LEGO Star Wars Topic

Even if it was LEGO who pushed it, they would have been doing it quickly to appease their tyrannical masters. Either way, it’s Disney’s fault.

Found this at a Target. Hilarious.

3 Likes

That set is actually disappointing to me. The First Order AT-ST has an interesting design, and they don’t give it a head. Who wouldn’t want the ‘pulling off the head’ thing to be a gimmick the set could do? I would! Pass for me, unless it gets really cheap.

4 Likes

looks like a 9-year-old’s moc

4 Likes

I beg to differ. The build seems quite detailed and complex. It has just about the same high level of detail as all the other Star Wars models on the shelf right now. My only major gripe with it (aside from the lack of a head) is that the guns seem pretty oversized.

The legs are exactly the same as the Rogue One AT-ST though, hell I’m pretty sure they even use the same stickers.

1 Like

True, but that makes sense since the two in-universe walkers have virtually identical legs and feet.

Would it have killed them to at least give us a top portion? You could have even had a function where it rips off like in the film.

I know, that’s what I said! It would have multiple functions. It would help kids reenact the film, and could act just as a “blowing up an AT-ST” gimmick. Kids would love that. This has to be one of the worst LEGO Star Wars sets in recent memory.

1 Like

I have recently been watching Rebels to catch up with my Star Wars lore and such, so I decided to look at Bricklink to see the sets that were released. As I did, I came across this minifigure (Commander Sato). Could @Jon’s desires in Lego be fulfilled right under our noses? (I’m referring to the skin tone he’s been wanting)

1 Like

Interesting. I never got that set because I wasn’t that into Rebels when it was released. Now I’m like “Kallus! Sato! Ahsoka! I want it!”

This minifig uses the regular LEGO tan color as a skin tone. An interesting choice.

1 Like

We got any CloneArmyCustoms fans here?

Here’s a custom Gregor I made. The only CAC piece here is the $4 helmet and the torso is a sticker I had printed for $0.78 I’d like to make a whole army of clones this way eventually and then blow them up.

just picked up a big lot of clone wars figures!

Don’t Double Post :wink:
-Hawkeye

3 Likes

You planning on following in the footsteps of the ILM model artists?

No I’m just a borderline pyromaniac.

As I grow older I happily accept my looming boomer mindset. As such I will continue to dismiss and insult anything else made past the time of the golden 2009-era clone wars figs. I can say the phase 1 troops are the only lego star wars thing I’m really interested in anymore.

2 Likes

LEGO unveiled three sets today, the probe droid, scout trooper helmet and darth vader helmet. Probe droid looks nice, scout trooper looks good considering the limitations of lego at this scale, and darth vader could use a redesign because the designer forgot about the tri-axle hub.

Update: I was browsing lego’s website looking at product descriptions today and I found this little gem.

“Aunthentic, bashed-up details”

Well, they’re not wrong, but why did they choose to photograph the storage hatch?

3 Likes