LEGO Star Wars Topic

I’m actually pretty excited for a few of the sets on the list.

Just some of my thoughts on the range of sets:

• The Quadjumper has a pretty legit design, so it’s pretty sweet that we’re getting a brick-form of it.

• A Rebel Hangar sounds awesome! I’m just hoping it’s large enough to fit an A-Wing, but if it could hold an X-Wing…

• I’m loving the idea of a set that takes place on the Eravana and judging from the price, a rathtar or two might be included.

• I’m actually kinda excited for another Vader Transformation set. The '05 version was my first LEGO anything after all.

4 Likes

I just want the updated Vader so I can compare it to the old one.

(Plus my old one’s helmet is pretty loose.)

2 Likes

The new Vader is pretty legit. The helmet might be a wee’ bit too tall for most, but I kinda like the more exaggerated proportion.

1 Like

Yeah, whenever I see images of it it seems too big for my liking.

1 Like

I thought the same about the Iron Man helmet, but it fits the scale quite well for me.

1 Like

Toys R’ Us is giving out the A-Wing Pilot with purchases $30 or more, starting on the 27th.

5 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the Vader transformation set. I might actually pick it up if the price feels justified.

Hopefully the newer battle packs are good. I wonder what they’d include that the Rogue One packs haven’t already covered. Personally, I really feel like there’s still so much more to be covered battle pack-wise from the Prequel era (it’s a shame that we don’t seem to be getting any more prequel sets).

Also, a Quadjumper set? Isn’t it a little early to be making sets out of blink-and-you-miss-it vehicles from TFA? Why not remake the TIE Bomber instead? I feel like that would have much more appeal (and use) then the Quadjumper.

Oh gosh, the colors on those renders look terrible. :astonished:

On a serious note, that’s actually a really cool promo. If only TRU had a loyalty program

Is the Y-Wing confirmed to be Rogue One inspired? I thought it’d be based off of Rebels Season 3. Also, do we know what’ll be in those battle packs?

5 Likes

Actually, TRU already kinda sorta has one:
https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/

This is really great.

1 Like

Well that’s Toys R Us for you.

It’s something like “Spend a hundred bucks and you’ll get five bucks to spend on whatever you want in the store.”

It’s basically The LEGO Store’s VIP program with less cool perks.

5 Likes

Yes. I saw the prelims of it before they were taken down. It seems about $69.99 to $79.99, and includes 5 minifigures: Rebel pilot, a silver astromech, Moroff, what looks like Cassian Andor in his Imperial officer disguise, and one other minifigure. Also someone found a totally legit Moroff mini figure. I won’t link it, but it should be on Instagram under the account delta.customs

Rebel Battle pack includes 4 Rebels, a bazooka, a turret behind a bush, and a great new speeder bike. Imperial Battle pack includes 2 Death Troopers, 2 plain white Stormtroopers, and a small walker that looks like a microfighter version of an AT-ST

1 Like

Regular stormies are awesome but Death Troopers? That seems like an iffy choice for a battle pack.

2 Likes

Why? They are on every piece of packaging.

1 Like

Death Troopers are not infantry units. It’d be silly to have an army be half regular stormies and half Death Trooper commandoes.

3 Likes

I see what you mean.
It definitely wouldn’t make much sense to have an army comprised of 50 percent regular Clones, and 50 percent ARC Troopers.

3 Likes

What about 2 regular, one death trooper and one shore trooper? That seems more likely to me

6 Likes

Yeah, but it was also silly when LEGO put Zev Senesca in a battle pack. It actually works out perfectly for me because I have Krennic’s shuttle and am planning to get 2 battle packs which in total would give me 6 Death troopers, which is the exact amount following Krennic in the beginning of the new trailer. I’m more surprised they included regular Stormtroopers, considering the price range of the sets they’ve been previously featured in.

I would offer evidence for the battle pack but I’d be banned for it. : P

@MavezIgnikari That’s what I hoped. Can only get 2 Shoretroopers in the Bunker Battle, which isn’t worth the $49.99 it’ll probably be.

It kinda already happened with the 2011 Clone Battle Pack. Remember how some people wound up with absurd amounts of Bomb Squad troopers?

(image source)

I could live with that. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be what we’re getting.

I guess kinda. I actually really liked his inclusion though. It provided a good way to build up a decent wing of Rebel Pilots (which I really love). All you have to do is Bricklink a few different helmets from over the years.

3 Likes

I just hope they make an AT-ACT. It would make up for the Bunker Battle. I know you might doubt me but it is like the miniature Assault on Hoth. I will make an LDD recreation of what I remember. Until then, I will say it has only 4 minifigures (Cassian Andor without coat, Jyn Erso in Ground crew disguise though it’s unknown if she’ll have a hair piece or not, a Shoretrooper exactly like the one in the TIE Striker, and a Shoretrooper without blue water camouflage), 2 small bushes, a couple exploding/collapsing antennas, an orange storage crate, a small landing area, a small doorway that’s supposed to represent the bunker, and a tan 32x16 baseplate holding it all on it.

2 Likes

A baseplate in a modern Star Wars set? What is this madness!?

3 Likes