with Likus. If you aren’t learning from your LEGO, then you aren’t progressing as an artist. Having said that, this discussion has kind of gotten off topic, so I’d ask that you kindly redirect your attention to the likely dead line of Star Wars constraction figures.

*edit: I just realized that this convo was 8 days ago. Whoops.

6 Likes

Likely dead. :frowning:

There’s been a pretty incredible list of things to follow, especially in the TTV sphere, so here are a few more high-res shots of 75535 Han Solo ($24.99) and 75536 Range Trooper ($24.99). :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Y’know if that Range Trooper didn’t have those feet, and had a decent price, it wouldn’t be that bad. Those cloth pieces look especially useful.

11 Likes

I think lego should dispense with the pleasantries and give us the constraction to-scale star destroyer we’ve been asking for

4 Likes

When are these supposed to come out?

1 Like

Well, if you’re in the US, it should be April 20th. If you’re elsewhere, they might already be out; it’ll vary pretty significantly. :slight_smile:

1 Like